HAL ship direct phone #s

SwingChickie

Hi everyone - we're getting ready for our 1st sailing on the Eurodam, and as we get everything packed I'm looking for the ship's phone #. Each time we cruise, we send the ship's direct # to our families so that they can reach us in case of an emergency (I've never had luck with cell coverage on sea days). I'm not seeing the phone # in my cruise documents, and can't locate it on the HAL website... can anyone point me to the phone # people use in case they need to reach a passenger?

Thanks so much!

I don't know about direct numbers. Looking through the HAL website I do see:

Telephone: Shore to Ship

Connecting to a Holland America Line vessel at sea is simple by using DialAShip.com. A credit card is required for all inbound phone calls to a ship. The rate is $USD16.00 per minute and billing begins at the time specified. Please have the ship's name, your party's name and stateroom number.

Instructions:

1. Dial 1-866-HAL-SHIP (1-866-425-7447). From outside the U.S. access 1-732-335-3278.
  2. Listen to the announcement.
  3. Listen to the menu and select the number that corresponds to the ship you are calling.
  4. If you receive a busy signal or message, please hang up quickly and try your call again.

I thought I remembered at one time when there was a list of direct numbers but I can't seem to locate them or find them on HAL. Maybe that doesn't work anymore? Maybe I'm thinking of a different cruise line.

Hi everyone - we're getting ready for our 1st sailing on the Eurodam, and as we get everything packed I'm looking for the ship's phone #. Each time we cruise, we send the ship's direct # to our families so that they can reach us in case of an emergency (I've never had luck with cell coverage on sea days). I'm not seeing the phone # in my cruise documents, and can't locate it on the HAL website... can anyone point me to the phone # people use in case they need to reach a passenger?

Thanks so much!

Here is the info I have

COMMUNICATION AT SEA

In Case of an Emergency Call 1-888-370-6711, You will need to know at the least; The Ship Name, the Name(s) of the Passenger(s) .And if Possible; their Booking Number and Stateroom Number.

Telephone: Direct ship-to-shore telephones are provided in each guest stateroom. You may easily place a call to friends, relatives or business associates during your cruise, reception permitting. Similarly, friends and family in the U.S. and Canada may contact Holland America Line ships by direct dialing the following number: 1-866-HAL-SHIP (1-866-425-7447)

Callers should know the ship name, party name and the stateroom number before dialing. Callers at home may also contact each ship directly by dialing the International Access # (011 from the U.S.), Ocean Code # and Ship #.

Ocean Codes: 870

Ship Numbers:

ms Amsterdam 324-437-011

ms Eurodam 764-857-176

ms Maasdam 764-611-948

ms Nieuw Amsterdam 1-888-370-6711

ms Noordam 324-602-821

ms Oosterdam 324-541-710

ms Prinsendam 324-412-610

ms Rotterdam 764-663-213

ms Ryndam 764-092-063

ms Statendam 764-343-692

ms Veendam 764-567-077

ms Volendam 324-596-816

ms Westerdam 324-412-810

ms Zaandam 324-644-212

ms Zuiderdam 324-530-410

For example: Someone calling from the U.S. to the ms Amsterdam would dial 011-870-324-437-011. Please Note: All phone calls, whether inbound or outbound, are charged a satellite tariff. Outbound calling rates are posted near your stateroom telephone and will be billed to your onboard account. These charges are applied to ALL calls including calls to 800, 877 and 888 numbers. Please do not use a credit card or phone card; your onboard account will be billed in addition to the cost of the phone card or credit card.

Collect calls are not possible from the ship.

Joanie

Joannie - That's the information I remember but I don't see that on HAL's site anymore. Wonder if what you posted still works or if HAL has gone to a different system per my posting? Interesting.

It is no longer listed on HAL's Site, BUT back a couple of months ago I pulled it out of a folder (I copy and paste this type of info and save it in a .txt format on my PC) and used one of the listed numbers for a family member of one of our HAL cruisers who needed to get a hold of his parents who were aboard a HAL ship (cannot remember the name of the ship)

When I called the Main 1-866-425-7447 the nice lady that answered told me those are still good numbers. She said they no longer publish them anywhere as they prefer to have us all use 1-866-425-7447 Instead.

It USED to be under Cruising FAQ's and on the Boarding Docs.....

Joanie

The information IRL Joanie provided is in the Know Before You Go brochure, page 15.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets//cruise-vacation-onboard/KBYG.pdf

The information Randyk47 provided is in the "For Booked Guests" section of the HAL website.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Shipboard+Life&contentMenu=Onboard+Communications&contentSubMenu=Telephone,+Fax+%26+Mail

The information IRL Joanie provided is in the Know Before You Go brochure, page 15.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets//cruise-vacation-onboard/KBYG.pdf

The information Randyk47 provided is in the "For Booked Guests" section of the HAL website.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Shipboard+Life&contentMenu=Onboard+Communications&contentSubMenu=Telephone,+Fax+%26+Mail

I could not remember where exactly it came from so could not update the Nieuw Amsterdam's number.

Thanks to you I am updated now:)

Joanie

I also leave the number for relatives when we are gone, but also tell them that it costs $9.95 per minute so it could be a very expensive way to just say "hello". If there is nothing I can do about it from where I am, save it until I get home or send an email. If you stop and think how much you are in your room, your chances of getting the call are very slim. I know they can leave a message but then you start playing the game of Phone Tag.

OPPPS, just checked it is now $16 per minute - ouch!

Connecting to a Holland America Line vessel at sea is simple by using DialAShip.com. A credit card is required for all inbound phone calls to a ship. The rate is $USD16.00 per minute and billing begins at the time specified. Please have the ship's name, your party's name and stateroom number.

OPPPS, just checked it is now $16 per minute - ouch!

WOW -- that has gotten expensive.

Archived