If I was to skip a port, which is better to skip?

j603

My son and I are booked on the Liberty the week of Feb 26th. We are definitely doing an excursion in Cozumel, but I am torn on the other ports of Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. I am toying with idea of the Turtle Farm in GC and the River Tubing in OR? But I would like to also just have a down day too. Which is more of a must do, or better put which has better beaches for cheap?

Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

Grand Cayman has 7 Mile beach... powdery soft white sand, very nice.

Ocho has one of the better Margaritaville's in the Caribbean and the world renown Dunn's River Falls to walk up!

Tough call. The M'ville in Grand Cayman is pretty lame if that means anything to you...

:)

My son and I are booked on the Liberty the week of Feb 26th. We are definitely doing an excursion in Cozumel, but I am torn on the other ports of Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. I am toying with idea of the Turtle Farm in GC and the River Tubing in OR? But I would like to also just have a down day too. Which is more of a must do, or better put which has better beaches for cheap?

Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

I would skip Ocho Rios, that was my least fav port. We liked the 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman...

Funny how all of our opinions differ, hope it does not confuse you more;)

We LOVE Ocho and the M'Ville there!! Would never, ever miss it!! It's a very short walk from the ship. The Falls are beautiful also but just hanging and swimming at M'Ville is a great day!

GC, not a fan at all!! Been there, done that and we stay on the ship in GC now. Yes the beach is pretty but that's about it unless your a shopper. I did not find the people there friendly at all. Of all the Islands in the Carib GC is our least favorite. Staying onboard the ship on a port day is really nice and we usually do sit one out or only get off for a short walk around. Just love having the ship to ourselves!

So my vote is Ocho & M'Ville! Beach & Bar and FUN for all ages. Food is very reasonable and is very good!

Grand Cayman has 7 Mile beach... powdery soft white sand, very nice.

Ocho has one of the better Margaritaville's in the Caribbean and the world renown Dunn's River Falls to walk up!

Tough call. The M'ville in Grand Cayman is pretty lame if that means anything to you...

:)

Couldn't agree with you more, the GC M'Ville also comes with horrible service :(

If you are trying to do something on the cheap, do the Turtle Farm on GC and walk to M'Ville in Jamaica, it is nice and you don't have to spend a fortune

We LOVE Ocho and the M'Ville there!! Would never, ever miss it!! It's a very short walk from the ship. The Falls are beautiful also but just hanging and swimming at M'Ville is a great day!

So my vote is Ocho & M'Ville! Beach & Bar and FUN for all ages. Food is very reasonable and is very good!

We went to M'Ville at Ocho Rios and while the walk IS short we were badgered and followed by people wanting to sell us tours. It WAS fun once we got there but I wouldn't call the food very reasonable. They had two food items priced at $9.99, cheese quesadillas and something else that was small. Let's just say good thing we had breakfast a couple hours earlier. Most food items were priced in the teens. In Key West we got lunches for $7.99 each so big my mom couldn't even finish hers.

Agree with Mach

Margaritaville in Jamaica rather nice and can be cheap if you just buy one round of drinks and sit by their pool for a few hours.

There's also a nice beach right by Margaritaville~ makes for a nice cheap day.

Not a big fan of Grand Cayman, but still enjoyed the beach and stingrays.

I'm a firm believer in getting off at each port - enjoy!

Is M'ville something an 11 year old can do? I would love to do the Stingray City but have to be careful about which excursions I choose. My son can become extremely uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations and have a bit of a, for lack of a better term, nervous breakdown.

GC, not a fan at all!! Been there, done that and we stay on the ship in GC now. Yes the beach is pretty but that's about it unless your a shopper. I did not find the people there friendly at all. Of all the Islands in the Carib GC is our least favorite. Staying onboard the ship on a port day is really nice and we usually do sit one out or only get off for a short walk around. Just love having the ship to ourselves!

Finally someone who feels like I do about GC. We still get off the ship and shop or spend some time on the beach - personally feel that 7 mile beach is my least favorite - not very scenic. I like coves and palms and islands in the distance ...

Is M'ville something an 11 year old can do? I would love to do the Stingray City but have to be careful about which excursions I choose. My son can become extremely uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations and have a bit of a, for lack of a better term, nervous breakdown.

I remember the M'Ville in GC as being small and dark - more of a bar type atmosphere than the one in Jamaica which is really nice and open with a beach and pool.

If your son can swim and tires of the slide on the ship here's one at Margaritaville.

232323232%7Ffp6338%3B%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D3572986755337nu0mrj

If I had to choose one port to stay onboard and relax , It would be Grand Cayman .

Yes , nice beach but often overcrowded when multiple ships arrive .

Tendering can be a hassle .

But , if you have never been to any of the ports , don't skip a one.

They all offer a different island experience .

We often travel with lots of kids, yes they have a great pool with a slide and for certain will meet other kids......The kids in our group always have a great time and the adults get to enjoy a beverage or two :)

Archived