Liberty ,Main deck or Riviera

thesawch

Just wondering if anyone has stayed on the forward Main deck or forward Riviera deck on the Liberty.There is a great price for a cruise and I get the option of either deck.I was on the Liberty before and stayed on deck 8 and never been down that far so any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks

I was on Main deck on the Freedom in September ( same class of ship, identical deck plans ). I had a forward 1a, porthole room. The only motion I noticed on some nights was a gentle rocking. I actually liked it, like being rocked to sleep, gently. this only a couple of nights though and otherwise noticed nothing unpleasant motion wise. You could hear the waves hitting the bow when seas were a little high, but again, for me at least nothing that bothered me.

Last year on the Liberty I was on Riviera deck, but towards the back ( which some say you notice the motion there as well ) That time there was no or very little noticeable motion, and also very quiet. The Liberty is a great ship by the way, whichever you choose, have a great cruise!:)

I was on main (mid ship) last year. I had no issues. We never had real long waits for the elevator dining room was just a couple of floors up. I think either way you will have fun. If your not super impressed w/ your room go find something fun to do!!

Mid deck has less motion, but that being said, unless its under the galley, its half a dozen of one, 6 of the other. Lots of elevator time, one deck more of less wouldnt matter.

Just pick one and enjoy. All the way aft, there will be a vibration.

I've been directly under the galley on Main Deck on three cruises, soon to be four, and have never heard a peep. Where as if you're forward on Riviera, you may have issues hearing the anchor and such.

hlb76,i think you were on our liberty cruise last january to the eastern Carribbean. I think it was the jan 30 th cruise if I can remember.And i see your cruising the same time asus again but differant ship. cool!!

Yes we sailed that same cruise. Had a great time as well! It was our first 7 day and for now we just can't go back to the 5 day. I'm sureyou will ahve a great time on her again. Too bad Butch is gone. I really liked him but maybe it was cuz we where both from Minnesota.

Guess great minds think alike when sailing. We found great rates on flights and the cruise on Splendor. Plus we where ready for something different. Let's hope Mexico is as nice as the Caribbean.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed on the forward Main deck or forward Riviera deck on the Liberty.There is a great price for a cruise and I get the option of either deck.I was on the Liberty before and stayed on deck 8 and never been down that far so any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks

We stayed on the Main deck balcony room on the Valor and loved it. I was a bit apprehensive because I thought we'd hear lots of noise from the Lido Deck but that wasn't the case. It was nice to be able to walk out of your room and right on to the Lido deck. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to take that room on the Liberty as they are identical ships.

I've been directly under the galley on Main Deck on three cruises, soon to be four, and have never heard a peep. Where as if you're forward on Riviera, you may have issues hearing the anchor and such.

Others under the kitchen have all complained. You are the first one who didnt hear anything .. Im not talking about the dining room, just the kitchen itself. Im thinking you were not directly under the kitchen or not in your cabin then when they were cooking.

We stayed on the Main deck balcony room on the Valor and loved it. I was a bit apprehensive because I thought we'd hear lots of noise from the Lido Deck but that wasn't the case. It was nice to be able to walk out of your room and right on to the Lido deck. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to take that room on the Liberty as they are identical ships.

You stayed on the Main and walked out of your room right onto the Lido deck?

• 4 weeks later...
DW and I have sailed Liberty 3 times. Sailed Outside room mid-ship on riviera and main Deck and had no issues of any type, motion, noise, odor, etc. Enjoy your cruise.

We are booked on the Liberty for our third time this May. This will be our first Balcony room on the liberty.

I had an ocean view room on the main deck of the Glory which is very similar we had connecting rooms 2293/2297 this was a great room and good location for getting on and off the ship when in ports...beat the crowds that jammed the elevators and stairwells.... very quiet also

Archived