White Christmas

Giantfan13

Agree with you Len, the only sure way to know what the weather is doing is to look out the window. Here we have had a White Christmas, enough snow to be pretty but not enough to cause too much trouble. Just right.

How are Len and the others surviving in the NYC area, plus, as the New York Post put it this am about the "ICE COAST" from North Carolina to Maine, etc.? What does it look like out the windows there?

From the Telegraph in London, they have this headline: "Government knew Heathrow was not prepared for snow" with these highlights: "The aviation minister admitted that the government knew about Heathrow's inadequate preparations for winter as she confirmed that airports could face fines when passengers have their travel disrupted." Clearly the Heathrow operator screwed up and will be fined. BUT, lots of travelers have suffered in the mess there.

More details:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/8225790/Theresa-Villiers-government-knew-Heathrow-was-not-prepared-for-snow.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 27,300 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

How are Len and the others surviving in the NYC area, plus, as the New York Post put it this am about the "ICE COAST" from North Carolina to Maine, etc.? What does it look like out the windows there?

Never again do I start a thread about snow, White Christmas's or lending fellow posters any shovels (my idea of humor).

Thanks for the concern Terry

We got DUMPED on, and good. My area got about 23 inches of snow (that's almost 2FEET, for those that didn't major in math), and across the street seemed like half that. The wind was just howling and blowing in our direction. Took me, and the rest of us home today, a good part of the day to shovel out. And yes, the Long Island RR was shut down most of the day (it's an outside line and snow on the tracks was just too high), the airports were shut down most of the day.

I read on the NCL board, the Jewel was suppose to sail at 4PM on Sunday, in the heart of the storm. And many stupid people who decided to fly in the morning of the crusie, were just out of luck. No flights in most of the day.

anyway, I'm going to soak my aching back.

White Christmas Phooey

Cheers

Len

Never again do I start a thread about snow, White Christmas's or lending fellow posters any shovels (my idea of humor). We got DUMPED on, and good. My area got about 23 inches of snow (that's almost 2FEET, for those that didn't major in math), and across the street seemed like half that. anyway, I'm going to soak my aching back. White Christmas Phooey Cheers. Len

THANKS, Len, for the update! Glad you're recovering. BUT, we won't mention how the Giants "packed it in" when visiting Green Bay and couldn't get back to NYC after their 45-17 loss. Then the Jets lose, but get in the playoffs. The NY Post summed it up: "There it goes. The facade that this is a formidable defense. The charade that the offense plays with poise and smarts. The grasp the Giants had on what comes next. Perhaps the grasp Tom Coughlin has on his job."

You noted: "Thanks for the concern Terry". Yes, we've been worried about you having any sharp knives around your house. It's been a very challenging period. Don't do anything too desperate. They just said on TV that all three of the NYC area airport are now open. It will take many days to get recovered and caught up. You need a cruise, soon. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 27,375 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

THANKS, Len, for the update! Glad you're recovering. BUT, we won't mention how the Giants "packed it in" when visiting Green Bay and couldn't get back to NYC after their 45-17 loss. Then the Jets lose, but get in the playoffs. The NY Post summed it up: "There it goes. The facade that this is a formidable defense. The charade that the offense plays with poise and smarts. The grasp the Giants had on what comes next. Perhaps the grasp Tom Coughlin has on his job."

You noted: "Thanks for the concern Terry". Yes, we've been worried about you having any sharp knives around your house. It's been a very challenging period. Don't do anything too desperate. They just said on TV that all three of the NYC area airport are now open. It will take many days to get recovered and caught up. You need a cruise, soon. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

We did get away to Atlantic City for a few days. they had more snow than we did. Roads were OK, and we made it safely there and back. Worst part is, AC is sort of Eagles territory, and to make things worse, my license plate is GIANTFAN. Doesn't go over to well in this area. But this time I had nothing to smile about, just nod and hope we can get to the playoffs to get back at them. Doesn't look good though.

Yes sir, it sure has been a rough two weeks, and a thought of a cruise to a nice warm climate would be great, but not this year. Expecting our first grandchild in a few weeks.:):):):):)

Cheers

Len

We did get away to Atlantic City for a few days. they had more snow than we did. Roads were OK, and we made it safely there and back. Worst part is, AC is sort of Eagles territory, and to make things worse, my license plate is GIANTFAN. Doesn't go over to well in this area. But this time I had nothing to smile about, just nod and hope we can get to the playoffs to get back at them. Doesn't look good though.

Yes sir, it sure has been a rough two weeks, and a thought of a cruise to a nice warm climate would be great, but not this year. Expecting our first grandchild in a few weeks.:):):):):)

Cheers

Len

Len, "sort of"??? It IS Eagles territory. We just graciously let the NY fans spend time among us. We were in AC for a few hours on Wednesday, too. They received 19 inches there, and that doesn't happen too often.

I hope your new grandchild comes in sunny skies. But fear not, we are expecting a new little Eagles fan (grandchild) in April!

First Run on the OCNJ boardwalk has been moved to the beach because of all the snow on the boards.

Happy New Year!

Andrea

I hope your new grandchild comes in sunny skies. But fear not, we are expecting a new little Eagles fan (grandchild) in April!

Thanks Andrea. As I said, it is our first, and we are as excited as can be.

Congrats to you also.

Cheers

Len

Len ~ CONGRATULATIONS on a the impending birth!!! Grandkids a just a pure joy - we have two grandsons!

And ditto on NO wishes for a White Christmas! We went to our son's (the hated Dallas fan!) in NJ (Eatontown) for Christmas and an over-night and got stranded there!! Finally got out Tuesday and drove to DC (NO snow!) for a combination work/birthday/New Year's trip! Got home late yesterday (Saturday) and our street is still bad! and there's been NO garbage pick-up since Dec. 22nd!!! At least we left the shoveling to our youngest son!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh for warm weather!

Archived