Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

My night was capped off with an espresso martini in Boleros. Boleros was a great, upbeat night club. But I could not go in any further than the outermost bar because I found it to be very smoky. The bartenders were very entertaining and the drinks were very good....and generous!

2713987130080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

GREAT PICS

Oh that's Adrian!!! He makes THE BEST Mohito's!! :)

Janetz!!

It is Adrian in the piccie - thanks, I remembered his name got my hubbie to look and then carried on with the ironing/packing.....just checked back - so thanks for confirming this.

I agree, he makes the best Mojitos!!! hic! :D

Oasis looks stunning and I am giddy with excitement now! 5 more sleeps until we fly!

Here is where we ran in to a problem. As I stated earlier, we were on My Time Dining with 7:00 reservations all week. When we showed up to dinner this night, we were told our reservations were canceled for the rest of the week. They had no explanation. After a short wait, we did get in, but were told we had to wait in the "no reservations" lines for the remainder of the week. Being a party of 6, I knew that could mean having to wait, so I found that unacceptable...especially since they were the ones who canceled our reservations.

Later that night, I marched over to the Concierge Lounge and spoke with Ricardo, the concierge. Ricardo phoned the dining room manager and was able to straighten things out for us. Our reservations were re-booked, but for 15 minutes later. We ate at 7:15 for the rest of the week.

Anyways, day 2 was the first formal night. I had the Filet of Beef, and once again, I was not disappointed by my meal.

Our show reservations were for the ice show "Frozen in Time" in Studio B. As with all the other ice shows on other ships, it was excellent and well worth the time to see it.

2227445330080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2282959200080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Later that night, we went to Dazzles. Dazzles is a 2 story night club on decks 8 and 9 that had a live band. The band was excellent and they knew how to get people dancing.

2336404430080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2929253180080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

That night, they played one of my favorite songs...."Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" by the Black Eyed Peas. Here is a short video I shot of them playing it. This will give you an idea of the energy of this place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JobjC6mVNk4

Day 3 was a Sea Day. We wandered up to the Solarium around 10:00 and had no problem finding pool chairs. We needed 4 in a row and actually had plenty to choose from. We chose 4 right on the forward glass looking out the front.

2209101370080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't know if it was this particular cruise, or if it's always like this, but the Solarium always had available chairs. The main pool decks did get crowded, but the Solarium was always very comfortable. At no point in this cruise did we have to search for an open seat.

We had lunch reservations this day for Giovanni's Table in Central Park.

2114291450080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

This was my favorite meal of the whole cruise. It was EXCELLENT! Lunch was $10 per person and we had Caprese, Antipasti, Seafood Pasta, Veal Meatballs, and the Tiramisu. I will go as far as to say the tiramisu rivaled what you would get in Italy. If there is only one specialty restaurant you book on this cruise, make it Giovanni's Table.

Ok, this post will be some gripes.

First, the donut shop down on the Boardwalk is a great idea. However, we tried it at least 3 times during the cruise and never had a fresh donut. I don't know if it's because of the outside venue or what, but the donuts were always stale. Good thing they were free.

Next is a bigger gripe.....150 Central Park. Oct 11 was our anniversary and we thought we would have a good meal together. We checked the menus on the RCI website before the cruise and chose 150 Central Park due to the steak and Maine lobster. Even when embarking the ship, we were given a small booklet that had the restaurant menus. Again, it said the meal would be lobster and steak. When we got there, the menu came to us and there was no steak or lobster to be found. The main courses were salmon and lamb....two dishes I do not particularly care for. The waitress said they rotate between 4 seasonal menus. You could not avoid these dishes because it is not a menu you choose from. In this restaurant, you get what they bring you. You do not order from the menu. To make it worse, the appetizers were beer soup with popcorn floating in it, and some sort of pasta that even I could not stomach. 150 Central Park - Never again.

Paul.......I've read many photo reviews of the Oasis, but yours is the best!!! The pictures are fabulous.......I've never seen some of these views before. Getting a lot of useful information here and I'm not even booked on the Oasis or Allure! Thnking about it though! Looking forward to reading more.

Paul...I have no plans to go on Oasis or Allure, because I prefer the smaller ships in the RCCL fleet, but your photos and review could help push me over the edge...

Great review...thanks for sharing with all of us!

BILL

Paul...I can't thank you enough for this thread. We are going on the Allure Dec 1. Your wonderful photos are so helpful in visualizing the ship, as we only have 4 days to see it all.

Your pictures show very few people. Is it really so uncrowded ? I am looking forward to the rest of your review, thanks again so very much.

CC has been an amazing discovery for a relatively new cruiser. Almost everyone is so helpful and friendly, it keeps that cruise mood alive.

Paul, Great review...Going on Dec 4th...Booked 150 Central Park, now I'm thinking of changing to Chops, did you go to Chops? Would you recommend it.

No, I did not go to Chops on this cruise, but if I had it to do again, I would have booked Chops over 150.

Your pictures show very few people. Is it really so uncrowded ? I am looking forward to the rest of your review, thanks again so very much.

The idea the Oasis is a crowded ship because of the amount of passengers has got to be one of the biggest myths ever. There were times it got crowded, but those were high energy events where the crowds made it what it was. During normal operations, this ship was very wide open and actually less crowded than Voyager or Freedom Class ships.

Our show reservation for night 3 was "Oasis of Dreams" in the Aqua Theater. It was a close race with Hairspray, but Oasis of Dreams turned out to be my favorite. The diving acts were amazing, especially when they dove from the very top of the theater (about 70 feet up). Earlier, I said to get to the shows 30 minutes early. It's best to give this one a few more minutes. The comfortable chairs are every other row. In between are rows of bench seats. Obviously, the nice chairs fill up first, and quick.

2064504280080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2828235760080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2902788610080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Next was the Love and Marriage game show. This is one of the few times crowds are to be considered. When there is only one show, like in this case, everyone wants to go and the theater fills up very early. Richard Spacey really makes the show. Having a cruise director with his talent made it that much better.

2372392980080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2450226850080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived