HMC weather in January

SwingChickie

I'd love to hear from anyone who's been to HMC in January... what were the temps like when you were there? my BF and i will be there right at the beginning of 2010, and a few websites are saying the temps there are only in the 60s-70s at that time of year. is it really that cool? i'm wondering if we even need to rent a clamshell then as we probably wouldn't need the cover from the sun... and it might be too cold to go in the water?

We were there January 08 and it was sunny and in the 80's. I don't normally go in the water, but it was hot enough for me to go in! I don't think we needed a clamshell, but we sure did in 07 when we were there in April. HOT! I love HMC. Best island ever.

There is shade on the island...you really don't need to pay for a clamshell to get out of the sun. Should it be in the upper 60's or low 70's, it's perfect for sunning....no need to get wet, since it's not too hot! If it does get too hot for you, you don't have to spend the entire day on the beach..the ship is always there and you can come and go at will.

No matter what the temps, use sunscreen!

Archived