Cruise Wedding Invitations

cuiser86

I need some suggestions on how much info needs to go on the wedding invitations.

For example, I don't the exact time we are getting married on the ship but I know everyone has to be there by 10am to board.

Next how to I do my RSVPs? I have to know legal name and date of birth of all non-sailing guests right so do I ask for that info on there or call them later?

For the sailing guests do I send a separate handout with the excursion info and details of sailing or just send it with the invitation. I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what needs to be sent to both sailing and non sailing guests.

Any suggestion or templates would greatly be appreciated. I need help.

I did the passport wedding invitations so I had a few "pages" to work with to include some general info. I put down: the date, time, ship, my travel agents name and #, the hotel name and number where we blocked rooms for the night before taking off and the islands we were visiting. For me, it helped a lot to create a wedding website and that's where I included all of the information from pricing on the cruise to the excursions. Then I just added the wedding website link to the invitation (of course ppl still asked me all the time what the site was but once they got there they had all the info they needed!) I was going to later send out folders to those who responded as "sailing" with essentially print outs from the website with all the info but I just didnt have time and didnt want another "project"!

For the RSVPs, I had 3 options- attending and sailing, attending and not sailing (and then had a space for the birthdate, needed per customs) and then not attending. We only ran into a few guests who were not sailing and did not include their birthdates. In fact, I think the majority of ppl included their birthdate whether they were sailing or not so at least I had more info than I needed!

Hope that helps!!

Before we let anyone know we set up a website with ALL the information (www.weddingwire.com/daisha).

We then let everyone know BEFORE we mailed out save-the-dates by emailing a letter to everyone (I will gladly email it to you if you need a visual). One, because we wanted to give everyone the 'heads up' since sailing is an option and people may need time to put in for vacation time and because we know that people may need save money in order to book.

Our next step was to have save-the-dates made (waiting for them to be delivered). This only included basic info (see link below).

Lastly, we will send formal invites that will include date, time to board, cruise terminal address, and sailing time. We are asking everyone to RSVP via our website (to save on an added expense), and we will then send an email to those who have RSVP to request their birth dates and whatever else is needed to board the ship.

The only thing we are not giving non-sailing guest are the welcome aboard newsletter we will create, and the special gift we are giving to sailing guest. Included in our newsletter will be our dinner plans for the evening to continue our celebration and our plans for the week. Guest can choose to join us, or plan their own events.

STD_proof2.pdf

i feel like the best approach is to give people information as needed...

a year in advance we sent out the save the date magnets (with an enclosure basically stating that both sailing & nonsailing guests were invited to attend the wedding. on the enclosure i had itinerary of the cruise, dates, carnival's number to book cabin, group number, min. deposit required to book room).

then around the 6 month marker i sent out invitations with rsvp postcards (with the options of sailing, nonsailing, regrets).

as people rsvp yes as sailing or nonsailing guest, that's when i've been mailing them the brochure with info regarding travel arrangements, hotel info, etc...also directing them to the website with ALL information regarding all wedding festivities).

so far this is working out just fine. i've only received rsvps for about half of the invities i've sent out...but my rsvp by date isn't until march 1st (so i guess most people are taking advantage of the time i'm giving them to respond!)

I did the passport wedding invitations so I had a few "pages" to work with to include some general info. I put down: the date, time, ship, my travel agents name and #, the hotel name and number where we blocked rooms for the night before taking off and the islands we were visiting. For me, it helped a lot to create a wedding website and that's where I included all of the information from pricing on the cruise to the excursions. Then I just added the wedding website link to the invitation (of course ppl still asked me all the time what the site was but once they got there they had all the info they needed!) I was going to later send out folders to those who responded as "sailing" with essentially print outs from the website with all the info but I just didnt have time and didnt want another "project"!

For the RSVPs, I had 3 options- attending and sailing, attending and not sailing (and then had a space for the birthdate, needed per customs) and then not attending. We only ran into a few guests who were not sailing and did not include their birthdates. In fact, I think the majority of ppl included their birthdate whether they were sailing or not so at least I had more info than I needed!

Hope that helps!!

I'm doing something similar to attorneybride2010 - and I'm in the process of doing our passport invitations as well (off topic - attorneybride, did you make your passports yourself or get them done? If you did them yourself which program did you use to design them, I've tried a bunch and haven't had a bunch of luck !:o)

We sent out boarding pass save the dates 14 months in advance, have a website set up with all the information (but people, young, and old, are still asking me for the address of the website and for the information on it) and plan on including information on excursions etc. in the invitations since there is more room.

The RSVP card will request all necessary info (birthdate, full name on passport etc.) and if they aren't comfortable mailing that information to us, they can call us. Most people on my fiance's side have done this before so they know the drill. My side will have a significantly smaller representation so I can call each of them if necessary.

I believe all of our guests will be sailing, but it is such a diverse independant group that we aren't planning any group activities once on board. We will let everyone know what excursions we are planning and what we've researched as good, but letting everyone choose from there. We'll also not include the excursion information for the one where we want to be just alone - as the families don't quite understand that we don't really want them around us 24/7! (We tried putting a subtle hint that we don't want them booking their rooms right beside us and letting them know where on the ship we are and worded it so that out friends at least understood our intentions, unfortunately none of the family did and ended up fighting for all the rooms close to us. My mom even through a fit that his family had booked before her and took the rooms right next to us! We've since moved floors and haven't told anyone. We were magically 'upgraded' lol)

I think the key thing for any destination wedding is getting the information out - whether it be by word of mouth, website, newsletters, or as a detailed invitation package. You'll still get calls and it is always appropriate to call the invitee if more information is needed.

I think the key thing for any destination wedding is getting the information out - whether it be by word of mouth, website, newsletters, or as a detailed invitation package. You'll still get calls and it is always appropriate to call the invitee if more information is needed.

this is great advice!

We set up our website right away, and we're already texting and telling people the web address, and new people keep visiting it!

We're sending save the dates about 15 months out (just a card with a magnet), boarding pass invitations about 9-10 months out, and then a presailing brochure with a luggage tag for each booked guest about one month before we sail.

Archived