share your cruise-wear shopping secrets!

SwingChickie

i'm just a couple of weeks out from my next cruise, and the shopping bug has hit again. :) every time we book a cruise, right before the trip i get a hankering for a new sundress or other cute outfit to wear on the trip. so i'll throw the question out to my fellow CC-ers: what are your favorite stores/websites to find great-looking ship-wear?

i'll share my go-to website: athleta.com. they have great sundresses that are practically wrinkle-proof, and many of them are A-line so they fit girls like me who do not have a model's physique.

I am a fan of ExOfficio clothes, particularly the convertible men's pants that convert from full length to shorts and back very quickly. That way I have two pairs of pants in one! Also, they are very thin, pack very easily and are easily hand washed in the bathroom sink and dry very quickly (easily by the next day).

I take two pairs of the convertible pants and 5 pairs of their excellet underwear plus washable cotton button-up shirts.

Another item I bring are the Smartwool socks, they wash and dry easily and are so good on your feet for those long walks ashore!

We also bring 3 or 4 ShamWow drying cloths. It pays to be prepared!

Bill

Archived