Six months to go....

Laura_scxx

Hello everyone.

It it was 6 months yesterday until the big day, and after going on a ship visit of Independence on Friday, I feel everything is falling into place....so exciting. Most guests have now booked, and we are looking at about 64 maybe a few extra to add on.

I cannot wait for everyone to see the ship, I know they will all love it!

I think most of my worries have been sorted now we have been onboard.

Does anyone know of any mobile hairdressers in Southampton?

Xx

the victory was great! we loved it!

so far so good. working on addressing/sending out the invitations now. i've been procrastinating on ordering my dress (which i know i need to do soon!) still have to book flights. other than that just mostly details need to be taken care of!

the only bad part is waiting for people to book the cruise! right now we have 8 booked (including ourselves). it's nerve-wracking waiting to see who's cruising, who's coming onboard for the ceremony/reception, who isn't. i have the rsvp by date of march 1st...so at least i'll know by then!

time is going quick though, that's for sure!

Glad things are coming along. Definitely have an RSVP date, I going a lot of guests left booking until as late as possible, and if we had not set a date for people to book by, we would still be waiting now.

We have a final count now, which is nice, as you can start planning all the other wedding details.

Luckily we are only 45 mins from Southampton, so most people will be driving there on the morning, although i am going to stay overnight locally, so I can have a bit more 'me' time in the morning.

Xx

i have march 1st as the rsvp by deadline (2 months prior to the wedding). i figure most people should by by then one way or another (since all the travel arrangements will need to be made).

it worked out well, because they're also holding the block of rooms at the hotel in port canaveral for guests up until that date (he found a hotel that has a FREE shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port that morning!). thinking all guests (sailing & non) will be staying at the same hotel as us the night before the cruise (since most will be traveling from pittsburgh).

i've researched a restraunt about a mile from the hotel that has both inside & outside seating on the water...so the plan is to get everyone together for dinner & drinks the night before the cruise (prewedding celebration?) they also have live bands on friday nights (which will be the day of the week we'll be there). so i'm keeping me fingers crossed all goes as planned with that!

Yes, I'm also procrastinating!! I went and "looked" at dress a few weeks ago at Davids and my consultant was horrible, wasn't getting the "beach" wedding look i'm going for. I found a few online that I like, but am a little skeptical about ordering online??

I've given my guests the deadline my TA gave for our group cruise booking. I'm going to go by those numbers to give the WC, even though they do have until March 1 so actually sail with us.

We are getting married on-island in St. Thomas so most of the "normal" wedding details I feel good about not having to think about...mainly lots of menu/reception type details!! So far it seems a little less stressful...

I agree, I don't feel stressed about it yet. I know I have lots of little things to do, but it will be sorted.

We have put in a request for the ceremony location, as we have 60+ we will be in a lounge, luckily, we went onboard and loved the location. We will hopefully be having lunch in the main dining room, that just needs to be confirmed too.

We have a few other things planned for the cruise, like a private cocktail party etc, but it is just getting everything confirmed and organised.

I have ordered my dress, but that is about all I have got for the wedding.

Am trying to decide what to do with my hair, as it will have to be done, early in the morning, and need it to stay all day.

Xx

Archived