any other Ruby Princess brides April 10 2011

haha well... what hasn't been an issue is a better way to put it. The venue I requested, was "unavailable" ... then I found out someone who booked it for a group gathering. I was pretty mad considering I requested it a year prior. :mad:

They wanted almost $400 for a special bouquet I requested. :eek: I am just sticking with the rose boquet to make it easier for them and bringing my own silk flower arrangments... :rolleyes:

They said I needed to purchase a food and beverage package with a reception but my guests and myself wouldn’t eat half the stuff that’s in the package so I requested to change a few of them. I was told this wasn't an option. At this point I was saying the hell with TWE, im going through guest services where I can order portions of this and portions of that. However, I was told if I didn’t purchase food and beverage through TWE they could not reserve the venue. AGH!!!! So after many months of bickering back and forth and getting NOWHERE with ANYTHING... I had a conference call last Friday with the supervisor of TWE, guest services rep for the Ruby, my father and myself. In the end, we still didn’t get things completed. Hopefully in the next few weeks things will be finalized.

I am getting the cake I want, for a cost of just over $500… I’m praying that it turns out like I requested. I asked them the other day what happens to the cake that came in the package that I already paid for and they said it should be a credit towards my special order cake, but they will have to look into it to see what the discount would be. If I didn’t bring that up they would have charged me the full price/have me pay for a cake I wasn’t getting. These are just minor details that they ‘miss’ that I think they should be aware of.

They seem very unorganised and unsure of what to do with any special requests. You NEED to be FIRM with them, you are the customer and you are paying AND its YOUR WEDDING!!!! Be sure to make sure you make it clear what you are asking for. I’ve heard that you need to print off all the email communication you have with TWE and bring it on board so you have proof of what should have been pre-arranged. I’ve read people have gotten on board and no special requests have been relayed to the boat.

I think they are use to people just wanting the main package and no special requests, small groups, etc. I have a group of about 60 ish people coming along.

HAPPY PLANNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) fingers crossed!

Wow, horror! :eek:

Luckily I've got a very small party 12-25 and I'm not doing a reception, just dinner as usual in the dining rooms. My only special request will be my flowers, as we've discussed.

I guess we just need to keep telling ourselves it'll all be worth it. I'm sure we'd be having similar problems with a regular wedding too :)

Hello!

We got married on Tuesday 12.07.10 at Sea on The Ruby Princess. We kept our expectations low so we would not be dissapointed. We were pleasantly surprised and everything turned out wonderful! We were married at 3:30 outside on the aft deck by Sabatinis. It was a beautiful spot! They told us that our guests would not be able to hear us and that there would be no mic. We didn't care because we preferred the scenery rather than the chapel. When we arrived to the wedding location all of the chairs were set up, flowers, candles, and a microphone. It was so beautiful. Our guests heard us just fine and we were so happy with how everything turned out! We had 34 in our group, including us. After the wedding we went to Crooners Lounge and had our own cocktail hour, then had dinner in the dining room. They had all of our tables set pretty close and it worked out great. We had our cake and champagne in the dining room waiting for us. After dinner, we went back to Crooners lounge and treated our guests to more cocktails. We socialized and then later on went on to Fushion, and Skywalkers for dancing and fun. We even got to slow dance and didn't even have to reserve a venue or anything. We totally went with the flow - and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. I just wanted to post this for all of those that are currently planning to help rid the worries! The coordinator on the ship is very helpful and you meet with them the day you arrive on the ship - all of that information is waiting for you in your cabin...that would have been nice to know prior! :) Good luck to all. We had an amazing time and wouldn't change a thing.

12.jpg.b805c45a8bff9d8f7c89c6bccd272f70.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am getting married on the Ruby on 4/3/11 in Port Everglades. We have been working with Alexandria and she is pretty good with following up. I've enjoyed reading the posts about other's experiences!

Hi am getting Married on April 14 2011 on the ruby princess

• 1 year later...

Hello,

We will be married onboard the Ruby Princess on Nov 13th 2012. I am looking for advice on what I should plan for now with the outside vendor coordinator and what you were able to accomplish on the ship with the wedding coordinator.

I would also like to know if you were married in the chapel or on deck with pros and cons for both please ;)

Wedding planning on a cruise is a little challenging for a control freak :)

Thank you for any advice you can share!!!

Gina

Archived