outstanding customer service

My husband and I booked a cruise for October 9, 2010 on Radiance of the Seas. It was our first vacation ever without kids, 22 years. We did not purchase insurance because nothing was going to stop us. Unfortunately my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer 5 weeks before we were to leave. Everything was going well until she unexpectedly passed away 4 days before departure. I called RCCL to cancel, only to give up our cabin, not expecting anything. I was told to send a copy of the death certificate.

I just received a call from customer service and they are refunding our entire cruise!!!!!

This was totally unexpected and why we have been so loyal to royal.

Now I am going to start planning a cruise for next summer.

Having lost my mother to lung cancer a few years ago, I know what a difficult time you had dealing with this awful disease. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. We, too, have had RCCL come through for us in a similar situation. It is good to see a something positive with such an upsetting situation.

Please accept my deepest condolences and also a big thank you for posting something positive.

RCI was very, very kind to us a couple of years ago when my DH became ill on a cruise. They do care and it's great to be able to show the whiners here that there is a reason for our loyalty.

Archived