Anyone ever gotten compensation for norovirus

WVTEX

Sorry nothing deserved here. You can ger noro at Disney. Or the movie theater or the bowling alley or the ice rink or well you get my drift. It can come from anywhere.

Wow...so its the Norwegian Epic that causes noro?:eek::D

OP I hate to say it but 4% of any given population with an illness really is not that big a deal. A lot of schools at any given time have a lot higher percentage of kids out with everything from nore, strep, and God knows what. I'm sorry if you got sick but there is no way to prove you got it on the ship. It is very possible that the people who got sick all ate or drank at the same place while at a port.

As much as everyone would like to get compensated for getting sick on board a cruise ship, it's pretty much not going to happen. Do you know how many people would be filing claims or whatever if they did compensate? Thankfully I've never gotten sick on a cruise, except for a sore throat and stuffy nose but it was towards the end and it can happen anywhere.

This past weekend my whole family had some 24 hour stomach bug that kept them near the toilet.....germs are everywhere. Just have to take the precautions of keeping yourself germ free...washing hands, using tissues, covering your mouth, etc.

Hahahaha.... I'm still laughing at that one. Had a near death experience due to Norovirus on Carnival Glory. Wrote them a nice letter. Explained that my husband & I were quarentined in our room for four days, missed two ports, and felt like we would die, due to a virus that the CDC and FDA both agree is transmitted through contaminated food or water. Got a nice letter back from Carnival saying sorry and hope you'll cruise with us in the future. NOT A CHANCE, CARNIVAL!

One more stomach virus and you'll be down to your ideal weight! Sounds like compensation enough to me. ;)

This is an old thread from last November. The OP has never posted again. She either went away mad or is on an extended world cruise.:rolleyes:

Yeah - I noticed that too.

It looks like it was pulled back to the first page when user2835 was ill while on the Glory, more recently. User2835 started a similar thread - then this one resurfaced :rolleyes:

Yep...In Jan. 08 my partner came down with "something" on the ship, ( not sure if it was noro, or not), and both of us were confined to the cabin for the last 2 days of the cruise...We were compensated aprox. half of our cruise cost back for a future cruise...However, this was on RC.

Had the same thing happen. I got it and my wife was also confined. RC,if I remember correctly, gave us each a $250 cert. for a future cruise.

I hate to keep this post alive, but...

If people get sick on a cruise, most of the time it's because they eat contaminated food that has been contaminated by fellow sick passengers, or from bathrooms or door handles that have been contaminated by fellow passengers. I believe that the Cruise Lines do their best to keep things clean and sanitary, and are probably much better than hotels, restaurants, and our homes. How many places have you seen where they offer you hand sanitizers when you enter the restaurants? The only things cruise ships could do is not to let us touch any serving utensils in the buffett and have someone stand guard in the bathrooms to make sure we all wash our hands and cover our faces when we cough or sneeze. Is that what we want?

Had the same thing happen. I got it and my wife was also confined. RC,if I remember correctly, gave us each a $250 cert. for a future cruise.

Glad to know we weren't freaks of nature, ( which I was starting to think after reading all the other responses)...Perhaps RC just handles this situation differently...And yes $250 each was what we got, so it paid for one of our fares the next time.

Perhaps RC just handles this situation differently...And yes $250 each was what we got, so it paid for one of our fares the next time.

They are charging higher fares, so maybe they can afford to be generous?

I would not trade a bout of puking for $250, nor would receiving the money make the puking any less repugnant!

They are charging higher fares, so maybe they can afford to be generous?

I would not trade a bout of puking for $250, nor would receiving the money make the puking any less repugnant!

I agree with second part of your post. I wouldn't want to go through it again if they offered me $1,000 future cruise credit. But, they did give the credit that I didn't ask for and it wasn't their fault I got sick.

[quote name='MrPete']Compensation from whom? The person you caught it from?

Good luck with that one.

Next will be posts about colds and flu. The ship is not a carrier of these either. It's us damn humans.[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better.
[quote name='golfadj']The bathrobe cult will never get the noro. Finally found out why they wear them all over the ship.[/quote]

LMAO!!!!!!

Archived