What is your favorite MDR appetizer or entree?

ramby

My fav appy--ESCARGOT! (beef/veal tortellini thing is close second)

DH's--scallops & corn risotto

My fav entree--3 cheese pasta

DH's fav--Chorizo pasta

(this is wild cuz we are NOT huge pasta people!)

I was much happier w/ RCCL's desserts than Princess

fav dessert--SF coconut cake (I think they called it pina colada) OR banana nut parfait (which is NOT in a parfait glass, but a wedge) OR pina colada tart

DH's--he can't remember...(GEE we just got off the ship Sunday!!!)

I was mostly unimpressed with the dessert selections, but the key lime pie was delicious. Does anyone know what night that is served? I think it was on formal night, but I'm not sure. I don't want to miss that yummy pie next time.

It is on night 7, along with the banana crunch parfait, which I've seen a picture of, it's not a parfait, looks more like a slice of cake. Here are the MDR menus. I'm trying not to miss one meal in the MDR!

RCCL MDR Menus.pdf

Here is the picture of the Vidalia Onion Tart I had on LOS.

Vidalia Onion Tart

Personally, I like the lamb shank the best.

Lamb Shank

Thanks for the pictures FW2020! Now I have a picture in my mind. The tart looks delicious. For some reason, I pictured it as a round individual tart ... don't know why, don't care ....LOL

Lamb shanks are my favorite, did you find it tender (fall off the bone)? What kind of sauce was it served with?

Lamb shanks are my favorite, did you find it tender (fall off the bone)? What kind of sauce was it served with?

The lamb shank is my favorite entree! The sauce is a red wine reduction with rosemary and yes, it is fall off the bone tender. The one time we had early seating, it didn't seem to be as tender...not sure, but maybe it needed the extra 2 hours of simmering.

This is really the only entree for me that stands out as excellent. Definitely try it!

• 2 weeks later...
The lamb shank is my favorite entree! The sauce is a red wine reduction with rosemary and yes, it is fall off the bone tender. The one time we had early seating, it didn't seem to be as tender...not sure, but maybe it needed the extra 2 hours of simmering.

This is really the only entree for me that stands out as excellent. Definitely try it!

Ugh, ever since you told me this debmarie, I've been thinking about a chewy lamb shank :(

Hope that's not the case for us, as we do have the early seating (Traditional dining) and lamb shanks are our favorite!

RCI - pls ensure your lamb shanks are nice and tender for the 6pm seating! :D:D

Definitely the cream of garlic soup! Ordered two of them and did not feel one iota of guilt! And, on our first cruise, we had the most delicious warm chocolate and banana strudel (sp?) that we have not been able to find again. And I seventeenth the vote for the Vidalia Onion tart--that thing was scrumptious!

Archived