"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

Yeah, Radio!!! I always look so forward to your "Live" posts. It really is such a highlight for me...and since I don't cruise again for awhile, I like to live thru you so to speak!! I always so enjoy reading and seeing your great pictures, and seeing how the Enchantment is in Baltimore now--a fairly short ride for us - only a few hours, I actually have considered a cruise on her. I am anxious to hear of your review. Since we so enjoy the big ships, I am afraid sailing on such a smaller ship will be a let down but then again, I believe each ship is unique with plenty to offer. Have a great time and give us lots of details and pics and thanks again so much for taking such time to do this for us. It means alot. :)

Radio, so looking forward to your "Live from the Enchantment"

we sailed her twice before she was stretched...looking forward to your pictures...

also looking forward to all the details of 2 ships in Labadee at the same time as we are going to be there on the Explorer with another ship...curious about getting on and off the ship with that many people...

have a great time...

Based on our most recent cruise on Enchantment, she should have just passed over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and be making her way up the bay about now. We most reluctantly disembarked from her last Saturday. We crossed over the tunnel at about 10:25PM, on Friday night. If you go up to the elevator lobby on deck 10, you can look out both sides of the ships and see the lights on both sides as you pass.

Radio...you must be catching a few last winks in your own bed about now. We had the pleasure of cruising with you back in January, on Mercury, and wish we were with you again, on Enchantment. We look forward to reliving our cruise through the lens of your camera. Hope that Tomas does not cause you much trouble. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and monitoring your thread. Have a great one!;):D

Uh Oh. . . . It appears that Labadee will get hit very hard. . .

This should be an interesting cruise !

Hm m m. . . will we be doing the Western Caribbean instead ?

I hope to find out later today !

Radio

;);)

5 AM Update Nov 4, 2010

TOMAS24.jpg

Yay! Tuning in once again to another LIVE report. Can't wait! Wish I was sailing with you again! Heck, I'm sure the whole "Bermuda bunch" wishes so, too! Enjoy your cruise!

Fair winds and following seas!

Nancy

Yay! Tuning in once again to another LIVE report. Can't wait! Wish I was sailing with you again! Heck, I'm sure the whole "Bermuda bunch" wishes so, too! Enjoy your cruise!

Fair winds and following seas!

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. . . I wish you and the " Bermuda Bunch" were sailing with me too. . . This should be a fun, and "interesting" Cruise. . .

It is raining hard, and I will be heading to Cruise Maryland by around 10:30 -11AM. . . .

Radio

;);)

I've had this day tagged so I could make sure I followed your blog! Here is wishing for safe and calm waters during your cruise. I normally sail out of Florida but have also sailed out of NJ and NY. I've sailed out of Baltimore twice - it's the closest and easiest for me, and I'm always looking for new info on the ships that leave from MD. As always, can't wait to see all your pictures and read about the experiences. I'm so jealous - my next cruise isn't until next May. Until then, I will live vicariously through you :)

You Star!!!

When I was looking into booking the Enchantment I went to your webpage to see if there were any recent trips by you. As I don’t sail on her until next Feb ‘m more thanhappy to see you on her now!

Thanks and I’m looking forward to your updates!

You Star!!!

When I was looking into booking the Enchantment I went to your webpage to see if there were any recent trips by you. As I don’t sail on her until next Feb ‘m more thanhappy to see you on her now!

Thanks and I’m looking forward to your updates!

Thanks Mike. .

I actually was on Enchantment back in 2005 when the Ship was docked in Philadelphia. It was a 1 night CTN just after she was stretched. . .

I toured Enchantment of the Seas a couple of months ago while she was docked in Baltimore. . .

The forecast is calling for rain for each port this week. . .:eek:

I might be taking my umbrella when I board today. . .

I will be leaving soon for the port !:)

Radio

;);)

Samana.....if you don't already have a tour booked, I would suggest you get one. A couple of cruisers were robbed going into town on their own. There was not much right in town.

We have cruised on Enchantment five or six times......great ship! Some problems with ac, but all in all nice smaller ship with great staff! If you meet Rosa(guest services), tell her cruisng grandma sends her a hug!

Hope you have no problems from Tomas!

I decided to pull up the deck plans for Enchantment since I have never been! Cant wait until we can go on a smaller ship. Altho with a trampoline, my kids might enjoy enchantment...maybe! Looks like Schooner looks out ONTO the ocean....realy nice. Cant wait to sail along.

Our cruise in Decem stops at Samana, we're NOT getting off! :eek: This will be the first time we dont get off a ship, ever. There was one possible tour we're contemplating (NOT Levantado as it seems that is what the majority does).

BonVoyage.gif

Samana.....if you don't already have a tour booked, I would suggest you get one. A couple of cruisers were robbed going into town on their own. There was not much right in town.

We have cruised on Enchantment five or six times......great ship! Some problems with ac, but all in all nice smaller ship with great staff! If you meet Rosa(guest services), tell her cruisng grandma sends her a hug!

Hope you have no problems from Tomas!

Thanks for the tips ! :)

Radio

;);)

I decided to pull up the deck plans for Enchantment since I have never been! Cant wait until we can go on a smaller ship. Altho with a trampoline, my kids might enjoy enchantment...maybe! Looks like Schooner looks out ONTO the ocean....realy nice. Cant wait to sail along.

Our cruise in Decem stops at Samana, we're NOT getting off! :eek: This will be the first time we dont get off a ship, ever. There was one possible tour we're contemplating (NOT Levantado as it seems that is what the majority does).

Thanks Stacey. . . At this point, I'm not sure where we will go !

Maybe we will stay on the same itinerary or maybe not ?

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fury1995...and we got a shorter cruise! You must have been on the Bermuda run on Grandeur, in September, 2005. Ophelia was sitting off Cape Hatteras and not moving. You had to wait till she passed so you could cut behind her and get Grandeur back to Baltimore, for us to board. Your 5 day cruise became 6 days and our 9 day trip was shortened to 8. We also ran into Rita on that cruise.:eek: 2005 was the year they ran out of alphabet and had to use a few Greek letters to finish out the year. Let's hope that Radio does not run into any big problems.;)

Fury1995...and we got a shorter cruise! You must have been on the Bermuda run on Grandeur, in September, 2005. Ophelia was sitting off Cape Hatteras and not moving. You had to wait till she passed so you could cut behind her and get Grandeur back to Baltimore, for us to board. Your 5 day cruise became 6 days and our 9 day trip was shortened to 8. We also ran into Rita on that cruise.:eek: 2005 was the year they ran out of alphabet and had to use a few Greek letters to finish out the year. Let's hope that Radio does not run into any big problems.;)

Yeah, that was the one. We got back to Baltimore around noon the day after you were to supposed to embark. An extra sea day and an open bar if memory serves me. :)

As we left a day late, we missed Nassau, the first port. By the time we got close, Key West had been closed due to the approach of Rita. We cruised on past and proceeded directly to Cozumel. We got some extra time there and headed back to Key West on the flip. However, the port had not reopened after Rita by the time we got there so we cruised on to Port Canaveral. Our 9 day western Caribbean cruise was shortened to 8 days and we had only two stops: Cozumel and Port Canaveral!:eek: Lousy itinerary but, thankfully, we did not encounter any rough seas and still had a wonderful time. When ya cruise, ya gotta go with the flow!:D

Archived