Dizziness after the cruise - is it just me?

FourForFun

This happened to me on our last cruise. We had rough seas for all of the 3 day cruise. Once I found the Meclizine, I wasn't sea sick anymore. However, when we returned home, I had that rocking feeling for almost a week (though it became less and less over the course of that week). It was worse in small places like the shower or bathroom. I have heard others say it's best to continue taking motion sickness medication until it stops. It didn't make me too nauseated- just a little in the shower.

This ALWAYS happens to me for about a week after cruising and I never get seasick! I do usually get a headache 1st or 2nd day and I'm never sure if it's the other tensions around getting it all together, flying in, or if the liquid in my ears are adjusting. I thought it was my ears, but when we spent 3 days in Rome last year it went away after a jet lag nap and never bothered me on the ship--just after I get off. The harder the floor, the worse the effect.

But when that happens, I just smile and remember the rocking and rolling of the ship and how much fun it was.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Carnival Glory rocked and rolled during our entire cruise, 2/05-12. We all swayed with it and were fine. Unfortunatly, I am still swaying! I've been feeling light headed and slightly dizzy for the last 6 days! The doctor suggested I take a cold decongestant or dramamine for a week and then give her a call if I still feel this way. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Can my equillibrium still be out of whack?

I am feeling the same way, 7 days now. Thanks for your suggestions! I'll try one of those two. Plus I read somewhere about wearing those sea bands on your wrist. I also read it could take up

to a month to feel better.

• 2 months later...

I got off Enchantment of the Seas this past Friday, the 18th. I still feel like everything is moving. This has happened to me after previous cruises as well. One time it lasted 2 weeks. The other times have been a week or less. My head has been hurting me this time as well.

Like others have said, I don't get seasick on board (even if I don't take anything) and I don't have the motion problems when I get off at ports. Only when I get off the cruise completely.

I think I will take someone else's suggestion and try some Bonine or Dramamine. Maybe that will help. I am ready for this to go away, but it would never stop me from cruising! :-)

• 3 years later...

I was just looking this up because I just got home from my cruise. Drove home 7 hours got in my door and have been feeling dizzy and just don't feel quite right. It's the next morning and I still feel that way. I guess it's normal. I felt pretty fine on the ship.