2 Interiors vs 1 Oceanview

queen14

We are a family of four, ages 56, 56, 23 and 20.

I'm undecided about getting 2 interior cabins or 1 oceanview cabin. It will be our first time on Carnival, second overall. On our previous cruise, we had 2 oceanviews which we enjoyed.

I guess I'm still undecided because of the fear of an interior room. Claustrophobia is what comes to mind when I think of getting an interior. I'm leaning towards an interior but it just freaks me out a little. lol

Am I just being paranoid? haha Any suggestions between the 2 choices? Any advice? Thanks in advance

My kids are a tad younger than yours. (19 and 17). On our last cruise they got an interior cabin for themselves, directly across the hall. If the 4 of us are lucky enough to cruise together again (this year it's just 3 as DD in college), then separate rooms are a must. Each side deserves some privacy at that age. We last shared when the kids were 16 and 14. That was fine then.

Depending on the ship-the wonderful thing about Carnival is that a porthole room(window but round) is priced the same as an interior. So, if it's a fanstasy class ship, you still get a window, but pay for an interior.

I was going to bring this up as well. If it is another class (Conquest, Dream, etc) then check out the 4J cabins. They are classified as interior as well but have a picture window. The view is out to a deck at the front of the ship so it is obstructed, but you will get sun. Plus there are doors leading to the decks out front right there.

No brainer two interior where you both have "room" versus 4 people in a room with view but no space. There is so much to do on a ship if budget is a constraint better have room and leverage all that "fun" space if you do end up feeling claustophobic.

I'm undecided about getting 2 interior cabins or 1 oceanview cabin. It will be our first time on Carnival, second overall. On our previous cruise, we had 2 oceanviews which we enjoyed.

I guess I'm still undecided because of the fear of an interior room. Claustrophobia is what comes to mind when I think of getting an interior. I'm leaning towards an interior but it just freaks me out a little. lol

Am I just being paranoid? haha Any suggestions between the 2 choices? Any advice? Thanks in advance

Best thing about Carnival, the majority of their Interior rooms are the same size as the Oceanviews. (Love That)

Im not sure that it is a majority??

I know Destiny, Triumph, Conquest, Splendor and Dream class the OVs are all larger than insides.

Since the OP didnt say which ship ... .I guess id pick 2 inside cabins. I would not like the lack of privacy with 4 in a small cabin.

2 interior cabins is the way to go, On one of my cruises there were 4 adults in a interior and they said it was way to small.

Look carefully at the prices- an outside with 4 is usually very little more than an outside with 2 and an inside with 2. More than 2 insides but not much more than 4 outside. That is what we did when we had the kids with us- it was about $100 more for the week than cramming us all into one room.

I was going to bring this up as well. If it is another class (Conquest, Dream, etc) then check out the 4J cabins. They are classified as interior as well but have a picture window. The view is out to a deck at the front of the ship so it is obstructed, but you will get sun. Plus there are doors leading to the decks out front right there.

Depending on the ship-the wonderful thing about Carnival is that a porthole room(window but round) is priced the same as an interior. So, if it's a fanstasy class ship, you still get a window, but pay for an interior.

thanks for all the advice everyone! We are looking into the Carnival GLORY next spring going to Western Caribbean. I think 2 interiors will be good for all of us.

Archived