Is MDR open on embarkation day on VOS from Galveston?

I'm disabled and will be boarding the Voyager of the Seas from Galveston in January. I have my own scooter and have reserved a handicapped cabin. I am traveling in a party of 8 (husband and inlaws) and don't really want to fight the cattle call in the Windjammer after we board. Any suggestions or should I just blow them a kiss goodbye and head to the nearest bar? :D

I agree with the hassle of the WJ 1st lunch- I sure wish that RC would open the MDR for lunch, as Princess does.

I also agree that the Promenade Cafe is your best bet till dinner. I don't think room service is open on the 1st afternoon, so the only other option I can think of is that someone gets you a plate at the WJ, to be eaten at the tables poolside. Sometimes the WJ bar area tables are not too crazy if someone will get your food.

We eat a late breakfast before boarding, so that we don't have to eat as soon as we board! We head straight to the pool, get a drink, and then a small snack later in the afternoon, if we need one.
I eat a light breakfast, if any. I paid for food beginning at noon, and I plan on taking advantage of of that fact.

Archived