Vaccinations?

joannas

A thought has somewhat belatedly crossed our minds - do we need any injections prior to our Seadream cruise? It is something that just didn't register with me before and I hope there's nothing too crucial that we have missed as we only have 4 weeks to go

does anyone know?

Thank you kind and experienced cruisers lol

smiles

Joanna

Never had to have one. All of the islands they visit are pretty safe for visitors. We've done 2 in the Carib, 2 in the Med and will be on SD2 in January and I've never even thought about that issue! I'm sure you will have a great cruise! Looking forward to your report on how you liked Sea Dream.

Have not had any special ones either in the Med or the Caribbean. I would of course recommend that your flu shot and tetnus shots are up to date, but I would do that even if you were not taking a vacation.

and you may want to check re the hepatitis A shot with your health care provider if you haven't already received it.

And then I stay on the boat! ;)

DH and I both had the Hepatitis A/B combo shot a couple of years back, just as a precaution (not only for our upcoming SD Caribbean cruise at the time but also to protect ourselves in general).

We also keep up with our annual flu shots since we're often in close proximity to other travelers and passengers.

Jody

thank you so much everyone - I suppose we better consult the doc about the HepA thing ..... drat hate injections - we are 100% on all the others ... let's hope he says don't worry!

I am planning to get off at every island but really only to see a small part of them and then scuttle back to the boat for pampering and relaxation ..

I can't believe it is all so close now - when I first started reading the SD board and then booked it was 130 days or somesuch I think aghhhhh so SO looking forward to it and yes of course I will report back

smiles

Joanna

Joanna, it's always good to check with your doc but just so you know the Hep A shot is not mandatory.

We just chose to get it because we travel a lot and wanted to err on the side of caution.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

CDreamer

Archived