Cabin Safe Dimensions on Jewel of the Seas

louisedave

No dimensions, but they are larger than a hotel room safe...but not large enough for a normal laptop.

A mini might fit. If it doesn't, simply stick it in your suitcase...lock it, if you feel it necessary. Your room attendant won't have time to search through your things to use your laptop!!!!

A netbook probably will, I was able to squeeze an ipad in so you should be okay, if not I wouldn't worry too much about the room steward, if they were going to lose their job by stealing, it would be for something much more valuable than a netbook, I would assume they have seem some pretty expensive things in their day.

It definately won't fit in the safe. Lock it up in your luggage.

Not necessarily true. My roomie brought her netbook on our Jewel cruise in September, and it just barely fit in the safe. It would go in fine (width wise) but had to sit at a diagonal (front to rear) to get the door to close and latch. We had a few things at the back of the safe (cell phones, etc) and the edge of the netbook would sit on top of them.

Not necessarily true. My roomie brought her netbook on our Jewel cruise in September, and it just barely fit in the safe. It would go in fine (width wise) but had to sit at a diagonal (front to rear) to get the door to close and latch. We had a few things at the back of the safe (cell phones, etc) and the edge of the netbook would sit on top of them.

Does the safe sit vertical or horizontal?

Hello All,

We are thinking of bringing our netbook (a mini-laptop) onboard the Jewel of the Seas, and would like to place it in the cabin safe. Does anyone have the dimensions of the cabin safe on this ship?

Thanks so much,

Louise

Your netbook or laptop will be perfectly safe even if you leave it out on your table top.

Yep, my eee PC netbook fit perfectly in there.:D Just have to do a little adjusting to make it fit.

My husband and I always leave our laptop on the table. I feel it is perfectly safe.

For me it wasn't that I felt it wasn't fine out in the open, but rather that there is limited counter space in a regular stateroom. By putting my netbook up when I wasn't using it, it gave us more room in the cabin, and meant that our stateroom attendant could clean that space without risking damaging my netbook.

Your netbook or laptop will be perfectly safe even if you leave it out on your table top.

I agree, I have never had a problem with anything going missing inside the room. The only thing I have ever had stolen on a cruise, was magnets off the door, we had our meet and mingle sign up on the door and the magnets were stolen by a passenger.

Safes on the Jewel open with a 4 digit code that you set on first use.

The approximate dimensions are 12" wide x 5" deep x 6" high. I based these measurements from a case I keep in the safe. The key word is "approximate".

Archived