Insurance for a pre-existing heart condition. Arterial stents

Dawlish

If anyone has cruised with this condition, any help in directing me to the best (and cheapest) insurer that you found would be greatly appreciated.

They cause me next to no problems and I have no difficulties with them!:D

If your condition has been stable (meaning you have required no doctor visits or medication adjustments) for the "look-back" period specified in the policy, your heart is covered. That said, the easiest way around pre-ex exclusions is to purchase a policy with a pre-ex waiver. The pre-ex waiver usually states that as long as you would be physically able to travel at the time the policy was purchased, you are good to go.

Most 3rd-party providers of travel insurance offer these if your policy is purchased within a certain amount of time after the cruise deposit is paid (15-30 days.) A couple providers (CSA and HTH) will provide a pre-ex waiver up until final payment on some policies.

SirWired

Are you in the UK? If so, the insurance coverages available to you differ from those available to US and Canadians....be sure to ask for UK specific policies to get the best answer as to what can be covered. But the advice above to get a policy with a re-ex waiver is very good.

Are you in the UK? If so, the insurance coverages available to you differ from those available to US and Canadians....be sure to ask for UK specific policies to get the best answer as to what can be covered. But the advice above to get a policy with a re-ex waiver is very good.

I will, thanks.

Blimy. If anyone has a similar condition, Orbis Insurance is worth a try. They have a separate medical screening company that they use. I declared everything, in foll, even the mild diabetes which I don't take medication for and the screening company recommended I be insured at no extra cost!!

Thanks very much for the help and advice on here. Off for a week on the Nile soon!

Archived