Tours from the pier

Debbb1

Has anyone done a tour from one of the vendors on the pier? We will be there next week on the Grand. Sadly there have been problems with the ship getting there on time and some trips they have switched arrival dates.

I'd like to go snorkling,but have been unable to set a private tour up.Most of the private tours are early in the day(Grand comes at 1,2 maybe 3)

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has gone with a vendor at the dock????

What tours were offered from the dock???

Getting excited to leave,but have nothing planned for Belize(I've been there before and loved the ruins(Lamani).

Thanks for any help....

Debbie

After lurking here on these boards, I finally decided to share some of my views.

We were in Belize last week on the Explorer of the Seas and wanted to do some snorkeling. The tours with the ship were sold out before we could sign up. I had read the reviews here on this board and decided to go with Belize Rays. We were very happy with this tour and would recommed them to anyone looking for a snorkel and beach tour in Belize.

The tour starts with a stop at the beach to drop off anyone who does not want to snorkel. Then after some instructions, we were off to do some snorkeling. Afterwards, we all went back to the beach for about 50 minutes. Then we were off back to the ship.

Since the tender from the ship to Belize is approx. 20 minutes, they tried to drop off all the passengers at their cruise ships. Carnaval would not allow this. As we got close to the ship, they told the captain that independant tours are not allowed to drop off at the ship. They had to go to the peir in Belize and take the Carnaval tender back to the ship. I was surprised when we then stopped at the Explorer and were able to get on our ship with no problem.

It ended up being a great day in Belize and I would not hesitate to recommend this tour.

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions.I have been in contact with Belizerays,but they said the Grand Princess has not been showing up till late,so they are not booking any tours with Grand :(

They did tell me where their office.We will go straight to the office if the ship gets in early enough and see if they can do a tour for us. I'd like go snorkling!!!!

Has anyone done a tour with a group they met on the docks??? How was it???

Help, we leave Sat....yippie

~Deb

Archived