penthouse 9000 Jewel

Odin's Raven

Hi. We stayed in 9000 in November 2007, although I imagine it has not changed much (other than maybe some 'freshening' up during recent dry dock). I will post pictures at a later point (on iPod now, so no access to pictures on computer).

My opinion... The room was great! There was a lot of storage space, the bathroom was a good size, the bedroom and living/dining area were well laid out and comfortable, and the best part was the huge balcony with lounge chairs. I know some do not like the front balconies, but we found the wind not to be a problem, even while moving at sea (and, this is a great place to be when leaving/entering a port). And, at night, even though you are not to allow light from the cabin out to the balcony, there is enough light to sit outside to enjoy the balcony at this time too.

There was one night the waves were a little rough and I am told you feel it more up front, but a Dramamine and a few ginger candies got me through it.

The 2007 cruise was my first since 1994 and my first in a suite, and I was impressed by a lot associated with the suite perks. This is not to say that every want was met, but the extra fare was well worth the extras that come with the suite.

Anything specific you have a question about?

I will try to remember to add pictures later.

Hi' date=' Has anyone got photos of this penthouse. We are travelling on the Jewel in August and would like a preveiw of this cabin with comments please[/quote']

Penthouse is a loose term around here. What is the category for this cabin?

9000 is an AC suite in the soon-to-be old terminology.

When we traveled in 2007, there was no second bed and the sofa was not a pullout (and, not long enough to fully stretch out on). But, this past May when we were again on the Jewel, we met two families in other AC suites who had a third person. In one (10500 or 10502, I cannot recall exactly which), the third person was college-aged and I recall being told there was a sofa bed. In the other (9502) the third person was a very young child and I think they just had some sort of portable crib set up. This all said, I cannot say for sure what kind of bedding is now available in 9000 (the NCL website shows that it only accommodates two, but perhaps it is not updated information).

I attached some pictures from our cruise (or, I should say I have tried; the jpeg files were too large, even after I resized them, so I copied/pasted them into a word document and then converted it to a pdf that falls within the allowable file size limit, so here is hoping this worked).

NCL Jewel - 9000 (AC Suite) - November 2007.pdf

most of those suites are meant for 2 people. They are one large room, and not a separate bedroom.

The AB on the other hand is WONDERFUL if traveling with a 3rd/4th person. It has a separate bedroom with a real door. I would seriously look to see if you can book it.

(some people call that cabin a Penthouse as well)

9000 is an AC suite in the soon-to-be old terminology.

When we traveled in 2007, there was no second bed and the sofa was not a pullout (and, not long enough to fully stretch out on). But, this past May when we were again on the Jewel, we met two families in other AC suites who had a third person. In one (10500 or 10502, I cannot recall exactly which), the third person was college-aged and I recall being told there was a sofa bed. In the other (9502) the third person was a very young child and I think they just had some sort of portable crib set up. This all said, I cannot say for sure what kind of bedding is now available in 9000 (the NCL website shows that it only accommodates two, but perhaps it is not updated information).

I attached some pictures from our cruise (or, I should say I have tried; the jpeg files were too large, even after I resized them, so I copied/pasted them into a word document and then converted it to a pdf that falls within the allowable file size limit, so here is hoping this worked).

Many thanks Anthony and David pictures are good.

Ah' date=' thank you so much for the reply. I am looking forward to the pictures. One question we have our daughter travelling with us and was wondering if there is a second bed, be it a sofa bed or a pull down from the ceiling type.[/quote']

How old is your daughter?

There is no pull down. The only possible option is a pullout, in the same room as your bed.

Archived