December 14 - 21, 2010 - SeaDream II

mimito4

One thing I don't think you've shared with us is your take on the Captain currently on board. He is new to SD and I'm wondering if you have any insight you care to share as to his background, how he's getting acclimated to SeaDream, is he visible around the ship, etc.

Thanks in advance.

One thing I don't think you've shared with us is your take on the Captain currently on board. He is new to SD and I'm wondering if you have any insight you care to share as to his background, how he's getting acclimated to SeaDream, is he visible around the ship, etc. quote]

Glad you asked this ctbjr. I was wondering the very same thing. Am anxious to hear more about this new captain.

How is he with navigating the swells, Teresa? :eek: Or is that why Zoltan is pouring these stiff drinks? :p :D

One thing I don't think you've shared with us is your take on the Captain currently on board. He is new to SD and I'm wondering if you have any insight you care to share as to his background, how he's getting acclimated to SeaDream, is he visible around the ship, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Inquiring minds need to know.:p

One thing I don't think you've shared with us is your take on the Captain currently on board. He is new to SD and I'm wondering if you have any insight you care to share as to his background, how he's getting acclimated to SeaDream, is he visible around the ship, etc. quote]

Glad you asked this ctbjr. I was wondering the very same thing. Am anxious to hear more about this new captain.

How is he with navigating the swells, Teresa? :eek: Or is that why Zoltan is pouring these stiff drinks? :p :D

Zoltan isn't chief bartender for nothing.;) Navigating the swells is always of interest... with or without the badge of courage or those magic pills.:eek:

so overwurked - when do you leave for SD II? wish we were going to be there . . . .

Believe it or not we are on SD1 Jan 2-9. SD2 is chartered for New Years - so we and some other friends booked SD1. I'm feeling quite sad about missing all my friends on SD2 this holiday season though - we have been with them the last several years. Trying to anticipate some end of year work schedule issues sort of messed everything up - oh well. I know SD1 will be fabulous of course, just missing the old friends. Hope you are doing well and you and your family have a wonderful holiday and a happy and healthy New Year.

I REALLY LIKE that Michael, the CD, made an announcement, apologizing for the intrusion, but to let us know that a Mama whale and her calf were putting on a show aft of the ship. So cool to see! Oceania Jeff's Donna gets credit for the first sighting. . .thrilling!

I like that Zoltan made a healing, warm fresh lemon/honey/mint toddy for a sick young woman. Who new he was a doc, too?!

We're at Norman Island, where we had a lovely day. Don and I snorkeled just off the beach where we saw a barracuda. It's been a wildlife day for sure. Who knows what might happen tonight! :p

Gotta run. . .we're dining with Jeff & Donna tonight.

Oh, don't know much about the captain, but he does seems to be dining with people.

I REALLY LIKE that Michael, the CD, made an announcement, apologizing for the intrusion, but to let us know that a Mama whale and her calf were putting on a show aft of the ship. So cool to see! Oceania Jeff's Donna gets credit for the first sighting. . .thrilling!

I like that Zoltan made a healing, warm fresh lemon/honey/mint toddy for a sick young woman. Who new he was a doc, too?!

We're at Norman Island, where we had a lovely day. Don and I snorkeled just off the beach where we saw a barracuda. It's been a wildlife day for sure. Who knows what might happen tonight! :p

Gotta run. . .we're dining with Jeff & Donna tonight.

Oh, don't know much about the captain, but he does seems to be dining with people.

Sounds like another perfect day on SD! DJ's DH jokes with me that SD is the adult version of Disney ... even providing wildlife for gue'sts entertainment!:p

Don't you just love sailing in the Sir Frances Drake Channel? I just love the way SD does the USVI/BVI!

We need you to get to work Teresa and check out the new captain:cool:

Believe it or not we are on SD1 Jan 2-9. SD2 is chartered for New Years - so we and some other friends booked SD1. I'm feeling quite sad about missing all my friends on SD2 this holiday season though - we have been with them the last several years. Trying to anticipate some end of year work schedule issues sort of messed everything up - oh well. I know SD1 will be fabulous of course, just missing the old friends. Hope you are doing well and you and your family have a wonderful holiday and a happy and healthy New Year.

Yes,year end work schedule this year is bad here too - working New Years eve - so no holiday on SD II for us either this December. Having a great holiday and hope we can sail together next year on SD. Best wishes for 2011.

T (aka mimito4),

How have you found the ship's internet connection to be in general? I know that you've had problems uploading photos but has it been ok for reading and responding to emails and web surfing?

It was so horrible in November as to have been worse than useless and I'm certainly hoping that it has improved and will remain at least at the tolerable level for our upcoming cruise in January.

Also, Michael the CD is a new name to me. Is he new to SD or has he been around for a while?

Thanks.

Yes,year end work schedule this year is bad here too - working New Years eve - so no holiday on SD II for us either this December. Having a great holiday and hope we can sail together next year on SD. Best wishes for 2011.

So far we've booked next christmas on SD2 - don't know what else yet. Thinking about Croatia and also thinking about the 10 day Rome to Rome, in the alternative thinking about just making the Christmas trip a b2b. Also seriously thinking about booking the Amazon trip in 2012 but somewhat skeptical about being able to take that much time off all at once....truth be told probably a bit more than somewhat skeptical - unless I clone myself .... What do you have your eye on for next year?

T, thanks for your on board reports..ps....did u hear Cin beat Cle today?

Well, there is a God after all. Thanks for humoring me, Colonel. I adore you.

T (aka mimito4),

How have you found the ship's internet connection to be in general? I know that you've had problems uploading photos but has it been ok for reading and responding to emails and web surfing?

Also, Michael the CD is a new name to me. Is he new to SD or has he been around for a while?

Thanks.

The wireless has been perfect, and fast as at home. Not sure if my iPad should get credit, or the wireless. I should note that I have not tried it out of the stateroom, but Matthew and Louis have told me it's awful outside.

We just returned from the Splash at Jost to discover the 3 G signal, and hence this post. Got tired of paying the wireless.

Yes, Michael is new. He's charming and very thorough. I have yet to meet one crew member who is less than perfect.

Honestly.

As for the captain, he seems very nice. He was on our crew walk excursion this morning at Jost van Dyke (note to anyone reading: unless you are fairly fit, you should NOT do this walk--very strenuous hills).

We were invited to dine with the captain last night, and honestly, we declined. Wanted to dine with our new-soon-to-be-old best friends, Jeff & Donna. Loves 'em. It wasn't that we didn't appreciate, but 7 days is too short, and at our age, you learn to do what pleases you.

Ok, so i'm a brat. But, I have fun. Please indulge (see my avatar for the whole story).

We had a blast last night. Soooooooooooooooooo much fun. I can't wait to get back and post pictures. Stay tuned.

Oh, and here's the thing. The captain has not run us aground once. :p. I like that in a captain.

Summary (for now):

Matthew tells me there is more gossip to come, but he won't tell me yet because i'm a tattle-tell. Stay tuned. I shall report as soon as I wrestle it out of him.

Of course we did an on-board booking (an open one. . .duh).

Hands down, SeaDream owns the Caribbean. I am forever spoiled. I now have a love/hate with these guys. I used to justify dashing off on one of the mass lines cheaply just to get out of the dreadful Ohio weather. Will I ever be able to do that again?

Bottom line: beg, borrow, steal. Whatever. Get thee on a SeaDream Yacht if you haven't already.

This from someone who's not easily impressed. Seriously.

Here's the thing. SeaDream teaches their crew to say YES.

Well, there is a God after all. Thanks for humoring me, Colonel. I adore you.

The wireless has been perfect, and fast as at home. Not sure if my iPad should get credit, or the wireless. I should note that I have not tried it out of the stateroom, but Matthew and Louis have told me it's awful outside.

We just returned from the Splash at Jost to discover the 3 G signal, and hence this post. Got tired of paying the wireless.

Yes, Michael is new. He's charming and very thorough. I have yet to meet one crew member who is less than perfect.

Honestly.

As for the captain, he seems very nice. He was on our crew walk excursion this morning at Jost van Dyke (note to anyone reading: unless you are fairly fit, you should NOT do this walk--very strenuous hills).

We were invited to dine with the captain last night, and honestly, we declined. Wanted to dine with our new-soon-to-be-old best friends, Jeff & Donna. Loves 'em. It wasn't that we didn't appreciate, but 7 days is too short, and at our age, you learn to do what pleases you.

Ok, so i'm a brat. But, I have fun. Please indulge (see my avatar for the whole story).

We had a blast last night. Soooooooooooooooooo much fun. I can't wait to get back and post pictures. Stay tuned.

Oh, and here's the thing. The captain has not run us aground once. :p. I like that in a captain.

Summary (for now):

Matthew tells me there is more gossip to come, but he won't tell me yet because i'm a tattle-tell. Stay tuned. I shall report as soon as I wrestle it out of him.

Hands down, SeaDream owns the Caribbean. I am forever spoiled. I now have a love/hate with these guys. I used to justify dashing off on one of the mass lines cheaply just to get out of the dreadful Ohio weather. Will I ever be able to do that again?

Bottom line: beg, borrow, steal. Whatever. Get thee on a SeaDream Yacht if you haven't already.

Sounds like we have another case of SD addiction:D:p:D!

I agree 100 percent with your assessment that NO ONE does the Caribbean like SD.

So glad you were able to have your splash at Jost! There is nothing like it! Well maybe the splash at Prickly Pear:D!

Good news on the wireless ... especially for ctbjr next month as he will then have NO excuse for not posting.

Too funny about turning down the Captain's invite. We have folks who we sailed with in March '09 who were on their first SD cruise and turned down Captain's Tysse's invite to have dinner with FT, zqvol, the jbcjtcers and us. You are not the first ...;)

Enjoy your last evening on board!

So far we've booked next christmas on SD2 - don't know what else yet. Thinking about Croatia and also thinking about the 10 day Rome to Rome, in the alternative thinking about just making the Christmas trip a b2b. Also seriously thinking about booking the Amazon trip in 2012 but somewhat skeptical about being able to take that much time off all at once....truth be told probably a bit more than somewhat skeptical - unless I clone myself .... What do you have your eye on for next year?

We're looking at spending Christmas on SD II also - bringing the "adult" kids again. I would love to do the Amazon - I could justify hopping on and off in Peru/Brazil for work related stops (skipping Barbados) but couldn't justify the single supplement as ZQ Vol will be in the middle of a semester. Had booked the B2B Istanbul to Venice this summer but its over a quarter end closing and that's a bear at work.. . can't take a chance of Internet issues like we had on the crossing.

Summary (for now):

Don't let anyone know but you can still escape on the mass market monsters to get away. It's not the same but some times you have to do what you have to do.

DJ, that is cruel! It is one of those rare rainy, cold (62F) days here in SoCal, the rain is pounding against my office window :mad:

Don't shoot me ... I'm just the messenger!:eek:

So happy for Teresa ... what an incredible way to spend the last few days before Christmas! Color me green ... with envy!!

At least DJ's DH is trying to ease the pain ... he picked the pimentos out of my olives and stuffed them with blue cheese. He's no Clint or Zoltan but I'll keep him!;)

If you have Trader Joes markets back there in the east, they have bottled blue-cheese stuffed olives that are quite good. Their garlic-stuffed olives are good too. We put them out at parties often and they always disappear :D

No Trader Joe's here in the Southeast ...

If I can't have Zoltie or Clint prepare the olives for my martini I will have to settle for DJ's DH's version!

Archived