Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

Great review, great pictures, thanks so much for posting I can hardly wait to go!!!! Last cruise I had a JS on Indy and had 2 chairs/table and 2 loungers, was wondering does the JS balcony on Oasis fit a lounger or 2 if I want to request it?

What an AMAZING post!! I often wish I would have the patience to do something like this..maybe I will make a commitment to it this next sailing on the Oasis in April!! Thank you so much for your time and energy, you showed me things I have yet to hear about or see on the Oasis!

Two questions -

I heard there was a photo studio where you could dress up in different costumes and take pictures. Has anyone does this? Does anyone have the pricing for this or any examples of pictures they have taken??

Also - I know that these are floating around somewhere, but is there a thread/posting with a collection of all the menus for the extra restaurants (not MDR of course) on board? Please let me know if there is and I just haven't come across it yet.

Thank you!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have just re read this whole wonderfil review- again!... and thank you for the time and effort involved. I did not actually get to return to tell you that we did book Allure for my bucket list vacation with my family. We ended up selecting a D cabin for us and were going to get an inside for the teens. However, allocation of two such cabins nearby almost cost the same as two balconies so their surprise Christmas present is a balcony cabin. Unfortunately my chemo has not stopped as planned but the oncologist is still encouraging us to take the trip with a break in flights at Hawaii. We will be on Allure February 27 after a 10 day cruise on Emerald Princess so DH can get his fix of ports. :pTo add to the excitement, several groups of friends who live in USA are going to meet us at different times. I am still to alert some others that we will be coming.

I am still unsure how I will be fit for all of this, but the planning is the best medicine.

I just wanted to share this news with you and let you know that this review has brought so much pleasure and inspiration. I agree that the cruiseline should reward you for comission as I'm sure many have been inspried by your review to book a cruise on Oasis/Allure.

Thank you again and thanks to those who helped along the way by answering my questions.:)

Jen

Wow, awesome review! The Oasis class is simply amazing.

I cannot wait to get on Allure next year, this review has really got me anxious.

I'm glad to hear about the D/D+ sail away on the helipad, that is one of my favorite areas. We are trying our best to get to Diamond before Allure, that will be one more little thing to look forward to (fingers crossed that RCI doesn't up the required credits).

Sorry if I missed it, but how was the Diamond lounge? Do they serve beer or is it just wine and champagne?

Sorry if I missed it, but how was the Diamond lounge? Do they serve beer or is it just wine and champagne?

Thanks Darth. It was your photo reviews that made me want to do it!

The Diamond Lounge had a full bar set up. Although, I don't seem to recall beer. I could be wrong. My sailing had a lot of D/D+ members, so the nightly event was held in the nightclub below the Promenade. You could order any drink you wanted.

Thanks Darth. It was your photo reviews that made me want to do it!

The Diamond Lounge had a full bar set up. Although, I don't seem to recall beer. I could be wrong. My sailing had a lot of D/D+ members, so the nightly event was held in the nightclub below the Promenade. You could order any drink you wanted.

Cool thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they have some Heinekens available. :)

As Diamond members, we are confused. Is there a Diamond lounge like the one found on Liberty (breakfast, coffee, etc.) on the Oasis, or is it only a Diamond event?

There IS a Diamond Lounge on Oasis and it is situated overlooking the Royal Promenade. We loved it, and used it every night on our Oasis cruise last summer. I think if there are too many Diamond/Diamond + guests onboard on any given cruise, they may have to use an alternative venue thus instituting the "Diamond Event" in lieu of the Diamond Lounge. So, it will vary from cruise to cruise.

As Diamond members, we are confused. Is there a Diamond lounge like the one found on Liberty (breakfast, coffee, etc.) on the Oasis, or is it only a Diamond event?

As Bonnie just said, the DL is in the Promenade. It is directly over Boleros and overlooks the entire promenade.

Breakfast in the DL is continental.

The lounge is full of very nice, modern, and comfortable couches and the area overlooking the promenade is set up like a terrace.

Paul,

Thank you for a great review. I have wondered how they handled the crowds on such a large ship, but your information is reassuring that they handle them well.

My last cruise was on the Carnival Miracle, a spirit class ship, and the disembarking process at ports was a nightmare, with passengers shoulder to shoulder in the stairwells. Carnival needs to take a page from RCCL when it comes to embarkation and disembarkation according to your review.

I do have a question, (or 2)... I would like to try the Oasis or Allure sometime next year, but am also open to other ships. You have cruised many of them and wondering what your recommendation would be for me.

We have cruised on the Fantasy class and Spirit Class on Carnival.

(Fantasy class is smallest with 2000 passengers and Spirit Class with 2200 passengers) I liked both classes, but found the Spirit class difficult to navigate and it had poor traffic flow and crowding. I really like Carnival, the price is usually similar to RCCL, but I would like to try another line and expand my horizons.:D

What would be your recommendations for us? I would appreciate any info you can give me. Or a link to any reviews you have done would be helpful. You seem like a voice of reason here and I truly appreciate that.

By the way, I really enjoyed your thread about the lost camera finding it's owner via a turtle and your hard investigative work! Great to know there are still honest, caring, hard working people in this world!

Thanks again, Lisa

Hi Lisa. Thank you very much for the kudos. :)

As for recommendations, it will depend heavily on your personal interests. Based on your comments about navigating your way through Carnival's Spirit Class, I recommend staying away from RCI's Sovereign Class (Monarch and Majesty). They are great little ships, but the floorplans can be a little confusing. There is one deck that only exists in the front half of the ship.

If you are looking for unending activities and the best entertainment at sea, Oasis Class is for you. Plus, as you even noted in my review, Oasis has the best proceedures for embarking and disembarking the ship.

Freedom and Voyager Classes are also very large ships full of activities. These ships are extremely easy to navigate because of the Royal Promenade.

If you are looking for a very nice cruise experience on a ship slightly more subdued ship, take a look at Radiance Class. The ships are beautiful, never crowded, and service is tops.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Just so you know, two weeks ago, the DL was used ONLY for breakfast...and yes, it was cool overlooking the promenade.

But in the evening, ONLY Blaze Nightclub (4th Deck) was open as the DL for evening hours 5-8. There were snacks & any kind of bar drink available except for what was behind the drop cloth - to be honest, it looked kind of stupid, but what the heck. We never saw it busy in there except on Thanksgiving Day - there were times when only one or two tables were used. (We were late seating, so I don't know what it was like at 5:00-6:00 - we'd go in around 7:45 for a pre-dinner drink).

Just an FYI - I don't know if we were unique to this situation or if that is the standard.

Hi Lisa. Thank you very much for the kudos. :)

As for recommendations, it will depend heavily on your personal interests. Based on your comments about navigating your way through Carnival's Spirit Class, I recommend staying away from RCI's Sovereign Class (Monarch and Majesty). They are great little ships, but the floorplans can be a little confusing. There is one deck that only exists in the front half of the ship.

If you are looking for unending activities and the best entertainment at sea, Oasis Class is for you. Plus, as you even noted in my review, Oasis has the best proceedures for embarking and disembarking the ship.

Freedom and Voyager Classes are also very large ships full of activities. These ships are extremely easy to navigate because of the Royal Promenade.

If you are looking for a very nice cruise experience on a ship slightly more subdued ship, take a look at Radiance Class. The ships are beautiful, never crowded, and service is tops.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you, this does help, especially since I wasn't specific in what I was looking for. We do want activities, but also would like to be able to find a quiet spot to lay in the sun and relax. (We're easy to please, and always thankful that we can take a vacation.0

If I think of more questions, I'll let you know. I ordered the "brochures" from RCCL and that will help me with more questions about cabins and locations I would want to book. (I'm a visual person, and like to have paper infront of me vs. an internet page.:o)

Thanks again, Lisa

(I'm a visual person, and like to have paper infront of me vs. an internet page.:o)

I understand. I'm the same way. If you click on any of my pictures in this thread, you can open up my webshots albums. There are photo albums of every cruise I have been on since owning a digital camera Enjoy! :)

Haven't had a chance to get back and comment on your telling me you took the photos with your iPhone. That is amazing that it was the iPhone you used and not some ultra fangled camera! The photos were amazing. Thank you once again for sharing your wonderful pics with us.

Can't wait for our two weeks on board the Oasis in feb! Bring it on!

Muriel

The Schooner is 100% non-smoking now. They switched it to be totally non-smoking sometime mid-late September.

Boleros is still a smoking bar as is the Globe and Atlas Pub. I don't smoke, so don't know if any other bars/lounges allow smoking. Knew Boleros was 'cause of CC and the Globe and Atlas when I went in to get some photos.

Thanks for the update Jaspercat, imo, nice to know The Schooner is non smoking.

I read this entire review when you posted. Great review/pics:) I re-read the review looking for days of certain events. The first is Love and marriage, you observed it was held on day 3 (you also went to Oasis of Dreams) - what time did this game start? Also, Quest, was held on day 4 -what time did it start? Many thanks if you can answer this. I have booked all my shows on Oasis and then realized I may have a conflict with Quest and/or Love and marriage. Most of our shows are booked 10:00 and on, since we have MTD at 7:15.

I read this entire review when you posted. Great review/pics:) I re-read the review looking for days of certain events. The first is Love and marriage, you observed it was held on day 3 (you also went to Oasis of Dreams) - what time did this game start? Also, Quest, was held on day 4 -what time did it start? Many thanks if you can answer this. I have booked all my shows on Oasis and then realized I may have a conflict with Quest and/or Love and marriage. Most of our shows are booked 10:00 and on, since we have MTD at 7:15.

My situation was just like yours. We were on MTD and ate at around 7 every night.

Quest is pretty late. If memory serves me correctly, it started at 11:45 pm. It is well after the main shows are over. You won't have a problem there.

L&M was a different story. We went to Oasis of Dreams and it ended about 30 minutes before L&M started. This was a bit of a hassle because, not only are they on completely opposite ends of the ships, but a lot of people went to the L&M show and the theater completely filled up, including all standing room. As a party of 2, you should be able to find a seat, but if your party is bigger, you may have to split up.

If you find yourself in that same situation, I suggest skipping all the Cruise Director announcements at the end of the OofD show. If you are in a main theater show, just stay in your seats. Even the comedy show won't be so bad because the Comedy Club is just outside the main theater.

Aquahound your review is amazing thank you so much for all the great info and pictures!

Did you visit the spa on the ship at all? Is there a spa on the ship? If so do you have any comments about it?

Thank you very much. I did visit the spa, but only to walk through. It was very spacious and well appointed. One floor was all yoga and excersise rooms, and the second floor was the spa and massage rooms.

Here's the Vitality Cafe:

2095206930080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

And here's some trees in the spa area:

2117642120080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2771747940080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you very much. I did visit the spa, but only to walk through. It was very spacious and well appointed. One floor was all yoga and excersise rooms, and the second floor was the spa and massage rooms.

Thanks for the quick reply...Was it anything like Radiance of the seas spa area?...I fell in love with the heated ceramic lounge chairs overlooking the water and the multiple steam rooms. Maybe a better question is do you know of any RC ships that have a similar spa set up as Radiance of the Seas? Your cruise knowledge is greatly appreciated :)

Thank You

Archived