VH Category

olemissmarathoner

By booking a VH for a March 12 cruise, do I stand a really good chance of getting an obstructed view? Also how obstructed is the view? One last question I saw the rate on my balcony dropped, so I called the company I purchased through and they said to get that rate I have to pay in full. Its about a $300 difference should I take the price drop? Thanks for the feedback.

By booking a VH for a March 12 cruise, do I stand a really good chance of getting an obstructed view? Also how obstructed is the view? One last question I saw the rate on my balcony dropped, so I called the company I purchased through and they said to get that rate I have to pay in full. Its about a $300 difference should I take the price drop? Thanks for the feedback.

I need to know the name of the ship to help you as completely as I can.

Joanie

I will be on the Eurodam.

OK, Great news for you!! There are no Obstructed View VH's or any obstructed view staterooms in the V category on Eurodam:)

The only VH that will have a solid steel railing (you might consider that an obstruction) are VH 4001 through VH 4004 and VF 4005 through VF 4042 these staterooms have solid steel verandah railings instead of clear-view Plexiglas® railings.

All the other V's have Plexiglas so you can be sitting and enjoying the view straight out.

If you are concerned with the views looking out from any VH stateroom verandah, no worries there either. The only time you might have an obstructed view is looking at down and seeing the lifeboats/tenders below.

If you'd like you can go here and check things out. I have photos and descriptions of the staterooms, verandahs etc. from fellow Cruise Critic Members: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html

By the way, Welcome to Cruise Critic!!:)

Joanie

By booking a VH for a March 12 cruise, do I stand a really good chance of getting an obstructed view? Also how obstructed is the view?
The only obstruction is the steel-wall railing instead of plexiglas, but with a VH gty you stand an excellent chance of getting an upgrade anyway.

If you are concerned with the views looking out from any VH stateroom verandah, no worries there either. The only time you might have an obstructed view is looking at down and seeing the lifeboats/tenders below.
No tenders or lifeboats below the VH.

The only obstruction is the steel-wall railing instead of plexiglas, but with a VH gty you stand an excellent chance of getting an upgrade anyway.

No tenders or lifeboats below the VH.

Thanks John for clarifying:) I was not looking at the deck plans when I responded to her. Just looking at the railings:o But still good to know in case of an upgrade what could be located below them.

Joanie

I would do a VH GTY every time on a vista class or the Eurodam. I think they are pretty good value and your chances of an upgrade are pretty good with only 4 VH's. We did a VH GTY last fall and we ended up with a VC, very happy!

Archived