Cruise Critic Community
hat776

English vs American

7 hours ago, OUR CAROL said:

We wash our own dirty mugs, I need the practice.Ā  Just bung them in the machine at home.šŸ˜‰

How many mugs do you have now?

7 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Ship tea bags have string tags.

Much safer than carrying a knife around for a cup of tea.

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I never thought of that, are you trying to suggest I may be a tea leaf? Never! Though it might be an idea to Nick a spoon for tea bag emergencies.šŸ˜‰

1 minute ago, OUR CAROL said:

I never thought of that, are you trying to suggest I may be a tea leaf? Never! Though it might be an idea to Nick a spoon for tea bag emergencies.šŸ˜‰

I was only asking, I wouldn't want to presume.šŸ˜‹

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I was only asking, I wouldn't want to presume.šŸ˜‹

Anyway, their mugs are not stylish enough to bother getting arrested for.šŸ˜’

19 minutes ago, OUR CAROL said:

Anyway, their mugs are not stylish enough to bother getting arrested for.šŸ˜’

Stealing those would be a mug's game.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:11 PM, MicCanberra said:

Including the HAL dam ships mugs given as trivia trophies (before they downgraded to ball point pens and key chains) more than we have room for in the cupboard above our coffee maker.

38 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Including the HAL dam ships mugs given as trivia trophies (before they downgraded to ball point pens and key chains) more than we have room for in the cupboard above our coffee maker.

We had started to collect mugs for specific ships at one stage, either through prizes or by buying them but soon stopped as you can only store so many.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We had started to collect mugs for specific ships at one stage, either through prizes or by buying them but soon stopped as you can only store so many.

An honest man.šŸ˜ The best way is to win them then you definitely won't get arrested.

Have you ever had anything taken off you when boarding a ship?Ā  We had a cheese board with curved cheese knife confiscated from out visit to Madeira.Ā  Goodness knows why they thought I was a danger to the public when knives are available in the self service restaurants, but hey ho.Ā  I can see the headlines now .........Ā  British woman goes on rampage with cheese knife.šŸ˜‰

6 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Prizes aren't what they used to be are they?Ā  On PandO the prize for a quiz win was a bottle of wine last year but this year it's been downgraded to a sticker which you have to collect several of before you can claim a prize.šŸ’

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by OUR CAROL
Error

19 minutes ago, OUR CAROL said:

An honest man.šŸ˜ The best way is to win them then you definitely won't get arrested.

Yep, I try.

9 minutes ago, OUR CAROL said:

Have you ever had anything taken off you when boarding a ship?Ā  We had a cheese board with curved cheese knife confiscated from out visit to Madeira.Ā  Goodness knows why they thought I was a danger to the public when knives are available in the self service restaurants, but hey ho.Ā  I can see the headlines now .........Ā  British woman goes on rampage with cheese knife.šŸ˜‰

Just wine (from ports after embarkation) which was held until the last night of the cruise

4 hours ago, OUR CAROL said:

Just wise of them to take precautions with armed British women - it all goes back to Boadecea.

19 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Just wise of them to take precautions with armed British women - it all goes back to Boadecea.

Armed with a cheese knife, whisk and wooden spoon.

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

This is turning into an arms race.

My arms are aching, I give in.šŸ˜

On 5/13/2019 at 12:48 AM, navybankerteacher said:

Especially when you consider the actual meat that is traditionally put into a haggis.

Ā