Anyone receive call like this?

Calker

Background info: We are booked on the Miracle for 12/21.

On Friday, we missed two phone calls from Carnival - they left no messages. Upsell fairy???

Called PVP this morning, he could find no reason for anyone to call. I told him I hoped it was the upsell fairy. He said the only option was an obstructed view suite under Lido deck. I said no thanks.

A few minutes ago I received a call from Carnival. The rep stated he was concerned because our records show that we did not purchase their travel insurance. I told him we always buy insurance through a local company. He said he would note this info in our file. I asked if he had called on Friday, he said it was not him personally but the record he was looking at showed that someone from his area had called twice.

Background info: We are booked on the Miracle for 12/21.

On Friday, we missed two phone calls from Carnival - they left no messages. Upsell fairy???

Called PVP this morning, he could find no reason for anyone to call. I told him I hoped it was the upsell fairy. He said the only option was an obstructed view suite under Lido deck. I said no thanks.

A few minutes ago I received a call from Carnival. The rep stated he was concerned because our records show that we did not purchase their travel insurance. I told him we always buy insurance through a local company. He said he would note this info in our file. I asked if he had called on Friday, he said it was not him personally but the record he was looking at showed that someone from his area had called twice.

I never have... I guess our PVP has our file marked as buying elsewhere??

But it dont suprise me. Given Carnivals chase for the improved bottom line. I guess it also gives them one more reason to deny any uninsured cancels as well.

haha yes i had that same experience a few weeks ago. I'd been hoping Mrs Upgrade would call me and missed a Carnival call. I called back & was told that the promotions department was a different dept & phone #, so it wasnt the fairy.

Turns out it was exactly who called you, someone noticing i didnt purchase travel protection. So I think most people get that call.

Beware -- i told them i didnt purchase it cause i already had my own insurance. The next time i logged into my carnival account, it now indicated a balance to pay for travel insurance. I had them remove it immediately.

Archived