Fiesta at Rita's Worth It?

Here is a picture of it at night:

2340138580106767994S600x600Q85.jpg

This was our meal, a fajita for two, a taco salad and two frozen margaritas. The fajitas were the best I have ever eaten, the beef was so tender. The service was the slowest I have ever received.

2456104540106767994S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I have been waiting to see the food there. Sounds really good about the fajitas too!!

• 1 month later...

Sailing on april 24th and I just review western caribbean compasses from the week of january 16th. it looks likethe Rita's Festive Night was on Thursday, the same night as the second formal dinner? has anyone been recently and can this be confirmed? I really want to do the mexican celbration, but I don't want to miss a formal dinner either?!? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Sailing on april 24th and I just review western caribbean compasses from the week of january 16th. it looks likethe Rita's Festive Night was on Thursday, the same night as the second formal dinner? has anyone been recently and can this be confirmed? I really want to do the mexican celbration, but I don't want to miss a formal dinner either?!? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Rita's Fiesta is scheduled for Wednesday night but I have heard they have added a second fiesta night on some cruises and it might have been Thursday.

b-man, you and your lovely bride are on the cruise with us. we have already reserved the festival and it is wednesday nite. it books fast,i'd call soon.

Does anyone know if you can substitute 3 beers for the 3 margaritas? My wife doesn't like margaritas, but would drink Corona or Dos Equis. If they won't, I suppose we can just cancel her $20 reservation and pay for the $10 non-alcohol one and pay for beers.

Does anyone know if you can substitute 3 beers for the 3 margaritas? My wife doesn't like margaritas, but would drink Corona or Dos Equis. If they won't, I suppose we can just cancel her $20 reservation and pay for the $10 non-alcohol one and pay for beers.

Yes you can. When you check in, you receive a wrist band with three tabs. Each time that you order a drink, you give them a tab. I saw people ordering beer, margaritas, bottled water, sodas, etc.

This thread is timely for me- I was just browsing through the interactive Onboard Experience thing on the RCI website and saw this and thought it sounded like a very good deal. It will be one of the first things I reserve after I book our trip! (Right after the shows, character dining (for the rugrats) and before my spa treatments!

Hey Michele, you should book Enchantment with us. Baltimore is just a short drive from WV! :D

Oh, SO tempting! I've been saying that I want to try the different classes on Royal... Unfortunately, those little things called KIDS kind-of get in the way of my social schedule. ;)

ETA: We are planning a big family cruise for next fall... waiting for the itineraries to come out. I'll keep you posted and you can join our CRAZY family! :D

Thanks for all the insight everyone...I think we will book the Fiesta on Wed night..can anyone else confirm lobster night? Is it always the second formal night, Thursday the 28th in this case? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the insight everyone...I think we will book the Fiesta on Wed night..can anyone else confirm lobster night? Is it always the second formal night, Thursday the 28th in this case? Thanks in advance!

b-man,i think lobster and 2nd formal is friday. help, anyone?

It is the second formal night. If you're on the western itinerary then it's the day that you're in Costa Maya.

Just did the latest Western cruise and Thursday was our second formal night. We did Rita's Fiesta on Wednesday and it was a blast!! We went by Thursday after dinner and the crowd was smaller and not as festive. My wife ordered beers instead of margaritas.

Don't get too hopeful about lobster. My lobster was overcooked and flavorless. I sent it back and ordered prime rib for a second time on the cruise and was much happier.

Archived