Soda Card question

smiles32617

On 5 day it was $34 or $35 for adult soda sticker, $6.50 for the glass if ya want it.

Kat

Thanks, Kat

Is the $6.50 soda glass one of those insulated-type cups with a lid (resembles an adult-sized sippy cup) --- or was it just a plain glass cup??

Sorry for all the questions; I haven't been on Carnival since 2000 :(

Thanks, Kat

Is the $6.50 soda glass one of those insulated-type cups with a lid (resembles an adult-sized sippy cup) --- or was it just a plain glass cup??

Sorry for all the questions; I haven't been on Carnival since 2000 :(

Yes, you are correct an adult sippy cup. That's what we call them too. lol If you don't get the glass, when you order your soda it will be in a glass from the bar. The "cups" hold (with ice) almost a can of soda.

Have a wonderful time!!

Kat

I know this subject gets beat to death but I have never bought one and have never paid that much attention. This time I might since we are trying to pack lighter and carry on only so fitting 12 packs in the duffel will be hard. I know I can carry them right on but its way easier for me to wheel them or sling them over my shoulder.

but is it still true in you buy it once at sea the price drops?

Yes I know Coke Products but they don't serve ALL products that coke has to offer. So wondering which ones? And mostly wondering if Dr. Pepper has been added yet?

Oh by the way, Dr. Pepper is not a Coke product, just distributed by Coke in some areas. In other areas, Pepsi is a distributor. Here is info from Dr. Pepper's website:

"Q: Is Dr Pepper owned by a larger company?

A: Yes. Along with a number of other great brands, Dr Pepper is a brand within the Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG). DPSG is one of the largest producers of soft drinks and premium beverages in the Americas. DPSG's brand portfolio includes Snapple, Dr Pepper, 7UP, A&W Root Beer, Sunkist soda, Canada Dry, Hawaiian Punch, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Slush Puppie frozen drinks, Mott's Apple Juice, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T, Holland House mixers, Rose's, Mistic, Yoo-Hoo, Orangina, IBC, Stewart's, Nantucket Nectars and other well-known consumer brands."

They contract with local bottlers to manufacture their product.

but is it still true in you buy it once at sea the price drops?

If you buy it the second day, you don't have to pay for the 1st day, so yes, it is a little cheaper.

When I bought mine they didn't charge my S&S until after we set sail (they just wrote it down, while we were still in port) so that I wouldn't have to pay sales tax on it.

Can we order a cherry coke ofcourse with cherry syrup and maybe a cherry with a soda card? no extra charge?

Yes you can!

My wife likes Cherry Cokes, and I like Diet Cherry Sprite (yes, I'm a grown man that likes Diet Shirley Temples). The waitress we had on the Glory would give us 4-5 cherries with each one we ordered.

I never get a soda card, mostly cause I don't really drink soda, I have maybe 1 during a cruise. But I went to the bar for a soda, and I paid for it, and I got the can. These 2 guys at the bar next to me looked so jealous that I got the can, they were so confused why they didn't get cans all week. Before you buy the card, figure if you will go through at least 3 sodas a day, if not, the soda card isn't worth it.

Archived