Is Celebrity changing direction?

lysolqn

There are certain times you go to CERTAIN places.......friends went to Alaska in August and saw NOTHING b/c it was very foggy the whole trip......doesnt matter what line you are on, and you dont do Carrib during hurricane season..... !!! You will get great prices and you may luck out!!!! It is luck of the draw. As I said..........CHANGE is good, and Celeb needed change - new itineraries/destinations.

[quote name='doree']There are certain times you go to CERTAIN places.......friends went to Alaska in August and saw NOTHING b/c it was very foggy the whole trip......doesnt matter what line you are on, and you dont do Carrib during hurricane season..... !!! You will get great prices and you may luck out!!!! It is luck of the draw. As I said..........CHANGE is good, and Celeb needed change - new itineraries/destinations.[/QUOTE]

So you are basing your no Alaska in August on your friends single trip. I've been to Alaska 4 times in August and had good weather each time. I've also been there in May, June and September. You never really know for sure what you'll get in Alaska, but August was as good as any other time. Did you look at the pictures from our cruise last August 29 back on the last page of this thread? That's my cousin out on her balcony on the Inside Passage with shorts and a halter top. We had one day of rain. There's always a little rain. I've never seen any fog in 7 cruises.

I hope the tone of this thread is not turning mean:(. Up until this point it had been interesting reading.

There will always be people who sail the Caribbean during Hurricane Season. If not on X, then on A, B, or C Cruiseline. But people sail the Caribbean 12 months a year.

And there will always be people who do Alaska in In the late summer as well.
Same scenerio.

Just an observation. Back to your regularly scheduled program now;)

You know........it is a luck of the draw WHEREVER you go as far as weather!!!!! Mex Riv was not as warm as we would have liked it in Jan, but we had fun!!!! JMHO!!!!!!!! I have got ALOT of GREAT advise off of this site and I am certainly not trying to "stir up trouble", Ma Bell!

[quote name='doree']You know........it is a luck of the draw WHEREVER you go as far as weather!!!!! Mex Riv was not as warm as we would have liked it in Jan, but we had fun!!!! JMHO!!!!!!!! I have got ALOT of GREAT advise off of this site and I am certainly not trying to "stir up trouble", Ma Bell![/QUOTE]

I never said you were trying to stir up trouble.:confused: Why is that in quotation marks? I just disagree about Alaska and since I've been there a lot I thought the people who have booked cruises in August would like to hear that my experience has been good. I think Lois wondered about the capital letters you used when telling everyone where they should and should not go. Maybe you're not aware that using capitals online is equivalent to shouting. It may sound silly, but your use of punctuation and the capital letters make it seem as if you are very aggressive in your response.

Archived