Thanks to Carnival for their great Military Rates

Julia Goolia

Just booked the Carnival Splendor for the November 28th sailing and saved over $400 on an 8F with the military discount.

So thankful to have gotten a great deal on my pre-deployment vacation. Now if time would just speed up a little so that it is closer to November 28th, I would be all set!

Is it too early to start planning my post-deployment cruise/welcome home celebration? The Magic will be in Galveston by then and I'll be in Killeen, Texas. Hmmm...got some thinking to do. :p

Thank you for your service to our country. I hope you have a wonderful time. You deserve it. Stay safe. Thank you again and God Bless America!!!

It's not fair for the military to get special rates without giving it to others. There are many different people risking their lives and saving other's lives that don't get this rate.

I don't believe you posted this.... it's a joke, isn't it!!!???

DH is a Vietnam veteran. and we've enjoyed military discouts, over 55 discounts. and past-cruiser discounts!

Is there any reason you'd find these 'unfair' too?? Our discounts don't affect your cruise price in any way.... why should it bother you!!??:confused:

I have to assume all the negative comments about the military are only made in jest or to get a rise out of everyone(though I know I am wrong) because who in their right mind would say the things "they" are saying about our military service people?

It is because of them that we all are able to post of forums like this, go on cruises, live freely, etc.

"It was their choice to go into the service"

Yes, it was, and be damn glad they did so you can have the life you have. If you people that are saying these ignorant comments really do believe them, then move, go elsewhere and quit enjoying the benefits of our military-provided freedom.

Totally agree, I just had the same experience. Booked the follow up cruise to my Dec 4th trip on the Elation. Booked Military rate and got a mid ship Ocean View for the price of a 1A. About $100 cheaper than any of the posted rates. I booked Military rate all the time prior to the advent of ES. I always remind my PVP that I am Military, over 55, past guest and from Mississippi when I talk to him about booking and he will check the prices for all available specials.

***And yes, everyone is intitled to their opinion about the Military, no matter how wrong they are. As long as they can hide behind the internet they can continue to spout their garbage. But only because of men and woman of the US Military that put their lives on the line every day to make sure that we are all safe here and do have the right to free speech.

OK, my 2 cents.....I think that Carnival offers a number of different discounts that cover a wide range of people. Some discounts I can qualify for (mil. past guest, senior, etc) and some I can't. I use the ones that are available to me and cruises as much as I can. I think Carnival has done an outstanding job saying thanks to our military service guys and gals. If someone want to be able to use a Military Discount maybe they should do the TIME IN THE SERVICE OR USE A DISCOUNT THAT THEY QUALIFY FOR.

SEE YOU ON THE SHIP

LEEDM

Wow! I had no idea that this post would stir up any controversy whatsoever. Guess I am a bit naive. Anyway....

Thanks to all who posted here with their kind words of support and appreciation (for all of the military members out there, past and present)and especially thanks to all of those who mentioned that they have served as well.

As many mentioned, it is best just to let your PVP (or whomever books your cruise for you) know all of the discounts that you may possibly qualify for and let them tell you what the best deal is. For this sailing, since it is in just a little over a month away, there was no ES and the military rate happened to beat out the past guest, michigan resident, florida resident and california resident rates.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words and for sharing in my excitement of booking my pre-deployment vacation.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Wow! I had no idea that this post would stir up any controversy whatsoever. Guess I am a bit naive. Anyway....

Thanks to all who posted here with their kind words of support and appreciation (for all of the military members out there, past and present)and especially thanks to all of those who mentioned that they have served as well.

As many mentioned, it is best just to let your PVP (or whomever books your cruise for you) know all of the discounts that you may possibly qualify for and let them tell you what the best deal is. For this sailing, since it is in just a little over a month away, there was no ES and the military rate happened to beat out the past guest, michigan resident, florida resident and california resident rates.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words and for sharing in my excitement of booking my pre-deployment vacation.

Take care and have a great weekend.

THANK YOU for your SELFLESSNESS. My dear boy friend (regular Army 20 years); several in Viet Nam, then Korea; was wounded four times in Viet Nam. His disabled body is testament to his service for this country.

To the Canadian, have you pressed Carnival for them to extend military rates to Canadian? (Aussies should get 'em, too!). Call Bob Dickinson, Mark Tamis Vice President-Guest Relations, "]Richard Weinstein Vice President-Corporate and Incentive Sales, "]Christine Arnholt Vice President-Marketing Services.

BTW: I have visited many cities in Canada, loved each trip and found many charming people. No country has everything "right", including ours. There are many experiences I have enjoyed; from your large cosmopolitan cities of Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver to the charm of a late night dîner à prix fixe in Magog. Sounds like CCL just needs to get a process in place to provide military discounts to Canadians and Aussies, Brits, etc. Whatever the Canadian equivalent to a DD214 is what the cruise line will need for the CCL Military Desk-they certify each one they receive.

The latest American military draft ended in 1973; therefore, some were drafted rather than enlisted and wound up fighting. Sadly we are losing the last of the GREATEST GENERATION that ever lived by the hundreds everyday. I wholeheartedly believe in military discounts, but think the VETERANS are the real VIPs.

Julia Goolia you got a whopper of a discount. We received $200 off on our wrap-aft balcony sailing out of Galveston next year. Wish I was sailing with you, we would buy you a cocktail and DBF could salute you. Normally, when I see a uniformed service person I am moved to tears thinking of their separation from family and everything familiar. Cruise fares are like air line tickets you might have a middle seat purchased six months ago, but paid more lots than the guy next to you who bought his Tuesday at 1:01am-after the nightly ticket release.

When I book a cruise, I list every category of discount (as several other posters mentioned) which applies to us; over 55, past pax and retired military. Only in the last few months has the military discount been attractive when compared to the other possible discounts. Only CCL can explain why; however, like selling hotel rooms occupancy-hotels/capacity controlled-cruise staterooms affect the pricing which is constantly changing due to new bookings and probably a lot of other things I can only imagine.

My comments were in no way intended to offend anyone posting to this thread.

Happy sailing to all on this thread.

Jeez, while you're taking the time to type up this message on an internet forum, military personnel are defending/fighting/dying for our freedoms.

They deserve all the discounts they can get...heck I'd vote for giving them each a free cruise for every year of service.

TS: Congrats on the discount and thank you for your service.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation! :)

well said!!!

It's not fair for the military to get special rates without giving it to others. There are many different people risking their lives and saving other's lives that don't get this rate.

When all the others: will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, then they can step to the plate

"It's not fair..." Lord, I'm so tired of that whine! :mad:

It's not fair that someone got dysentery from slurping down a gallon of rice-paddy water getting away from incoming artillery. It's not fair that a young man lost both legs due to an IED, lost a eye due to a piece of schrapnel, LOST HIS LIFE falling on a grenade so his buddies would survive! It's not fair that thirty years later someone is dying of pancreatic cancer caused by Agent Orange. Don't tell me about fair... crawl back into your warm bed and thank whomever you worship that you didn't and won't have to do it.

Oh yeah, that risk taker thing? Since I came back from Vietnam, I've been a cop, a firefighter and a correctional officer. NONE of them see the same risks. Save it sister! (BTW, they get discounts, too)

[/rant]

Julia, thank you and your cruise buddy (and the rest of your unit as well) for your service. Stay safe and put on the whole armor of the lord. Like the old fire horse, I wish I could still respond...

Can I ask where you found the military discount offer? We have been waiting to check that rate as well. Thanks

hi---we too are able to get the military rate----retired-after 24 yrs army aervice---we also have a 'CRUISE PLANNER' from Carnival-----just call--Carnival and asks for one---they are very helpful-----enjoy your trip---John and Irene

That's great! I'm glad you were able to get the rates to enjoy sometime before deploying and may you make lots of memories!

We checked to see for our Christmas cruise but the mil rate was higher than the residency rate so we went with that this time but will keep checking in the future! Dh just returned from #3 this summer but we had to pcs so we are finally getting around to our post deployment vacation a bit late lol

Have a great trip and safe deployment!

Canada has a military?

We faught alongside you in the Iraq and continue to fight along side you in Afghanistan.. I am a desert storm vet and am proud to say I was there with the members of the Canadian Armed Forces as well as the United States Army, Navy , Air Force and Marines.

I have lost many good friends in Afghanistan( god bless you Nichola Godard)and am proud of my DH and DS who are in our armed forces.

You are complete idiot:(...and have NO appreciation for anyone who has served their country. If it is at home or on TOD's.. maybe you should try a month in our boots so you can gain some sort of appreciation for what we do everyday so you can be free...and to think we live in the same country.. you should be ashamed of yourself..

.. come on buddy try being a medic in theater trying to put buddies guts back in after and IED attach...How could you put something like it's not fair( so childish)...try being on the other end...some of us don't think it is fair what happened to us over seas.. losing friends loved ones, parents, children,husbands and wives.:(

A little appreciation for our sacrifice goes a long way...

I am the founder of a the yellow ribbon campaign..Operation Tie is on for the Troops in Canada( red fridays)We support out troops and the families left behind...I will be wearing red on the friday I am on board the ship as well as every friday..

And you are a disgrace:mad: to all who serve everywhere..shame on you

Poted by maj288

The men and women serving weren't forced to go into a war! They chose their profession and I don't feel they should get any special treatment.

maj288 , you must be very young or flunked US History.:confused:

WW2 , Korea & Vietnam were fought by "millions" of draftee's, many still alive and cruising .;)

That's great! I'm glad you were able to get the rates to enjoy sometime before deploying and may you make lots of memories!

We checked to see for our Christmas cruise but the mil rate was higher than the residency rate so we went with that this time but will keep checking in the future! Dh just returned from #3 this summer but we had to pcs so we are finally getting around to our post deployment vacation a bit late lol

Have a great trip and safe deployment!

We found that the resident rate was better than the military rate for us too! Just because they have military rates, doesn't mean its the absolute best deal, it just means there could be a good deal for you.

maj288, I have a challenge for you. Come spend a day volunteering at a Veterans Hospital. It may give you the appreciation that you so sadly are lacking for the men and woman that put their lives on the line everyday so that you still have the right to free speech and make you safe and snug in your little bed each night. I am not holding my breath that you have to guts to take this challenge.

THANK YOU for your SELFLESSNESS. My dear boy friend (regular Army 20 years); several in Viet Nam, then Korea; was wounded four times in Viet Nam. His disabled body is testament to his service for this country.

To the Canadian, have you pressed Carnival for them to extend military rates to Canadian? (Aussies should get 'em, too!). Call Bob Dickinson, Mark Tamis Vice President-Guest Relations, Richard Weinstein Vice President-Corporate and Incentive Sales, Christine Arnholt Vice President-Marketing Services.

BTW: I have visited many cities in Canada, loved each trip and found many charming people. No country has everything "right", including ours. There are many experiences I have enjoyed; from your large cosmopolitan cities of Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver to the charm of a late night dîner à prix fixe in Magog. Sounds like CCL just needs to get a process in place to provide military discounts to Canadians and Aussies, Brits, etc. Whatever the Canadian equivalent to a DD214 is what the cruise line will need for the CCL Military Desk-they certify each one they receive.

The latest American military draft ended in 1973; therefore, some were drafted rather than enlisted and wound up fighting. Sadly we are losing the last of the GREATEST GENERATION that ever lived by the hundreds everyday. I wholeheartedly believe in military discounts, but think the VETERANS are the real VIPs.

Julia Goolia you got a whopper of a discount. We received $200 off on our wrap-aft balcony sailing out of Galveston next year. Wish I was sailing with you, we would buy you a cocktail and DBF could salute you. Normally, when I see a uniformed service person I am moved to tears thinking of their separation from family and everything familiar. Cruise fares are like air line tickets you might have a middle seat purchased six months ago, but paid more lots than the guy next to you who bought his Tuesday at 1:01am-after the nightly ticket release.

When I book a cruise, I list every category of discount (as several other posters mentioned) which applies to us; over 55, past pax and retired military. Only in the last few months has the military discount been attractive when compared to the other possible discounts. Only CCL can explain why; however, like selling hotel rooms occupancy-hotels/capacity controlled-cruise staterooms affect the pricing which is constantly changing due to new bookings and probably a lot of other things I can only imagine.

My comments were in no way intended to offend anyone posting to this thread.

Happy sailing to all on this thread.

thank you recognizing our country we do have some great places that at this point or only accessible by travel modes other then a cruise ship..but we can always hope LOL...

Regardless of the fact that CCl continues to NOT recognize our military I still have the best PVP I've ever had and get treated very well on the ships and just plain have a great time on Carnivals ships I'll conitinue to go on them and recommend them to other retired service personel for those reasons alone..

I was lucky enough to meet several Ausies and Kiwis in my time with the service as well as in civilian live and would love to one day come to the austrailia..

As far as docutmentation goes for Military personnel here.. we need our service number and Military I card.. most companies in town also honor the families of the member with dependants id a discount if it is offered with out the member being present.

My DS20,DH and DS14( a cadet) will be proudly wearing their uniforms with their base commander permission and blessing on the Glory Feb 20 2011..

May god Bless the Armed Forces personnel of all of the countries who served in any conflict...this in Canada is what we call..esprit du corps...the spirit of the troops.. may they stand tall and proud and recieve the honor they and we all deserve...WHHOOOAHHH

maj288, I have a challenge for you. Come spend a day volunteering at a Veterans Hospital. It may give you the appreciation that you so sadly are lacking for the men and woman that put their lives on the line everyday so that you still have the right to free speech and make you safe and snug in your little bed each night. I am not holding my breath that you have to guts to take this challenge.

I don't think he/she has the guts sir/maam...I am embarassed that Maj288 is from my country..

A Retired Med A from Jericho Beach Det CFB Chilliwack BC Canada roto 1991 desert storm

We faught alongside you in the Iraq and continue to fight along side you in Afghanistan.. I am a desert storm vet and am proud to say I was there with the members of the Canadian Armed Forces as well as the United States Army, Navy , Air Force and Marines.

I have lost many good friends in Afghanistan( god bless you Nichola Godard)and am proud of my DH and DS who are in our armed forces.

I'm sure you posted this before you read a little further down and saw that I posted again saying I was kidding. I have several friends in Canada and two branch offices of the company I work for. I have nothing but love for ALL our allies.

Archived