How is the Main Dining on NCL Jade?

cruiseman111111

How is the food in Main Dining on the NCL JADE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How is the food in Main Dining on the NCL JADE

I thought the main dinner rooms were just ok. First time on any cruise ship that I thought a meal was stingy. I liked the specialty restaurants. Really liked lobster tacos in the mexican restaurant and the asian very good. Zelda

We just returned from a 12 day cruise on the Jade and we all felt the MDR food was overall good. There were 2 nights we chose not to eat there as they post the menu outside and we did not see anything really appealling so we ate the the buffett or Blue Lagoon. We often ordered 2 appetizers if there were more than one that looked good as the serving sizes are a little small. The main course was a little off to our taste a couple nights, but they do have several always offered options including salmon, steak and grilled chicken which were safe fall backs when we did not feel too adventurous. We thought the service was very good overall with only one night the waiter was not to friendly, but other nights they were very good. Most meals took a little over an hour total, so just give yourself some time.

Thanks

We just returned from a 12 day cruise on the Jade and we all felt the MDR food was overall good. There were 2 nights we chose not to eat there as they post the menu outside and we did not see anything really appealling so we ate the the buffett or Blue Lagoon. We often ordered 2 appetizers if there were more than one that looked good as the serving sizes are a little small. The main course was a little off to our taste a couple nights, but they do have several always offered options including salmon, steak and grilled chicken which were safe fall backs when we did not feel too adventurous. We thought the service was very good overall with only one night the waiter was not to friendly, but other nights they were very good. Most meals took a little over an hour total, so just give yourself some time.

Thanks LMHC,

Just wondering (this may be a silly question), did the food take a whole hour to get to your table once ordered? Or do you mean the whole thing was an hour including eating time? (1 hour to wait for your meal seems a little extreme?)....

I'm Curious... Thanks!:confused:

Thanks for this thread as my husband and I were undecided about whether to book a cruise on NCL Jade as we quite like dressing for dinner. This thread has put our minds at rest and so, hopefully, we'll be booking tomorrow for Eastern Mediterranean Delight on 6th March 2011.

I was on the Jade in November and posted a review. There are quite a few pictures of the food, which I thought was great!

http://reviewthis213.blogspot.com/2010/11/norwegian-jade-review.html

I love your photos, including those of the meals!

As an aside, I thought I had heard that they finally replaced all the Jade stateroom televisions with LCD flat screens. Judging from your room photo, I was misinformed?

Thanks LMHC,

Just wondering (this may be a silly question), did the food take a whole hour to get to your table once ordered? Or do you mean the whole thing was an hour including eating time? (1 hour to wait for your meal seems a little extreme?)....

I'm Curious... Thanks!:confused:

The whole process took a little over an hour. First (breads, drink, ordering) then appetizers, at times more than one, main course, then desserts, at times more than one. Most nights things kept flowing pretty well once the first appetizer showed up.

I liked Bella's food photos also...Maybe in the future cruise lines will just give you pictures of food. (to eat!)

I love your photos, including those of the meals!

As an aside, I thought I had heard that they finally replaced all the Jade stateroom televisions with LCD flat screens. Judging from your room photo, I was misinformed?

One mans meat is another mans poison.

A poll about something as subjective as food is not a great idea IMHO but for what it is worth I thoroughly enjoyed the food on the 2 nights I was on board.

Not voting though.

Isn't that the whole idea of a poll?

I was disappointed in the food in the Jade's main dining rooms and felt that they might be trying to convince people to go to the speciality restaurants.

Some dishes were good, but othere were not very good or were extremely skimpy (e.g. 4 tiny scallops as a main course.) The menus were also somewhat repetitive, perhaps because it was not the standard 7 day cruise.

Thanks for this thread as my husband and I were undecided about whether to book a cruise on NCL Jade as we quite like dressing for dinner. This thread has put our minds at rest and so, hopefully, we'll be booking tomorrow for Eastern Mediterranean Delight on 6th March 2011.

We are on this cruise as well! Please join our roll call if you book.

We sailed on the Jade with our 3 DDs in August. We ate in both MDRs and thought the food was good to very good on the nights we ate there. DDs loved Teppanaki and we all liked Cagney's.

My wife and I have been on approximately 15 cruises. Just returned last month from the NCL Jade in the Med. Our first experience with NCL. It will absolutely be out last. The MDR menu, serice and the actual food were far and away the worst of any cruiseline we have sailed with.

Oops, guess I wasted my $ for 4-29-11 cruise!!!

My wife and I have been on approximately 15 cruises. Just returned last month from the NCL Jade in the Med. Our first experience with NCL. It will absolutely be out last. The MDR menu, serice and the actual food were far and away the worst of any cruiseline we have sailed with.

• 1 month later...

Archived