My Inspirations 10/14 review

audi02

Hi ladies,

I got so much information from just trolling these boards, that I thought it would only be fair for me to share with all the future brides out there. So I'm here to answer any questions. And my first advice is to relax, Carnival takes care of everything. I was so stressed, but it was amazing. They are great on the day of.

Ok, I arrived at the Tampa port late (my family is always late). The wedding coordinators were waiting and I thought I was in trouble. But they were very nice and just rushed me in. Check in was easy, and they didn't ever check our bags for contraband or count our carry ons. They just put us in line and moved quickly through. I had stressed about how I was going to get everything on, but no one gave us any trouble about anything. All my wedding guest were waiting in the VIP waiting area (looking bored, so plan on major down time for them). Since I was late, everyone saw me. I didn't care though because I was in a hurry.

First, they sent all guest to the Lido deck. Even non-sailing guest were ushered to that area and given a time to meet up for the wedding. It was a little weird, because the coordinators are just shouting directions at all the wedding guest. It was confusing, but worked out fine. Then, they took us to the ceremony sight and had a rehearsal. The coordinators take over and tell people what to do. I was thrilled about that, because I was sick of being in charge and thinking about what to do. It took a lot of stress off me. My party said they were bossy, but I needed them to take charge and keep things moving well. They knew exactly what they were doing and asked me if things were ok the whole time.

Next, we were sent to my room to get ready. There was plenty of room for us to get ready. But not a lot of time. Do not plan on doing your hair or make-up on the ship. The photographer comes to the room and does a few shots. I thought I wasn't going to be impressed when he was taking them, but I loved all of them (I'll talk more about that later). The coordinator sent the bridesmaids up early and then comes to get you at your room.

The ceremony was nice. They set it up with chairs like a church, so that important family members could be sat in front rows. There was an aisle runner for me to walk on, and two big pillars waiting for us to stand between at the end of the aisle. It was pretty. The coordinator had organized the wedding party and told everyone where to stand.

When the ceremony was over, people were told to move to the reception room while we took pictures. It was quick, just make sure you know which ones you want before hand. The photographer asked who I wanted pictures with and I didn't really know.

The coordinators take care of moving all your stuff/flowers and anything else you leave in the room. But all guest need to pick up their own bags and move with them. Alot of mine had carry-ons that they had to drag around. It was kind of pain for them.

Then everyone is in the disco area waiting for the reception. We had about 50 people sailing with us. They open the doors and take you right to the cake for cake cutting. We made a cd of all our music and they just let it play for the reception. The food is amazing and the ice sculture looked nice. The bar is completely open and easy to get drinks from. The coordinator kept bringing me drinks, so I never had to go up to it. Actually, I had too much, because I didn't eat anything before the wedding. Champagne on an empty stomach make for a really drunk bride. I ran around the ship in my wedding dress telling all the strangers that I was just married, not the classiest bride.

The reception went so quick. It was alot of fun and very organized. I would suggest figuring out your tips ahead of time. My family was going to take care of it, but it got so confusing to me. I couldn't tell who all was working the event, or what their job was. I'm still not sure I tipped everyone. I was drinking and confused. There were alot of servers walking around. There was some guy directing the cake cutting. Some woman was our reception host. Plust the dj, the bartenders, the wedding coordinators, the officiant. I was just so confused. Our officiant was kinda the director of everything, so I just asked her who to tip. She really kept everything organized and was awesome.

So after the wedding, they had the drill and then party on the ship deck. Like I said earlier, I was pretty drunk and being the not so classy bride on the deck. But whatever, it was fun. Then....it is time to do what ever you want.

My bridesmaids went back to the room and passed out welcome bags to everyones rooms and put signs on the doors. I would really suggest this. All my guest used their bags for the whole cruise. I was suprised how useful they were. They were drawstring backpacks that I found pretty cheap on line. Every guest used them all weekend. Also, you should make signs...it is so hard to find your door numbers. I found my friends and family's rooms so much more easily with the big signs.

In the bags I put underwater cameras, koozies (everyone loved them), pens, post its, tylenol, antacid, bug repellant, cups, straws, gum, antibacterial lotion, high lighters, dramamine. I would say the koozies and medications seem to get the most use if you are on a budget. Also, a welcome letter that had all the guest room names and numbers were in the bags. This helped people be able to call rooms, because it was so hard walk around and find people. My husband and I kept circling and missing each other one day. It took two hours to find each. I saw families with walkie talkies to find each other on the ship. It was the best idea, and I will bring some on the next cruise. Would have been worth it.

As for pictures and video, I purchase way more than I thougt I would. The photos were so much better than I thought they would be. The smallest package was $500. But you could buy them individually if you wanted. The only way to get the cd with the negatives was to buy a package. I ended up buying the $1000 package because it came with a cd that was put to music and high lighted the whole wedding. I cried watching it with the photographer. They really suckered me in, because I had planned on only buying a few pictures. But I don't regret it at all because they are so good.

The photographer will leave a note for you in your room about an appointment time to view your pictures the last day. He left it the night before. The only problem is that it is was in the middle of the day for the appointment, and I had been drinking by the pool all day. Maybe that is why I was emotional and ready to buy. But it really turned out well.

The video guy was a little less organized. He kept trying to get in touch with us, but would miss us. He never gave us an appointment time, just told us to call him. We didn't even end up doing the interview part because we couldn't meet up before or after the wedding. I finally met with him the last night to view it. It was nice, and I'm glad I have it. But I was actually most choked up by the video they photographer did.

So in the end...

Pros: Very organized and less stressful than I thought it was going to be. The decor was great, food was beautiful, cake delicious, drinks amazing, staff great. So much fun. Every detail was taken care of. I wish I hadn't done so much before wedding, because they had already taken care of every decor or detail. Anything I did was almost wasted compared to theirs (I could have saved time and money by not doing anything).

Cons: Hated the group cruise customer service. I will never do a group cruise again. Probably would have been cheaper for all my guest to find price drops on trave site. They didn't even give us all the ameninities promised. We had a death 1 week before cruise, and they wouldn't reimburse us or do anything since so close to cruise. Definately the worst experience of wedding. The other negative is the party atmosphere on boat. That was strange for older guest. Not the most family friendly environment, but not as bad I thought it would be. But snobby family might get offended.

So any questions? I would love to help out. I know I was stressed and confused about how it would all come together. But I promise they have it under control. It was strange how efficient they were. You really don't need to do anything but show up all pretty :)

Thank you thank you! Which ship were you on? I am sailing out of Tampa on the Legend . . . getting married January 2. It's getting closer!

What hotel did you stay at? Did you have your hair/makeup people come to the hotel? Did your hotel provide shuttle?

I got married on the Inspiration. It was great. We stayed at Embassy Suites in Brando, the closer one was booked up. No shuttle because it wasn't the close hotel, but it was only 15 minutes away. My hair and make-up were done by a friend that morning. Make sure you do it before the ship. There isn't that much time if you attend the rehearsal.

Feel free to ask anything.

I got married on the Inspiration. It was great. We stayed at Embassy Suites in Brando, the closer one was booked up. No shuttle because it wasn't the close hotel, but it was only 15 minutes away. My hair and make-up were done by a friend that morning. Make sure you do it before the ship. There isn't that much time if you attend the rehearsal.

Feel free to ask anything.

did you use carnivals bridle bouquet or did you bring your own on board. I wanted to bring my own but I am not sure about:confused: carnival policy of flowers

So in the end...

The other negative is the party atmosphere on boat. That was strange for older guest. Not the most family friendly environment, but not as bad I thought it would be. But snobby family might get offended.

:)

Congratulations!:)

Could you please explain this better...?(the party atmosphere)I never cruised with Carnival before, only Royal Caribbean, so I'm worried with what to expect if i decide to do my vow renewall aboard carnival ship...:rolleyes: Thank You!

did you use carnivals bridle bouquet or did you bring your own on board. I wanted to bring my own but I am not sure about:confused: carnival policy of flowers

I am getting married aboard the Carnival Legend in January, and I am using their flowers. It is my understanding you can take your own if you use silk, but cannot take "real" flowers aboard. I really wanted real flowers so I needed to order through TWE.

Archived