Destiny review: 12/13/10

slydplumber

Okay this is our first cruise and review, and I want to let all other 1st timers know that The Destiny is a great choice ! I found no problems worth mentioning here. As with anything mechanical, problems will occur, but not this trip.

Okay the good stuff:

Food: EXCELLENT: Omelette's in the Galaxy MDR are outstanding!

Staff: EXCELLENT: Our stewards, Ni Luh (nee-lou) and Agung (?) were very helpful, respectful, and always smiling. After day one always called us by name. Big "D" was our waiter, the same is said for him, there was another guy but he moved so fast I never got his name. but he knew ours.

Stateroom: OKAY: room #6186, balcony, furnishings a little dated, but for the cost and purpose it was okay

Pre/Post Cruise: Stayed at the Hampton Airport (Miami), book through http://www.stay123.com, great rates, and other hotel sections as well. Stayed day before and day after, no problems, outstanding room and service, and breakfast.

The ship in general was in fine shape, and since this was my first cruise, I did not know what to expect. I thought it was going to be over the top Las Vegas,

but it looked to me like an upscale mall. My wife and I had a blast, I highly recommend the Destiny to anyone considering her. Also let me add, there is a slight sewer smell, but really, where do you think your waste is going. It has to be stored until it can be dumped, and is really only noticeable the last day of the cruise, reaching capacity I guess. I only noticed it on the lower decks ("s**t rolls downhill") I'll be posting some pics from the ports we visited soon. Thanks to all the CC members who been there done that. You have helped make planing an absolute breeze!!

okay for some reason CC will not let me attach photos, says security token missing. so heres a link to my FB photos, enjoy:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44819&id=1824830506&l=4573eaa019

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45191&id=1824830506&l=1702438b3e

okay for some reason CC will not let me attach photos, says security token missing. so heres a link to my FB photos, enjoy:

You may need to upload your pics to a photo site like photobucket.com and post the links here.

Thanks for the review when I get home I will check out your pics. I am considering the destiny for my next cruise.

Thanks for the review and sharing the pics. We are crusing on Destiny in March with friends. We're surprising the kids tomorrow when our friends come over for dinner. It's been so hard not to say anything, so I can't wait to let them in on the secret. I made a DVD slide show for them to watch to tell them. I know exactly when my kids will start jumping up and down with excitement. This will be their 5th cruise, but we've always gone several years between cruises. This will only be 8 months since our last cruise. It's a first cruise for our friend's kids, so my kids will spend the rest of the evening telling them what to expect.

Froufie, did not attend fairwell party. We did attend a show, they were doing a cotton club review, it was pretty good. took in the comedy club twice, two different performers, one was "R" rated the other did a family show, both were hilarious. as far as entertainment was concerned, we enjoyed karaoke the most. both me and my wife sang twice (first time doing it) it was a blast !

I Too did a Review we just got off the Destiny Yesterday and WOW What a Blast..It was far better than what we expected and far better than the NCL cruise we were on...Check out my Review of the Destiny As well :)

Loved your Review as this was our Kids 1st cruise and they are still talking about it and cant wait for the Next One...This was a Surprise Cruise for them too...Boy were they excited...

Wow is all I can say Everyone.....Ok Here goes: WE had a BLAST!!!

We boarded Saturday the Destiny. We arrived and checked our bags curbside and proceeded into security. The Whole Embarkation took us 15 minutes and we were on this beautiful Ship by 11:45.

After the Kids going OMG WOW this is awesome we figured we would have lunch up on the Lido deck. Yes the lines were long but not Unbearable. Not only were we able to check into our rooms at 1:30 they were spotless as was the ship.

Our Bags arrived in our room at 3:15.

Rooms: We had an interior Room with the Bunk Beds OMG we could not believe how BIG they were...

We were busy all the time...The Entertainment was excellent . We loved the shows even the Kids

the Kids decided not to attend the Camp/Teen Club and either way had so much fun.....

Food: Excellent and Much better than NCL...and for Captains Night Our son ate 14 Lobster Tails...

Jamaica We left the ship and took a tour thru Maxi Tours Mr Durant was our Driver we had a bus full and we only spent 80 bucks for all 4 of us and then some tips and so glad we didnt do it thru Carnival for that one..We went driving thru the Rain Forest and then they took us "downtown Ochos Rios" and surprisingly very nice for Jamaica..Our tour guide was great she took us into the stores and we got such a bargin on the shirts: 7 Shirts for 25.00

Cayman Islands: We went to Turtles, Turtles and More Turtles thru Carnival and then we saw alot of the Island then went to "Margaritaville" for Lunch and WOW it was delicious the service was fantastic as well as our "DRINKS"

We then walked around a little bit and then boarded the Tender and went back to the ship...

Wed Night: Great Show, Great Food

I will say there was a sewer smell" the 1st 3 days and it was only in one part of the ship however it really wasn't a big deal...I will Tell you the Service was Impeccable and the Staff WOW...Very Impressed....

Overall We had the Best Time and have decided to book another Carnival Thinking about the Liberty next...

Definately will be sailing on the Destiny Again!!!!!!!

Staci

I

I will say there was a sewer smell" the 1st 3 days and it was only in one part of the ship however it really wasn't a big deal...

Staci

Swimmom: Where did you smell this?

Slydplumber: our cabin is midship on the main deck....

Let me know what areas to avoid...I don't want to smell sewer!

thanks,

Peg

oh yes one more thing, if you are considering the Airport Hampton, the shuttle to the seaport was free, however they will not pick you up from the seaport, even if you have a reservation, you will have to take a cab. ours was 32.00[/quote

Did you stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami West?

Okay this is our first cruise and review, and I want to let all other 1st timers know that The Destiny is a great choice ! I found no problems worth mentioning here. As with anything mechanical, problems will occur, but not this trip.

Okay the good stuff:

Food: EXCELLENT: Omelette's in the Galaxy MDR are outstanding!

Staff: EXCELLENT: Our stewards, Ni Luh (nee-lou) and Agung (?) were very helpful, respectful, and always smiling. After day one always called us by name. Big "D" was our waiter, the same is said for him, there was another guy but he moved so fast I never got his name. but he knew ours.

Stateroom: OKAY: room #6186, balcony, furnishings a little dated, but for the cost and purpose it was okay

Pre/Post Cruise: Stayed at the Hampton Airport (Miami), book through http://www.stay123.com, great rates, and other hotel sections as well. Stayed day before and day after, no problems, outstanding room and service, and breakfast.

The ship in general was in fine shape, and since this was my first cruise, I did not know what to expect. I thought it was going to be over the top Las Vegas,

but it looked to me like an upscale mall. My wife and I had a blast, I highly recommend the Destiny to anyone considering her. Also let me add, there is a slight sewer smell, but really, where do you think your waste is going. It has to be stored until it can be dumped, and is really only noticeable the last day of the cruise, reaching capacity I guess. I only noticed it on the lower decks ("s**t rolls downhill") I'll be posting some pics from the ports we visited soon. Thanks to all the CC members who been there done that. You have helped make planing an absolute breeze!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44819&id=1824830506&l=4573eaa019

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45191&id=1824830506&l=1702438b3e

Did you fly in to Miami or Drive? If you drove, did you leave your car at the hotel? thanks! Can't wait til our Destiny cruises! we have a B2B in March/ April!

Archived