Questions about RCCL Kids Program?

ksmcali

I posted this in the Family Cruise Forum, but thought I might get feedback here as well.

Me, DH, and DD (3 yo) will be traveling on the Voyager of the Seas in April. We've only cruised with DD once before on Carnival and did not utilize their Children's Program. My daughter does not attend daycare or preschool, and while she's very independent and doesn't have any trouble staying and playing while we're away, its only when she's comfortable with her babysitter (i.e. grandparents, neighbors, and Sunday School Teachers). I fear she won't warm up to the kids staff given her limited exposure.

As I understand it, there are some family activities that we can take part in with her. Is there any open times that we can take her to the Adventure Ocean area and play with her. I know she would love the lego tables, etc. I noticed in one of the programs it listed that parents are only allowed in the parents zone. Can someone tell me more about that? Does the parent zone have a play area that you can play with your child?

Also, does everyone have access to Adventure Beach, or is that a part of the Adventure Ocean children's program too?

I've looked for answers to these questions on the boards, but can't seem to find the specific info. I've heard great reviews on the RCCL kid's programs and how much others' children have enjoyed it. I hope we can have the same experience, but I want to be prepared and know what my options are if DD doesn't feel comfortable being left with the staff.

Thanks for any info you can share!

I'm pretty sure that Adventure Beach is separate on most ships. We went there most days on the Voyager, for instance, where my two sons (7 and 5) LOVED going down the water slide and playing in the special pools.

That much said, they have also been going to Adventure Ocean activities since they were old enough. They BEG all through dinner for us to finish so we can drop them off at AO! They even forego dessert just so we can get them there earlier. They have so much fun hanging out with the other kids - and the AO staff has always been great. We never do AO stuff during the day at sea since we always spend those days together, usually on the pool deck.

If you're not sure how AO will go over, never fear. On ALL ships they give you a beeper or phone and will contact you right away if there is anything amiss. Then you can come pick up your kids in good time. But from my experience, this has happened only late at night, when they're really tired or else too many of the other children have already left. They have a great time meeting new friends. It's paid off for us during the days, too, when they meet up again with friends from AO poolside and have someone they know to play with.

We sailed on the Oasis just this past Thanksgiving. My son is 7 and loved the Adventure Ocean program. He begged to go to hang out with his friends and see the staff!!!! The program is very well organized and the check in and out process is very thorough. All of the staff were positive and upbeat eventhough there were over 1200 children under 17 on the ship!!!! To have some me time he attended the program in the morning on one day and then usually after dinner. He did eat lunch in the program one day and dinner in the program one night. They do a wonderful job of taking care of all the children. My experience with them was very positive!! Dee

Archived