Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

Janetz!!

It is Adrian in the piccie - thanks, I remembered his name got my hubbie to look and then carried on with the ironing/packing.....just checked back - so thanks for confirming this.

I agree, he makes the best Mojitos!!! hic! :D

Oasis looks stunning and I am giddy with excitement now! 5 more sleeps until we fly!

Just a tip, those Mohito's cost less with cash tips! :D The man that Adrian works with behind the bar is very nice but needs to practice making his Mohito's!

Day 4 was docked in St. Thomas. This was the first time I wandered off the ship. Oasis docks at Crown Bay on the other side of the harbor from the normal cruise docks at Havensight. We took a taxi over to Havensight in order to ride the sky ride to Paradise Point. The taxi was $5 per person.

Here are some shots of the bay from Paradise Point.

2560660490080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2302194710080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2871372240080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

In the first and last pictures, you can just make out the Oasis in the background (top left). I zoomed in for the second shot.

As you can see from the pictures, there were 3 other large ships in port...the Carnival Dream, Emerald Princess, and Carnival Freedom. I say this to address another myth. Having those 3 large ships along with Oasis in port made no difference whatsoever with crowds in port. It looked and felt no different than any other cruise where there were a couple or more ships in port. In fact, Paradise Point was rather empty and there were plenty of tables available.

They have getting on and off the ship down to a science on this ship. You have to enter the gangway from the deck 3 elevator banks. There is even a button in the elevators that says "Gangway." From there, you ride this escalator down to the security area. Getting on and off was an absolute breeze with no waiting lines.

2286943570080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Getting back on was easy also. They have a security building set up at each port. You enter the building, go through one of 4 security screening lines, then board the ship. Again, this made it a breeze.

If you are wondering which side of the ship to book your room, the Oasis is only set up to dock with the starboard (right) side to the pier.

Love the pics! Keep them coming!

Would you say that the majority of the passengers stay on the ship in port? It's interesting that you didn't find the port crowded, I would have thought with a ship that size & that many people it would be chaos. If not, then maybe Oasis (or Allure) would be worth a try, after seeing your pictures I'd really love to experience it!

We returned to the ship early and laid by the Solarium pool for a while. Once again, no problem finding chairs.

It was this day I discovered the Wipeout Cafe. I always said it would be nice if RCI put some sort of grill poolside like some other cruise lines have. Oasis has it. They served burgers, hot dogs, pizza, wings, cookies, and salad and pasta items. It was easy to just walk in, grab a plate, and either eat there or walk back to your pool chair with it.

2814027560080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

GREAT JOB......I am going Nov 6 and now even more psyched than ever.....I am sad we don't get to experience Richard Spacey I hear such great reviews, but he leaves the day we get on...we get Alan Brooks....

Thankyou....I am eagerly waiting more..........

Would you say that the majority of the passengers stay on the ship in port? It's interesting that you didn't find the port crowded, I would have thought with a ship that size & that many people it would be chaos. If not, then maybe Oasis (or Allure) would be worth a try, after seeing your pictures I'd really love to experience it!

Actually, I would say most got off. The pool decks were a ghost town in port.

This ship is so big and so well designed, no one area gets crowded. Believe me, I had the same concerns. I was very pleasantly surprised throughout this cruise at how uncrowded this ship really is.

For dinner this night, I had the Chicken Dumpling appetizer, Crab Pasta Appetizer, and the Surf and Turf for the main course. EXCELLENT! This was my favorite MDR night. All 3 courses were so good.

Our show that night was the Headliner Show. For us, it was the Coasters. Richard Spacey slipped up and introduced them as The Drifters. That was a little awkward. The show was alright. The music is way before my time. We actually left, not because it was bad, but there were just other things I wanted to be doing.

2195497370080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

That night, we went to Quest in Studio B. Quest was late enough it was easy to get a seat. We sat at the top because we just wanted to observe, not participate.

They introduced a camera man to Quest. This totally changed the show for the better. After every quest, they replayed the events in slow motion on the big screen. Add Richard Spacey's humor, and it was hilarious!

2869954900080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2387663460080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey Paul!!

Thanks for the review. It is awesome. Dan and I (along with our kids) will be on the Oasis for Thanksgiving. It will be our first cruise since being Diamond Plus.

Can't wait to hear about CL and Diamond Lounge!!!

Glad you enjoyed it!!

Jodi and Dan

Can't wait to hear about CL and Diamond Lounge!!!

No problem. I'll address that now. Simply put...the CL is the best in the fleet. It is two stories of floor to ceiling glass overlooking the Boardwalk. The concierges were Ricardo and Natalia. Both were very friendly and both would go to great lengths to help you out in any way they could.

In the mornings, the port shopping guide was in there to assist with any questions about the port.

We ate breakfast in there twice. Aside from the continental breakfast buffet, they serve a hot breakfast off the menu. There were 2 waiters working in there for breakfast and the evening cocktail parties.

This is the upstairs where the Chef's Table was located:

2472113960080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

This is just a view looking out:

2622569520080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I began this day with a walk around the track on deck 5. Here is one area I was disappointed. Despite some posts I read a while back, the track does go all the way around. However, it is narrow. Unlike other ships, you can not just leisurely and lazily wander this deck. First, the are no views because of the life boats. Second, the only chairs are at the stern.

One lap around was just under a half mile.

2299187080080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2457175130080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2190906600080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

As a D+ perk, we had a bridge tour at 10:00 am. It was very interesting to see the Oasis bridge and all the modern technology. Unfortunately, pictures were not permitted.

Afterwards, we wandered off the ship in to St. Martin. I was able to snap a few Oasis shots. We were joined in port by the Carnival Dream.

2884057990080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2129149800080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2956199480080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Great review and photos Paul.

Agree about the WJ with the size but we found the food to be lacking anyway. You did not miss much. Too many other great places to dine on board for lunch.

Surprised that they did not allow photos on the bridge. They allowed us back in May.

So you booked the Allure????:)

Agree about the WJ with the size but we found the food to be lacking anyway. You did not miss much. Too many other great places to dine on board for lunch.

So you booked the Allure????:)

Hi Gator.

My father ate breakfast 3 times in the WJ. He complained the food was cold each time. Yes, I did make a comment to him about being fooled 3 times. ;)

Oh yea! After this cruise, the Allure was a no brainer for me. We are going in April.

Dinner in the MDR was great, once again. I had the Pork Loin, and DW had the Lamb. No complaints.

Our show reservation this night was the Comedy Club.

2085283390080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

This show had me in tears. It was a show that can not be repeated. There was a deaf woman sitting in the front row. Her signer sat directly in front of her on the front edge of the stage. Of course, this is not the sort of thing a comedian can ignore. I don't know what was funnier....the comedian or the signer's facial expressions trying to communicate the comedian's words and sounds. It was all done in good taste and the signer and deaf woman were practically in tears from laughter, themselves.

Ok, this post will be some gripes.

First, the donut shop down on the Boardwalk is a great idea. However, we tried it at least 3 times during the cruise and never had a fresh donut. I don't know if it's because of the outside venue or what, but the donuts were always stale. Good thing they were free.

Next is a bigger gripe.....150 Central Park. Oct 11 was our anniversary and we thought we would have a good meal together. We checked the menus on the RCI website before the cruise and chose 150 Central Park due to the steak and Maine lobster. Even when embarking the ship, we were given a small booklet that had the restaurant menus. Again, it said the meal would be lobster and steak. When we got there, the menu came to us and there was no steak or lobster to be found. The main courses were salmon and lamb....two dishes I do not particularly care for. The waitress said they rotate between 4 seasonal menus. You could not avoid these dishes because it is not a menu you choose from. In this restaurant, you get what they bring you. You do not order from the menu. To make it worse, the appetizers were beer soup with popcorn floating in it, and some sort of pasta that even I could not stomach. 150 Central Park - Never again.

First Happy Anniversary!!

Paul your review is awesome!!! Love your pictures!

Sorry that your anniversary was not what you hoped it would be. Was this a $$ restaurant or free? Beer soup with popcorn...ROFL!! I hate restaurants that serve you with out a menu! What a dissappointment for you. What did Tina think about it?

Both DH and I have said we would not cruise Oasis because of its size.

After much thought, I think maybe we would, but probably as a b2b. Did you feel like you got to see and do everything in one week?

Thanks for a great review!! :) :)

First Happy Anniversary!!

Paul your review is awesome!!! Love your pictures!

Sorry that your anniversary was not what you hoped it would be. Was this a $$ restaurant or free? Beer soup with popcorn...ROFL!! I hate restaurants that serve you with out a menu! What a dissappointment for you. What did Tina think about it?

Both DH and I have said we would not cruise Oasis because of its size.

After much thought, I think maybe we would, but probably as a b2b. Did you feel like you got to see and do everything in one week?

Hi ACC!

150 is $35 per person. With those prices, I thought it would be the best. Tina wasn't too happy with it either.

We did get to do pretty much everything, but that's because we made it a point to do it. Plus, we did not get off in Nassau, and we only got off in St. Thomas and St. Martin for a short time. A B2B on this ship would be ideal, for sure.

Hi ACC!

150 is $35 per person. With those prices, I thought it would be the best. Tina wasn't too happy with it either.

We did get to do pretty much everything, but that's because we made it a point to do it. Plus, we did not get off in Nassau, and we only got off in St. Thomas and St. Martin for a short time. A B2B on this ship would be ideal, for sure.

WOW for sure having to pay for a meal you do like like is even worse!

sorry it turned out that way!

Hi ACC!

I really wish that RCI would drop Nassau for a night call in San Juan with the Oasis/Allure. The 7-1 time frame that we have for Nassau on the Allure in January is a joke. Doubt that we get off the ship this time.

Archived