Renting a Cabana in Labadee

Looking forward to my next LOS cruise on Jan 9 and someone mentioned on one of the CC boards that they rented a cabana in Labadee for the day. I don't see any mention of cabanas in the shore excursions. Does anyone out there know how they can be rented?

They offer them for rent to suite guest, above JR suite. If there are any additional ones available the others can rent them.

WE were recently on LOS and went to the diamond lounge and asked the concierge to put in a request. When we got there, she had a list of available cabanas after the suite guests got first dibs. There were plenty available at that poiint. I believe there were many that were never taken.

I will also echo the sentiment that the cabanas are absolutely worth it. Labadee is kind of a zoo but the private area and very good service makes it really nice. It was a highlight of our LOS cruise. We're going back in April and will be attempting to get a cabana.

I was able to book mine the day before we got to Labadee and I wasn't in a suite. The concierge was very helpful and I tipped her when we got back to the ship.

Sounds nice. How much was the rental fee?

I echo the other comments. They are nice and worth the money. They range in price from $150.00 to $200.00. Limit six people. They provide bottled water, floats and snorkles plus an upgraded buffet with things such as shrimp, lobster and steak.

Go to the customer service desk when you board, and see if any are still avail....if the suites haven't booked them, they will rent one to you. It's expensive, and there's plenty of free shade, if you decide not to spend the money.

Just off Liberty OTS and rented a cabana. IMO, definitely worth the money. Float mats and snorkel equipment were included in the rental fee, their was a ceiling fan in the cabana, lovely cushioned chairs, and an upgraded lunch. ALso, the beach was quite calm on that side, as opposed to big waves on the other beaches. Since we had kids with us, the beach was better for them.

Rita

ditto the previous posts. it is def worth it if you can swing it. we were in a JS on our last cruise and were able to book one the day before labadee since they werent being taken by suite guests. we got the cabana, cushy lounge chairs, a cooler full of bottled H2O, and an upgraded lunch buffet. and the calmer water at the cabana beach was nice too since we had a toddler with us.

the regular beaches were really crowded, and the lunch buffet was hot dogs, burgers and bug juice. yuck.

I want to underline what others have said about how great the cabanas/suite beach are. We did it on a lark since we were in a suite, and I would NEVER get my husband to the beach if we hadn't had a shady cabana with an overhead fan. It was so cool and nice! And the service was excellent, the staff there so friendly and quick to accommodate. It was fantastic to come out of the water and have this luxurious space all our own to return to: well-cushioned wooden loungers in front, PLUS and entire back area (where the ceiling and fan are) completely lined with a comfortable wraparound couch. Free cooler drinks and the buffet was not bad at all.

I had never had a cabana or the like ANYWHERE before and just wanted to try it. But I didn't even realize what a great thing it actually was until we returned to Labadee as D1 occupants and tried out the "public beaches." They are rocky, littered, very sloped and not really suited to swimming for kids. The zipline ended right above the closest beach, and we didn't walk any further in the blistering sun to find a different beach since my two little ones object most to walking above all things. We could only go a little ways out into the water before the zipline staff would yell at us to move back - because no one is allowed to enjoy the water anywhere near the zipline.

In short, if you can snag one, it's worth it. I'd say the cost is comparable to other excursions (when you add them up per person) and afforded us one of our finest days in a port anywhere.

DH and I were guests of our tablemates this past March in their Cabana (we were in a GS also) and in Nov we were in a JS and didn't get to get one (rainy day anyway). It is absolutely worth it and we will rent one in Oct when we're there on Freedom. The beach area is 1000 times better at Barefoot than Columbus Cove and the food upgrades, plus no crowds is wonderful. It made for a really relaxing, fun day for us. Our table mates had rented one of the larger ones, near the water, not over it, and it was really nice.

It appears that only GS and above can rent one until the day before the Labadee arrival. Our concierge went around the lounge and asked everyone who came in a couple of days before we got there. He obviously was making sure that suite guests had a chance to get one before they let others rent them.

With all this talk about how nice the cabanas are I was just wondering, as they become more popular, how will they coordinate the rentals between two ships when there will be two in port? It sounds like some people would be very disappointed if they got shut out of being able to get one of them.

Soon people will be fighting over the "waterfront" ones vs. the ones set back a bit from the water. You know what they say about real estate.... it is all about location, location, location!

With all this talk about how nice the cabanas are I was just wondering, as they become more popular, how will they coordinate the rentals between two ships when there will be two in port? It sounds like some people would be very disappointed if they got shut out of being able to get one of them.

Soon people will be fighting over the "waterfront" ones vs. the ones set back a bit from the water. You know what they say about real estate.... it is all about location, location, location!

I would think that they split them. Since it seems that on most sailings, non suites guests also have the opportunity to book them so it would be safe to say that most suite guests have a shot at getting one if they want.

If given a choice, I would take the 'cheapy' cabana every time. The distance to the water between categories is literally a matter of 10s of feet. Walking just a bit further to the water will help offset the thousands of calories I'm taking in per day on a cruise.

The "cheapy" cabanas are really just enough room for two loungers and a little bit of room around them. The more expensive ones have a seating area with basically a couch and an area for loungers. So, it's not just a matter of distance to the water. I prefer the larger ones.

Would Customer Service be willing to split the cost of the cabanas among 2 or more SeaPass accounts, if we were to share the cost with friends on the same sailing who are in different staterooms? Has anyone done this? Or do they only allow the cost to be put on one SeaPass account, then that account holder would have to settle separately with the others?

Would Customer Service be willing to split the cost of the cabanas among 2 or more SeaPass accounts, if we were to share the cost with friends on the same sailing who are in different staterooms? Has anyone done this? Or do they only allow the cost to be put on one SeaPass account, then that account holder would have to settle separately with the others?

We split it with friends but just had them pay us cash.

Archived