Cabins on The Valor (Aft View Balcony)

BcIcemen

I'm by no means an expert, having only sailed on one Conquest class ship. But . . . .

If you look on the deck plans, it shows that there are lounges, etc. under deck 6 and Lido, etc. over deck 8. For that reason, we chose deck 7 for our upcoming cruise. I figure if it is sandwiched between two other passenger cabins it will likely be quieter.

I'm sure those more experienced than I will chime in with their suggestions as well.

I havnt been on the Glory but 7447 is my cabin of choice on conquest ships (my very favourite is 7447 on the splendor but its an aft wrap on that ship and except for a one off treat to south america beyond my budget.I can but dream:))

What excatly is it that your wanting to know?

Empress deck (7) away from the lounges - although you should not get noise from that area since you are over the seating aarrea and away from the stage.

Empress deck (7) away from being under the pool and the chair scrapping noise.

Empress deck (7) up two decks for food/pools

down 2 decks for entertainment

We're a group of 5 couples on the Valor 11/14. All have booked the Empress aft cabins. I've upgraded to aft wrap 7445. We had 3 aft cabins in 2007 on the Valor and LOVED them. It's very quiet in the aft and you get your work out going down to the end! We can't wait for next month!

On our first Cruise my wife and I stayed in aft balcony room 7451 on Valor. We liked the aft balcony so much we reserved one for our second cruise as well (Legend). Also we liked the Empress deck because it is between two residential decks and quite quiet. It is easy to go up to Lido or down to the public decks.

The extended aft balcony is large enough to use two reclining deck chairs. It doesn't get much wind, but can be quite hot in direct sun. We were mesmerized watching the wake of the ship. You can see on both sides and it was fun to watch ports recede behind us. If you hang out on the rail of the balcony you can see other people above and below you if they are also at the rail. In some cases coming and going from port we talked with neighbors who were at their rails as well. There was plenty of privacy sitting in the chairs. In St. Maarten the Valor backed into port giving us an incredible view.

On our third cruise (Destiny in 13 days) we booked a regular balcony to be near another couple accompanying us. However, we plan to return aft in the future.

Archived