"Curves" exercise onboard VOS

Does anyone know if the health club aboard VOS have the "Curves" circuit type exercise? I do "Curves" workout daily and would hate to give it up for 9 days, expecially when I intend to enjoy the food aboard ship. Any info would be helpful. Thanking all in advance.

Judy

They will have a lot of machines, but not the "Curves circuit" you're used to. It's proprietary to Curves, may even be patented.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

I too go to curves. In the past, I found that alot of the same machines are on the ship (and more) that are at curves. Remember, curves whole idea is to have your heart work for 30 minutes - it doesn't matter as much as what machine/floor you are doing. Yes, you want to tone certain areas with certain machines; but if you work out for 30 minutes each time, you will be fine.....

Already checked with my Curves owner on what to do on the cruise. She said to work out on machines that seem similar to theirs but keep the amount of weight on them to the lowest amount available. She stated that if you over do with the strength training, you may spend some of your time at sea with sore muscles!!
So, do something, but not to excess!

Remember, walking is one of the best exercises, so instead of sore muscles, maybe a few laps each day!!!!

Judi
9/24 Voyage Saling
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;24;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Nordic Empress 9/1991
Sovreign of the Seas 10/1993
Celebrity Horizon 6/1995
Costa Victoria 3/1997
Sovreign of the Seas 6/1999
Voyager 9-24-04

When are you going Judy???? Maybe we could meet and workout together....just like our friends on the circuit at Curves!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Noodle Queen:
Does anyone know if the health club aboard VOS have the "Curves" circuit type exercise? I do "Curves" workout daily and would hate to give it up for 9 days, expecially when I intend to enjoy the food aboard ship. Any info would be helpful. Thanking all in advance.

Judy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Judi
9/24 Voyage Saling
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;24;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Nordic Empress 9/1991
Sovreign of the Seas 10/1993
Celebrity Horizon 6/1995
Costa Victoria 3/1997
Sovreign of the Seas 6/1999
Voyager 9-24-04

I began Curves on January 1, 2004. I joined because I wanted to lose weight for a cruise I was taking on March 7, 2004. I went faithfully three times per week, monitored my diet, and also walked on my treadmill 2 times per week for 30 min. By cruise time I had lost 17 inches (total), and 18 pounds. While on the cruise, I didn't use any of the equipment in the gym on the ship. I did walk 1 mile every day on the walking track on Deck 12 and I always took the stairs instead of the elevator. I ate whatever I wanted during the cruise, (but only when I was hungry...in other words I didn't eat just for the sake of eating and I didn't go wild on the buffet just because I could...do you now what I mean?). Anyway, I lost another 3 pounds during the week of the cruise.

Exercise is the key. Don't stress out about taking a cruise and not being able to continue the good work you have accomplished through Curves. Just try to take a good, fast-paced walk every day...and always take the stairs.

Have a great cruise!!!

Kimberly
Monarch of the Seas 4/02
Disney Wonder 11/02
Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04
Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

Thank you all for replying. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, am still getting use to these new boards! We are leaving 8-13-04 on VOS out of Bayonne. I guess I'll just walk the miles. Thanks again everyone.

Judy

Archived