Single men, on which ship and when are you going?

Mahalia40

Hi all. This is my first cruise a single male in other words recently divorced. Anyway, I am looking at getting away. I have done this cruise many times so I know the port and know the ships. I booked what i considered a great balcony, aft on the corner. So, how will it be? I don't know but I am looking forward to finding out.

I have met a female close to my age, 55, and she is going on a cruise by herself. we said we would cruise togethe in the future, but i think we need to see how we get along before we commit to a cruise with each other.

Any, good posting and I will let you know how I survive a cruise as a single male.

Oh, one more thing...my ex booked a cruise, 2 weeks but with her mother....I think I will like mine more.:D

• Haha 1

Hi, single male, 38 here. My friend and I just got back from a cruise last week on the Carnival Ecstasy from Galveston to Cozumel. Unfortunately, I didn't meet any single people to hang out with, and was somewhat disappointed in the cruise. The first night, there was a "Singles Mingle" in one of the dance clubs, but that was a waste of time. Most people just sat around and didn't mingle at all. They should have done a speed-dating thing, or had people introduce themselves to others. Or maybe had an excursion package dedicated to only singles.

Also they had pre-arranged seating for dining in the evenings, so you were always stuck with the same people at dinner every night!

An employee on-board told us to go on CruiseCritic to get together with other singles.

Edited by VisualFX

Hi Visual

Sorry to hear that you had a not so good time :( I don't know if you have every considered a cruise where there is a specific singles group. The ad on the top of this page is a great company for just doing that. You decide how much you want to be involved with the rest of the group. Just something to think about, because I hope you keep cruising :D

I'm a single, late 40s. Finally went ahead and booked my cruise on the Carnival Pride, departing Jan 23 out of Baltimore. My third solo cruise - mainly planning to relax for a bit. Hopefully we won't have massive snowstorms the departure weekend... :D

Don't want to be the only single on my next cruise. My grandma used to say that the best way to get what you want is to ask for it. So I am:).

I'm thinking on going on my first single/solo cruise in January or February.

I'm 33 SWM and will be on the Carnival Dream Nov, 27th. Also hoping that I am not the only single person on my cruise!

Hi, single male, 38 here. My friend and I just got back from a cruise last week on the Carnival Ecstasy from Galveston to Cozumel. Unfortunately, I didn't meet any single people to hang out with, and was somewhat disappointed in the cruise. The first night, there was a "Singles Mingle" in one of the dance clubs, but that was a waste of time. Most people just sat around and didn't mingle at all. They should have done a speed-dating thing, or had people introduce themselves to others. Or maybe had an excursion package dedicated to only singles.

Also they had pre-arranged seating for dining in the evenings, so you were always stuck with the same people at dinner every night!

An employee on-board told us to go on CruiseCritic to get together with other singles.

Singles Mingles are using a flop on almost every ship. They hold them at terrible times and do a very poor job in my opinion of trying to break the ice and help people meet.

I agree with Snowbird that the Single Mingles are usually not much to talk about. When my single roommate and I are on the Conquest November 21st, we'll likely skip it. :)

I've gone to the Singles meet on about 8 of the 10 cruises I've been on. Most of the time the Singles meet is a total flop, but twice, one of the staff at least made an effort to announce the meet and do a quick intro circle.

I've recently realized it's comparable to a small Cruise Critic role call meet. When you don't have enough people for a big scheduled meet, you typically just set a time to meet in one of the lounges, and one of the people usually has a small sign that people can use to find each other.

I've been thinking it might not be a bad idea to print out an unofficial "Singles Meet - Gather Here" sign and bring it to the next Singles meet I go to on a cruise -- that way even if the staff doesn't try to get us together, other singles might see the sign and at least come over and say hello. Probably better than nothing.

Hi All

We just booked a cruise on NCL's newest ship EPIC, and saw they have a dedicated section for the solo traveler. A special neon lighted cabin, keyed entry to this area of ship, and a lounge just for these cabins.

Looks like NCL is accomadating the solo traveler and may be just what you all are seeking.

Have fun on where ever you cruise in life.

Mahalia Know what you mean about being a BALCONY snob.I am going on the Carnival Conquest 3 Apr 11 from Galveston Tx.It's a combination end of Winter Blues Birthday Cruise for me (46)

Hi Genoscooby!

When is your birthday? So you got yourself a balcony for your birthday? I like that idea! Mind if I steal it for mine? Enjoy your cruise!

Hi All

We just booked a cruise on NCL's newest ship EPIC, and saw they have a dedicated section for the solo traveler. A special neon lighted cabin, keyed entry to this area of ship, and a lounge just for these cabins.

Looks like NCL is accomadating the solo traveler and may be just what you all are seeking.

Have fun on where ever you cruise in life.

I'm really glad that NCL come up with the idea to help the solo/single traveller with that Single Supplement. When I'm able to travel to another state I will definitely go one the Epic. Healing from Spinal Surgery.

But one thing I have learned over the last few months is that Married Couples are booking the Solo Cabins two at a time and using the other cabin as storage room for luggage and clothing. I really wish they wouldnt do that, but you cant fight City Hall.:(

Having recently become single, I have cruised solo twice in the past year. Both times have been fun, fun, fun!

Although there haven't been many singles on board, I have enjoyed my travel buddies, the ports of call and have met many friendly and interesting couples - who are happy to expand their circle of vacation friends.

I will be on Holland America's Maasdam sailing on Dec 17, 2010. Perhaps there will be some singles, divorced Dads... whatever on this sailing. If so, sing out! (By the by... I am single 40s female).

Happy sailing!

Cruiznuts

Don't want to be the only single on my next cruise. My grandma used to say that the best way to get what you want is to ask for it. So I am:).

I am going May 21-2011. Fun in the sun. Laid back. People watching. Light drinking. Love to meet new people. Enjoy talking. Will you be their too?:) Oh I will be on the Liberty.Holla.

Edited by bigsmooth

Hi Genoscooby!

When is your birthday? So you got yourself a balcony for your birthday? I like that idea! Mind if I steal it for mine? Enjoy your cruise!

Birthday is 4th (1st funday at sea).Go ahead everyone should indulge themselves on their birthday!(as long as you don't count candles!!

Gong with some friends and a gal I met on another cruise forum,she is really nice and we were able to meet Sat,Totallly enthusiastic and ready to have a great cruising experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the Queen Victoria for a short 4-night Ensenada trip 13 Feb. Then instead of straight home, over to Miami for NCL Epic 19 Feb.

I'm with a dance group on QV, and a couple of dancers I know are staying B2B on Epic, so I'm single, but not necessarily solo.

I am going on the Liberty on may 21-2011. Solo also. Hope you choose this cruise.:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Mahalia, will be on Carnival Imagination sailing February 28. Sorry for the short notice, but I just saw your post. I turn 50 on the 24th of Feb and I too am recently single. There is always the next cruise!

I am going May 21- 2011 on the Carnival Liberty;). What about you? When are you going and on what ship?