Vantage River Explorer cabin categories

lhall85917

From what I can see on the Vantage website, suite cabins and A1 and A2 have twin beds that can be made into doubles, all of the other categories just mention twin beds. Does anyone know anything about these categories and is this correct - do B level and below only stay as twin beds?

Any other info on Vantage would be helpful - we are looking at Castles along the Rhine and Danube.

We got off the Castles along the Rhine cruise in June. We were in an A1 cabin. It is the same size as the B cabins, but has twins made up as Queen size. The biggest point was it had a French Balcony. The B cabins and below have twin beds that are swung up out of the way during the day.

The A2 cabins are aft right outside the dining room, and tend to be noisier with people lining up in the hallway.

The story and pictures of our cruise are on our website. http://www.stevekathytravels.com

If you have any questions we would be happy to answer them.

From what I can see on the Vantage website, suite cabins and A1 and A2 have twin beds that can be made into doubles, all of the other categories just mention twin beds. Does anyone know anything about these categories and is this correct - do B level and below only stay as twin beds?

Any other info on Vantage would be helpful - we are looking at Castles along the Rhine and Danube.

We did Castles on the R & D a couple of years ago on the River Odyssey. We were in category A-1 which is basically cabins 400, 410 to 423. A-2 was on the same deck but cabins 423& 424 because they are adjacent to the dining room. We were in 412, which was perfect. It's true that just before dinner time the hall gets noisy but it wasn't a problem in the morning because every one comes at a different time, and of course, we were usually up getting ready for breakfast and morning tours anyway. I believe b level cabins are not able to be put together because they convert to sitting during the day. But to be very honest, I have not been in one personally, this is based on what friends who stayed in B level told me. I will say that our friends were very satisfied with the B level cabins and have booked them on our other trips as well. I like the french balcony, which is NOT available on any but the top deck. It's a matter of choice and what you're willing to pay extra for. You will not notice ANY difference in your cabin level as far as the rest of the trip is concerned. This is a wonderful trip, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, and we're about to go on our 4th trip with Vantage and have the 5th one almost scheduled.:)

Thank you both, that is very helpful. I know we can't share TA info on here, but if anyone knows a good place to book Vantage cruises with a discount, please email me - lhall85917 at gmail.com I've found discounters for some of the other lines but not Vantage.

Thank you both, that is very helpful. I know we can't share TA info on here, but if anyone knows a good place to book Vantage cruises with a discount, please email me - lhall85917 at gmail.com I've found discounters for some of the other lines but not Vantage.

We've been on both the Amsterdam-Budapest and the Holland/Belgium river cruises with Vantage and both are wonderful, staff outstanding and of course, scenery fantastic. Stayed in B both times. Beds fold down from wall but you will not believe how comfortable they are. They fold back up along the wall during the day unless you want to take a nap (they will put them down for you. It's easy too, if you want to do it yourself.) I'll take these beds over the cruiseline beds any day. Our friends stayed in a higher level suite and were somewhat disappointed at the size. I think they liked coming down to our cabin and sharing the table by the window for a cocktail rather than having us up at their room. You'll probably get your best deal directly with Vantage as they don't work thru travel agents (no profit for TA agents). Supposedly you get some percentage less when compared to other river cruises. Check out two or three as we did, line by line, exactly what they give you and you may be surprised that you get a bit more with Vantage (e.g., luncheons/dinner at local restaurant or two instead of all meals on board ship). We've also taken two land tours with V. (Lakes of Italy and Slovenia/Croatia). Both were great and especially the Croatia trip. You will have a wonderful time no matter what you choose.

Archived