How do they choose states for Residency Discount?

It is only for states that end in certain letters.....like A for California, Florida, Georgia or Alabama or Y for New York, New Jersey, or Kentucky or S for Texas, Kansas, or Massachusetts.

New York ends in a "y"?!?!?!?!? :eek: ;) :)

When I got my Booking Confirmation, there was a "Promo Restriction" which states "At least one guest must be resident of the following" and 17 states were listed. (GA, IA, IN,KY,ME,MI,ND, NM, NV, OH, OR, RI, SC, SD, WA, WI WY)

Normally, with the southern states listed, TN is thrown in there.

121525172_1c564e2834.jpg

SmallRaffleDrum.JPG

games-of-chance.jpg

roulette.jpg

winning_the_lottery.jpg

TOO FUNNY...Can't stop giggling

When I got my Booking Confirmation, there was a "Promo Restriction" which states "At least one guest must be resident of the following" and 17 states were listed. (GA, IA, IN,KY,ME,MI,ND, NM, NV, OH, OR, RI, SC, SD, WA, WI WY)

I got one for my cruise next month, and I'm from Alabama...leaving from Florida...who knows??? Draw out of a hat maybe?? :rolleyes:

Yes, it's listed on your invoice after you have booked your cruise, but that doesn't help you when you are LOOKING FOR a cruise.

:)

I've cruised many times and NEVER had a residency rate until after I just booked Radiance for January 2011.

I always book 2 cabins (one for my dh and me/one for the kids) and cruise during school breaks or summer. I live in NY and usually leave out of Florida.

This past month, I was VERY happy to see a resident rate for NY on Radiance for a balcony cabin, category E3.

hey listen now... we people of the great state of new mexico:cool: have never seen a discount out west over here.... maybe they dont count us as a state since we are the only ones who need to put USA on our license plates:confused::eek:;) but hey, we digress and live on

Nope....because we usually have the highest airfare of anyone and have never had a residency discount.

Nope....because not many folks from our state cruise either....and we have never had a residency discount so that can't be it either. LOL!

It is only for states that end in certain letters.....like A for California, Florida, Georgia or Alabama or Y for New York, New Jersey, or Kentucky or S for Texas, Kansas, or Massachusetts.

LOL! I was tired last night! I know New York doesn't end in Y. It was just a test and yes...you passed. LOL!

New York ends in a "y"?!?!?!?!? :eek: ;) :)

LOL! ROFLMAO as soon I opened the thread this morning and re-read it even before I saw your post. I knew I was tired last night but obviously too tired to be posting. LOL! Now to go see what goofy things I said on the other threads!

However, I have never figured out the rhyme or reason for residency discounts. I have no problem with senior discounts or the military, police, fire discounts but I think the residency discounts are stupid. I think if they can sell a cabin for $XX to someone in TN they should sell that same category for the same price to someone from AK. Just because someone from FL can drive to the ship doesn't mean they should get it cheaper than I would if I am willing to pay the air to get there.

Just curious...anyone have ideas as to how RCI goes about deciding which states get residency discounts when? We just got one which covers 17 states.
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

Seriously, they're not going to share that any more than they are the exact workings of price changes. If we knew so would their competitors and could use it to their advantage and RCI's disadvantage

Come now...

A modern, forward thinking company like RCCL would not stoop so low as to use such a childish game for something that important...

They use "Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock".

PRC

OH MAN! I was going to write that but wasn't sure anyone else would get it! Gotta love Sheldon!!!! :D

They factor in the cost of airfare vs the cost of the cruise.

If the airfare is pricey, they'll have a residency special on the cruise to entice bookings.

Cruisingly Yours

Really? That must be the reason for Florida residency discounts on cruise out of Florida ports.:rolleyes:

Archived