Xmas cruise deal?

pennywaltz

So I have cruised once and went through a travel agency. I am going on my second one, trying to find a bargain.

Basically, I want to take my parents. So it will be my mom, my dad and me aka 3 people. I rather not share a room with them, since 7 days with them will drive me a bit crazy.

The second part is, My parents have a vacation (company shutdown) from Dec 23-Jan 2 (going back to work on the 3rd). I have something similar where it is Dec 24-Jan 2 (I can prob take 23rd off). We want to travel during that time period.

So I know airfare is expensive around that time and we all live in Connecticut. So far I found the only cruise is Norwegian out of NYC, leaving on Dec 25. I can't seem to find other cruises within that timeframe that is driving distance, wonder if anyone can suggest any? I checked Boston, and there is no cruises around that time. Next closest one was Baltimore.

I don't really care where we go, neither do the parents. As long as we go somewhere.

Since I want to book 2 rooms, what's the best way to approach this to get a bargain? Or is what listed on their website is what i should be paying (On the website I can't seem to figure out how to book 2 rooms, so I did a price quote for 1 room for my parents and than one room for me.)

Also, when should I book this for a good price?

I saw a lot of cruises leaving from FL, but airfare is like $500-600 on Orbitz RT to FL from Hartford. So I am assuming it's best to disembark in New England am I right on that?

If you can find a Christmas cruise with 2 cabins BOOK NOW!! The prices will only continue to go up - it is a VERY popular time to cruise. Have fun!

Thanks! if it shows that it's available on the the cruiseline website then there is still room right? or are they like airlines and hotels and they overbook people?

There are few cruises out of the Northeast in December because it is cold there.

There are no cheap fares over Year end because lots of people are off from work and school and want to take a cruise.

Finally, if you want a cabin to yourself be prepared to pay a high premium.

You would probably get the best quote by calling a travel agent or the cruiseline directly. It is going to cost you to cruise alone, however ... generally close to 200% of the listed fare for double occupancy. Unfortunately there aren't many ways to get find deals on holiday sailings ... they are in demand, so the prices stay high.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived