our wedding update

swalton85

Your wedding is much better than the update I just sent out to our friends and family. Our's reads:

Hi everyone,

By now most of you have heard about the fire on the our cruise ship, the Carnival Splendor. I've been in contact with Carnival, and until the ship docks and they have their engineers go over it, they don't have an estimate of how bad the damage is. While they have cancelled this ship's upcoming Nov 14 cruise, the are still selling staterooms for our week.

Mark and I have a website set up at www.ceceliaandmark.com where I've listed information about the cruise (pre-fire) and I will add updates to the ship and our wedding/reception status. So please check there for more detailed information as it becomes available.

We are

Hi everyone,

By now most of you have heard about the fire on the our cruise ship, the Carnival Splendor. I've been in contact with Carnival, and until the ship docks and they have their engineers go over it, they don't have an estimate of how bad the damage is. While they have cancelled this ship's upcoming Nov 14 cruise, the are still selling staterooms for our week.

Mark and I have a website set up at www.ceceliaandmark.com where I've listed information about the cruise (pre-fire) and I will add updates to the ship and our wedding/reception status. So please check there for more detailed information as it becomes available.

We are

Hi everyone,

We are hoping to see you all December 19th....on the Splendor!

Love,

Cecelia & Mark

Wow. Was Marks "idle conjecture" just censored? The thread disappeared as I was reading it.

One thing my father taught me - he was a cold war nuclear sub commander and nuclear engineer - was that "accidents" like this RARELY happen without some type of human neglect. He would have said "someone was doing something that they weren't suppose do be doing". The systems are engineered to be failsafe. And as your fiance pointed out, there are to many redundant systems for this accident.

For this type of problem, there was most definitely a human error involved.

haven't been on this forum in awhile so here's our update :) marriage license is on its way, we booked the DJ and our invitations are done... only 79 days to go! it's coming up fast! :eek:

the invites i made =)

Love your invite, was that from a kit!?!

I know you must be super excited, it's almost around the corner!

Your wedding is much better than the update I just sent out to our friends and family. Our's reads:

Hi everyone,

We are hoping to see you all December 19th....on the Splendor!

Love,

Cecelia & Mark

My heart so goes out to you.

Sometimes the 'not knowing' is more stressful than not knowing whether or not things will be intact by the time your wedding gets here.

I have a feeling it will be though with over a month away. I would think Carnival has already lost enough money with this tragedy and wants to get the ship quickly back out to sea.

I have my fingers crossed for you and little prayer too.

Lipz~ the invites were from a kit I got at walmart for $19... they had a stone in the middle of the bow so i picked it off & got starfish scrapbook stickers and stuck it on there instead and i bought the starfish punch from michaels in the scrapbooking area... it only cost about $30 to make them.

You invitation is great! How do you already know what time your wedding is? I didn't think they would let you know that far in advance. I guess I'll make a call to the Wedding Dept tomorrow to find out what time my daughter's wedding will be on the 12th of January aboard the Pride. Best of luck with your planning. I'm curious.. are you having a dj or band or piano player for your reception?

You invitation is great! How do you already know what time your wedding is? I didn't think they would let you know that far in advance. I guess I'll make a call to the Wedding Dept tomorrow to find out what time my daughter's wedding will be on the 12th of January aboard the Pride. Best of luck with your planning. I'm curious.. are you having a dj or band or piano player for your reception?

Yup, are u? Just curious about the question..

I don't officially know the time... i looked through here & all the brides who had deluxe package weddings were at 1... i figured the time wasn't really important anyways b/c every1 needs to be at the port by 10:30 anyways... i just put it on there b/c it seemed weird to have an invite with no time on it.

i have the dj.

Wow. Was Marks "idle conjecture" just censored? The thread disappeared as I was reading it.

One thing my father taught me - he was a cold war nuclear sub commander and nuclear engineer - was that "accidents" like this RARELY happen without some type of human neglect. He would have said "someone was doing something that they weren't suppose do be doing". The systems are engineered to be failsafe. And as your fiance pointed out, there are to many redundant systems for this accident.

For this type of problem, there was most definitely a human error involved.

We have no idea what happened to Mark's message. One minute it was there and then it was gone! He has a Phd in electrical engineering and generally knows what he is talking about. Of course that doesn't help in how long the ship will not be sailing because he can't be there to see the exact damage. And of couse he is away this week at a conference. So I sit here wondering if go keep planning as if we will be sailing or to start all over again with a different venue, etc. The Carnival wedding seems so easy as they do most of the work and kind of limit us on our options and vendors, now 36 days starting from scratch...maybe. That's the hard part, the maybe.

Archived