YeeEEAAHHHHH! A primal scream

joramrose

Sorry for the ear piercer, but these boards are driving me insane.

Takes me in and out all day just to read a couple dozen posts.

Please, somebody, DO something! Or pass me an anti-adiction pill, please.

And not one washed down with a martini -- I'm stuck in my ways and I'll take Scotch.

In fact, I guess I will take one now, for survival purposes, of course.

love

joan

Hi Joan:D LOL too funny...well its not funny, but you have added some humor to the situation.

I added something on the NightOwls thread. Asked them if I could say "damn" on here;) That is how I felt after I had lost a lonnnnnng post:eek:

Asked them if I could say "damn" on herewink.gif That is how I felt after I had lost a lonnnnnng posteek.gif

Hi Lois...

After this happened to me a couple of times I now highlight the text of my post & copy it to the Windows clipboard using "control + insert" before hitting submit or preview. If the post gets lost, I can retry by simply pasting to blank reply screen with "shift + insert". I know there are other copy & paste commands, I have a habit of using these. Just my cheap insurance to save retyping! smile.gif

Now Lynn, that reminds me of an old story which I will not drag out.

In a much shortened version, Jesus and the devil were in competition to see who was best on the computer.

It was fast and furious for a few hours and then there was a power surge. Yep, it knocked out all the samples of their work.

Old Nick tore his hair and complained to God that he was playing favorites, because Jesus still had everything on his computer.

And you know what God replied -- Jesus saves.

I learned the hard way to save every paragraph or two. I worked for a newspaper, and wrote all my stories on a computer, and in later years made up all the pages on a computer. Hours of work could vanish into cyberspace if I did not do what Jesus would do!

love

joan

• Administrators

Hi folks:

As you may be aware, January and February are PRIME cruise planning months. As a result, we've experienced tremendous growth in our boards usage, which has slowed down the delivery at peak usage times. We want you to know we are acutely aware of the situation, as it affects all of us as well, and are looking into various solutions.

Evenings and lunchtime hours are the hardest hit -- if you have the flexibility, try using the boards at other times.

Laura

Laura,

With all due respect, I'm on the boards in the morning, and I've been experiencing problems. I'm also on in the afternoon and evening (well, maybe not in the same day, but face it, I'm addicted); and I have found no ONE time better than the other, if there was such a time I would be on then.

• Administrators

Thanks for that info...it helps us out to know exactly WHEN everyone is having problems, as we are our own provider now .

Laura

Thanks for that info...it helps us out to know exactly WHEN everyone is having problems, as we are our own provider now <G>.

Laura

No personal offense, Laura (I know you aren't responsible for fixing this problem), but we've been telling you and the other hosts in other threads as well that the problem (at least the one of primary concern) is time independent.

As a side note: For at least some period this morning, the entire cruisecritic.com site was inaccessible -- not just the boards. The front-end jrun server was nonresponsive. That was certainly a first for me.

Again, let me reiterate and concur with others here -- the problems of CGI/PHP timeouts occur at all hours of the day and night.

No personal offense, Laura (I know you aren't responsible for fixing this problem), but we've been telling you and the other hosts in other threads as well that the problem (at least the one of primary concern) is time independent.

As a side note: For at least some period this morning, the entire cruisecritic.com site was inaccessible -- not just the boards. The front-end jrun server was nonresponsive. That was certainly a first for me.

Again, let me reiterate and concur with others here -- the problems of CGI/PHP timeouts occur at all hours of the day and night.

canderson is correct. It is happening all the time.

We have been telling you that it is happening all the time for days/weeks(?) now.

ALL THE TIME.

Ditto the above. I like to read the boards later in the evening California time and have had the problem. I also got the mesage regarding a jrun server error this morning as another poster reported.

Linda

I have to say the problems have been going on for some time and happen at all hours of the day. Not being able even to get on the site this morning was new for me. I thought CC might be running its own server since the problems seem to have out run your IT staff! No business, you know, seeking paying customers, could survive having these many problems for so long! I once worked for a company where one of the "experts" wrote and executed a script to clean up directories...unfortunately he ran it in the root directory and put the company out of service for a time, but did come back a little bit more each day. There doesn't seem to be any progress here! Good luck; may the great God of computers be with you.

Hi, another confirmation of the "doesn't matter what time of day it happens to be" theory. Early in the morning on the east coast is the middle of the night on the west coast is actually later in the morning for those in the UK (they are 5 hours ahead of East Coast time).

It happens all the time. And I don't want to sound disrespectful either, but we do try back at a later time. It continues to happen then as well.

That also happened to me today. I usually experiance the problem in the "boards" but today, the main page wouldn't load, as Canderson mentioned. At least you're aware of the problem and trying to fix it, Laura.PS:... as I was trying to send this post out... it froze up and I had to go out and come back a few minutes later... lol par for the course.:(

My screams are becoming more piercing, more frequent.

Had two fone calls yesterday from CCers because we could not communicate otherwise.

Had touble at midnight last night, and at 8 p.m. last night when I could not even get on.

And this is my second attempt this morning.

EEEYYOOOWWW!

love

joan

And I had to get off and come back in again to send this!!!

Archived