Looking to cruise with baby - do we have to pay for baby?

Asorrell

If this is your lead... "This will sound harsh, but..."

It's probably better to rethink posting that thought!

I disagree, it was basically her way of posting "truth hurts, but here it is."

I also agree with her and will take it one step further - I think airlines should do away with lap babies and require parents to bring car seats for the infant. It is much safe for all concerned especially the infant. But airlines are a different topic for a different board. But I'm astounded at how many of the ports thread have a parent asking about car seats and cabs.

I also agree with her and will take it one step further - I think airlines should do away with lap babies and require parents to bring car seats for the infant. It is much safe for all concerned especially the infant. But airlines are a different topic for a different board. But I'm astounded at how many of the ports thread have a parent asking about car seats and cabs.

I agree saving money by flying with a lap child is foolish.

Congratulations on your new little one! I was just on a cruise last week with my three children; my youngest is 2. We had two adjoining rooms, so she was the third person in the kids' room (in a Pack and Play). As the third person, we paid about $100 or so less for her. However, the booking agent explained how it was cheaper to get two basic adjoining cabins than to go for a larger suite that could accommodate the entire family. In that case, the toddler would have been full fare--and all five of us charged at a much higher "suite" rate than the cheap inside cabin rate. If you get a basic cabin, then you'll save a little money on the baby as the third person. In all, we thought it was a very reasonable vacation.

Thanks for your posts everyone, now i have had time to think about it i can see why they do it, and can understand it (although i still dont like it :p)

We will just have to get the best deal possible...

Thanks all x

Thanks for your posts everyone, now i have had time to think about it i can see why they do it, and can understand it (although i still dont like it :p)

We will just have to get the best deal possible...

Thanks all x

As one of the other posters mentioned there are cruislines out there that allow babies to sail for free. It will be worth your time to ask a travel agent to looking into finding which of the cruiselines offers this.

Congratulations on becoming a new mother.

Archived