What type of carry-on luggage?

bertieboop1

one 12 pack of either water or soda per person in carry-on only. It has been mentioned that Carnival doesn't really pay attn to how big the cans/bottles are as long as it's a max of 12 pp. Some folks have successfully taken 12 20oz sodas per person. I bought a small (roughly 12x12x12, give or take) collapsible cooler that had wheels and a handle, much like a rolling carry-on. Was able to fit all 24 drinks (for me and DH) with no problem.

We bring just 12 packs of soda (2) of them on a rolling luggage cart, which we also put our other carry-on things on, so that we can roll them around the ship until we get our cabin. I've never had any problems.

Will the rolling carry on fit thru the xray machine at check in? And do they open it up to see what all is inside? :confused:

The xray machines at the cruise terminal appear to be just like the ones in airports. So if your carry-on fits through the airport machine, then you should have no problem. I put a collapsible cooler through with 24 12-oz bottles of soda (for me and DH). They didn't open/inspect it. Just sent it through the machine and sent me on my merry way.

The xray machines at the cruise terminal appear to be just like the ones in airports. So if your carry-on fits through the airport machine, then you should have no problem. I put a collapsible cooler through with 24 12-oz bottles of soda (for me and DH). They didn't open/inspect it. Just sent it through the machine and sent me on my merry way.

Thanks for the info! :)

If your rolling cooler is more tha 12 x 12 x 12 sometimes they will not allow you to take it on-board..I think its up to the security person who is at the x-ray at the time....We each carry a roll on with 2 12 packs or cokes, 6 bottles of water(we save the empties and refill them) and sometimes cranberry juice....You can bring cokes on at any port that you go to.....Dennis

If you bring cans they can ( and did to us last year ) check to see if they are soda or alcohol. They took every can out of our carton. It was somewhat of a hassle since no alcohol for me since Dec. 17, 1971:)

No regrets either

I take a small pitcher with a filter. It can make the equivalent of about 300 bottles of water. It's lighweight and inexpensive. Yes, you can lug cases of water if you want. I see people wrestling with their water at the buffet while they're waiting for their room to be ready. I see them trying to get a couple of cases up the escalator in the terminal, or waiting for a long time for elevators on the ship, because they can't get up the stairs with all the weight they are carrying.

Since you can get better quality water with a filter, at a lower cost, and much more convenience, I can't really justify lugging around cases of water. But whatever's easiest for you....enjoy your cruise.

I take a small pitcher with a filter. It can make the equivalent of about 300 bottles of water. It's lighweight and inexpensive. Yes, you can lug cases of water if you want. I see people wrestling with their water at the buffet while they're waiting for their room to be ready. I see them trying to get a couple of cases up the escalator in the terminal, or waiting for a long time for elevators on the ship, because they can't get up the stairs with all the weight they are carrying.

Since you can get better quality water with a filter, at a lower cost, and much more convenience, I can't really justify lugging around cases of water. But whatever's easiest for you....enjoy your cruise.

I learned this trick right here on Cruise Critic. I already had a pitcher for work and never thought of this. Used it the last time when there was 14 of us and friends from other rooms came and filled their bottles too. Occasionally we just put ice above the filter and left it filter through as it melted. One pitcher and one reusable water bottle so much lighter than the bottles of water I lugged with me on previous cruises.

I learned this trick right here on Cruise Critic. I already had a pitcher for work and never thought of this. Used it the last time when there was 14 of us and friends from other rooms came and filled their bottles too. Occasionally we just put ice above the filter and left it filter through as it melted. One pitcher and one reusable water bottle so much lighter than the bottles of water I lugged with me on previous cruises.

It's really the only way to go. I use a Brita Slim pitcher and take tea bags and make my own sun tea throughout the cruise with it.

Archived