"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I am happy to bring you another of my “LIVE” Cruise Reports.

Tomorrow morning, I will be driving down to Cruise Maryland at the Port of Baltimore for my “LIVE” from the Enchantment of the Seas trip reports.

The forecast for tomorrow is calling for showers in the morning, and rain all day. . . Oh well. . . A rainy day on a Cruise Ship is better than a sunny day at work.

At least we will be heading down to the Caribbean for a 9 night cruise that should bring us warmer weather.

It appears that Tropical Depression Tomas may have an affect on Enchantment of the Seas. Tomas is currently SSE of Jamaica, and will be heading NE over the Turks and Caicos that may cause an altered Itinerary.

We are scheduled to be in San Juan, PR by 2PM on Sunday.

TD Tomas was a Tropical storm Yesterday. . .who knows what it may be tomorrow.

Many of you have sailed with me several times, but there are always new Cruise Critic members who have never experienced one of my “LIVE” Reports. I will try to bring you daily comments about the Public Areas, Dining, Activities, and Ports. I will also be posting many photos daily of all of the above named items (pending a valid wireless connection) There are many WiFi Hot spots located around Enchantment of the Seas, and my plan is to post many photos several times per day.(as long as the signal bandwidth will cooperate)

We will be at sea all day Friday and Saturday, and it will get warmer every day as we head south. I am really looking forward to our stops in Saint Thomas, USVI and Labadee.

This will also be the first time I have been to Samana, DR. I was in La Romana DR several years ago on Millennium- but Samana, Dominican Republic is a Tender Port.

Sit back, relax and be ready to enjoy this 9 Night Cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. This should be a relaxing and fun Cruise !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

NN14.jpg

Image Courtesy of ©2010 Maryland Port Administration

Wed 2PM Forecast - 11/3/10 

TOMAS18.jpg

Image Courtesy of NOAA

Our planned Itinerary

EN3.JPG

Hey there!

Had a panic attack this morning! lol Thought you set sail TODAY and couldnt find your thread. I know you know this!

With approx 46 days to go until we sail I am greatly looking fwd to sailing along with you on Enchantment. (a new ship for me!).

Thanks for taking the time, its huge, I know!!

CD.NJ

Radio :D

Your timing is impeccable! Your LIVE report will take me right up until the day I set sail on the Freedom :)

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks for once again sharing your cruise vacation with us!!!!

Can't wait for another live from Radio. Your cruise is going to the same places as my cruise is next month, only difference is we are on the Explorer. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Ports, especially Samana, DR.

Thanks, we will be meeting with Explorer of the Seas while in Labadee/ That is our last port next Wednesday. It will be the 1st port for Explorer.

It will be nice to see 2 ships docked in Labadee at the same time. . .

Radio

;)

Hi, Radio, Can't wait for your reports,since we'll be departing on Enchantment two weeks from tomorrow and I'm wondering what it will be like to cruise from Baltimore in the late fall. Hope Tomas doesn't affect your trip adversely. Happy sailing!

Wishing you a wonderful cruise! I always tune in to your live reports, but this time I will also be sailing! I look forward to reading your trip report when I get home next weekend. Hoping for smooth sailings for us both!

Uh Oh. . . . It seems that it has now changed into Tropical Storm Tomas. . . We will be sailing right through the path during our sea day on Saturday. . . Oooops

We will wait and see what happens. . . Itinerary change ? Port changes ? Maybe the storm will die off. . .

Enchantment of the Seas is just 13 hrs away from Cruise Maryland.

We will see what tomorrow brings. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5 PM Update / 11-03-10

TOMAS20.jpg

Radio :D

Your timing is impeccable! Your LIVE report will take me right up until the day I set sail on the Freedom :)

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks for once again sharing your cruise vacation with us!!!!

Robyn,

one of the people I work out with every day is sailing on Freedom with you! I should have gotten you his info...but if you run into someone named Pete from Syracuse...that's the guy! If you go to the gym any day at 6 AM ( yeah, right...this is a cruise!), he'll be there.

Hope all is well.

Radio- sorry to hijack your thread- I have really enjoyed all of the previous Live threads...and look forward to this one!

I now return you to your normal programming.

Hi Radio! My daughter asked me to take her on this exact cruise for her 16th birthday in August. It will be just the two of us. We are both so excited and I will be sharing your report with her daily so she can see what's in store for us. Thanks again!

Thanks, we will be meeting with Explorer of the Seas while in Labadee/ That is our last port next Wednesday. It will be the 1st port for Explorer.

It will be nice to see 2 ships docked in Labadee at the same time. . .

Radio

;)

We will be leaving on the Explorer on Sunday and will be with you in Labadee if all goes well and we don't get our itinerary changed because of Tomas. Looking forward to your live reports until Sat. Our next cruise is on the Enchantment next March. Our first time on her.

Catch you in Labadee! (hopefully)

Gwen :)

Radio, I can't wait to read your latest adventure. In 3 weeks we'll be sailing on the Enchantment and love how you post everything.

We followed you by a couple of months after you did the Glory sailing and found out so much info from your postings.

Robyn,

one of the people I work out with every day is sailing on Freedom with you! I should have gotten you his info...but if you run into someone named Pete from Syracuse...that's the guy! If you go to the gym any day at 6 AM ( yeah, right...this is a cruise!), he'll be there.

Hope all is well.

Radio- sorry to hijack your thread- I have really enjoyed all of the previous Live threads...and look forward to this one!

I now return you to your normal programming.

Hi Jim :)

I can pretty much guarantee that I will be nowhere near the gym......especially not at 6 AM!!!

If your friend wants to find me, he can check all the deck chairs and the one with a permanent mold of my butt is mine!!! :p

Archived