First windstar cruise! Questions?

chefchick

My wife are planning to do the Barbados > St. Maarten trip Jan 2012 on the Wind Surf. We have cruised on the Princess and RCCL ships near this time of year with no issues. She has an issue with some sea sickness on smaller boats and wonder if this is a good time of year for this particular cruise on this particular ship?

I could be wrong -- of course -- but this certainly seems to start in Barbados and end up in St. Maarten and that is what Amex is selling to.

https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/cruisedetail.jsp?cobrand=15558&pid=15558&langrecno=1&sessionid=8A388F9BFE54E24C2C7B7B2380216FCD.tomcat&javascript=&jsessionid=8A388F9BFE54E24C2C7B7B2380216FCD.tomcat&specialofferproviderrecno=-99&amexrecno=138159&recno=22187408&isgalileo=false&clr=24

Sailing Date(s):

07 Jan, 2012

Ship Rating: N/A

Itinerary Information at a Glance

DayPort of CallArrivalDeparture0

Bridgetown

10:00 PM

Mayreau Grenadines

9:00 AM

5:00 PM

Pigeon Island

8:00 AM

4:00 PM

Martinique

Portsmouth

11:00 AM

8:00 PM

At Sea

St. Barthelemy

11:59 PM

Philipsburg St. Maarten

7:00 AM

I don't think AMEX's page is correct; I don't find this itinerary on any online TA, and it's not what Windstar's webpage shows. Appears the Windsurf will change from a Barbados-Barbados itinerary in 2012 and go to the St. Maarten-St. Maarten. I would double check before you purchase that itinerary:

http://www.windstarcruises.com/carribean-cruises-4120107-6923.aspx

That is a first for me with Amex, since 1974, never had something wrong. I had checked the WindStar Cruises website and saw all of that and had not moved anywhere close to calling or booking. Just shopping. The program was to get to Martinique, which I have managed to miss after touching almost everything else in the Caribbean plus I liked the other locales on the itinerary. I am supposed to do two back to back stints in the Antarctica in late January and into February 2012 and so will have to sort it all out again, from scratch. Although the January 14, 2012, Wind Surf schedule looks attractive. Thanks for the catch and passing along your knowledge.

I could be wrong -- of course -- but this certainly seems to start in Barbados and end up in St. Maarten and that is what Amex is selling to.

https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/cruisedetail.jsp?cobrand=15558&pid=15558&langrecno=1&sessionid=8A388F9BFE54E24C2C7B7B2380216FCD.tomcat&javascript=&jsessionid=8A388F9BFE54E24C2C7B7B2380216FCD.tomcat&specialofferproviderrecno=-99&amexrecno=138159&recno=22187408&isgalileo=false&clr=24

Sailing Date(s):

07 Jan, 2012

Ship Rating: N/A

Itinerary Information at a Glance

DayPort of CallArrivalDeparture0

Bridgetown

10:00 PM

Mayreau Grenadines

9:00 AM

Pigeon Island

4:00 PM

Martinique

Portsmouth

11:00 AM

8:00 PM

At Sea

St. Barthelemy

11:59 PM

Philipsburg St. Maarten

7:00 AM

Could this be the one time repositioning cruise?

We did one of those for our honeymoon several years on the Windsurf. Dover England to Lisbon Portugal. (Fabulous trip!) Back then, Windsurf did the Baltic in the summer and then the Med for a few weeks and then the crossing to the Caribbean for winter.

My wife and I have purchased the All Inclusive Beverage Pkg on both Windstar cruises we have been on. That way, your not worried about what you ordered, how many you ordered, it includes a bottle of wine every night, and also includes as much from your cabin mini bar you care to drink. We go through tons of bottled water which is also included. I highly recommend it. In fact, just booked the 2/27/11 Windsurf and added it to our package! Can't wait! It's so nice to have bartenders bring or pour you a drink without even asking!

If I may ask, what is the cost of the Beverage Package? Also, can just one person in the cabin order the package?

Thanks.

I'm thinking of booking the eastbound Hamilton, Bermuda to Lisbon TA in April 2012 on the Windstar. Does anyone have any cabin preferences for an eastbound TA? I was thinking a midships starboard cabin. Southern exposure and a minimum of ships movement. For those who have been on an eastbound TA does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Travelswithmonkey

• 3 weeks later...

I am just about to book my first cruise with Windstar on Windspirt and would love some advice in cabin selection. I am looking at Cat B Deck 1. The following cabins are still available 101/102/103/104/105/106/112/121/140. Any comments would be great.:)

I am just about to book my first cruise with Windstar on Windspirt and would love some advice in cabin selection. I am looking at Cat B Deck 1. The following cabins are still available 101/102/103/104/105/106/112/121/140. Any comments would be great.:)

If it were me, I would book cabin 112 - trying to stay mid ship. The problem with 121, and it is minor, is that it is right next to the stairs. There will be some limited noise from people climbing them. The others are far aft. Again, not really a problem.

Bottom line is that any cabin will be great.

If it were me, I would book cabin 112 - trying to stay mid ship. The problem with 121, and it is minor, is that it is right next to the stairs. There will be some limited noise from people climbing them. The others are far aft. Again, not really a problem.

Bottom line is that any cabin will be great.

Many thanks to you. I have now booked Windspirit Ex Rome on 7 May 2011 and really looking forward to trying Windstar as have only experienced the larger cruise ships Celebrity. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ChefChick,

Listed below is some more information about our beverage packages offered onboard:

Option 1 Beverage Package: Unlimited premium cocktails, wines and champagnes, imported and domestic beers, soft drinks, and bottled water for $49 US per person, per day. (Wine and champagne selections by the glass based on bottles of up to $42 US. Super Premium Cognacs, Deluxe Cognacs and mini-bar not included. A 15% service charge applies. Beverage packages must be purchased in advance or on the first day of the cruise).

Option 2 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package: Unlimited non-alcoholic wines and beers, virgin cocktails, soft drinks and bottled water for $18 US per person, per day. (Mini-bar not included. A 15% service charge applies). Beverage packages must be purchased in advance or on the first day of the cruise).

Hope this helps. We look forward to having you aboard the Wind Surf!

Best,

Megan

Windstar Social Media Team

Archived