carry on water/soda

glentally

So somewhere I heard you can bring 12 cans of soda or water in your carryon.

Do I just put them in a plastic bag like the kind from the grocery store?

There is four of us and although I will drink water out of the tap the queens I am with must have their bottled water.

We are going to look like a bunch that just came from the bus depot!

throw them in a rolling carry-on or even buy a collapsible cooler on wheels. It just must not exceed 12x12x12 so that it can fit in the xray machines on embark. Otherwise you gotta lug your grocery bag around on the ship everywhere you go until your rooms are opened up at 130pm.

we take our 12 pack of pop & water. wrap them in a garbage bag, put then in a small carry ob bag and check them with our luggage. not had an issue in 3 cruises.

ugh....I'm gonna flame you...I'll go ahead and say I'm sorry now:rolleyes:

Sodas and waters are to be carried on only now, as stated on Carnival's website. It irks me that people still put them in checked luggage. These sodas/waters that we bring are a privilege that Carnival graciously allows. If people keep putting them in checked luggage, then Carnival can very easily scrap the whole bring your own policy then make a killing off the soda cards.

In summation of my rant, please follow their guidelines so that we all may continue to take advantage of this terrific thing that Carnival allows us to do!!!

We carried on 3 12 pack sodas and 1 12 pack water for 4 of us. We also had 3 bottles of wine. We flew into FLL and asked the shuttle service to stop at a store so we could purhcase beverages and he said as long as everyone else on the van was ok with it he was too. Everyone thought it was a great idea and we all went shopping. We put the 3 packs of soda in a wheeling backpack, didn't zipper it and carried the water bottles and wine. I did not regret any of this and would do it for this years cruise again.

Karen

You definitely want to have a rolling carryon or something like that since you can't get to your cabins til approx 1:30 pm you will be lugging these drinks around with you (and I guess they can get very heavy very fast! :D).

I am bringing a rolling carryon onto the plane with me (valuables/heavy stuff, etc) and will be emptying some of that into my larger suitcase in miami hotel and then using the almost empty rolling suitcase to carryon my sodas/wine/water, etc. I can't aimagine shlepping grocery bags with drinks/wine onto the ship and have to lug it around for a hour or more!

Archived